- Rough skin on the baby on her feet
- Rough skin on the face of the baby
- Dry skin on the stomach
- Dry spots on the baby’s body
- Causes of dryness
“Smooth and silky skin, like a baby”, – while this phrase is in advertising, parents are actively struggling with roughness, dryness and rash on the arms, legs, stomach and cheeks of the baby.
How can mothers cope with the dry rough skin of the baby and not allow this to happen again?
Rough skin on the baby on her feet
In the first days after birth, the baby is still covered with primordial grease – a substance that helps him to pass the birth canal and adapt to the air habitat.
The fastest lubricant dries and wipes on limbs, therefore, in infants on the skin of the legs and hands immediately irritations, and allergic reactions, and the first are reflected symptoms of more serious illnesses.
The sweat glands are not yet working at full strength, as is the exchange substances. Add to this insufficient hydration of the epidermis – and dryness appears immediately on the legs and even the feet of the child and peeling.
Roughness becomes noticeable when used when bathing unfiltered water (with bleach), strong decoctions of a string and chamomile, strong detergents (adult antibacterial or laundry soap). The rough skin of the baby on the legs can also appear due to increased room temperature in combination with a rare change of clothes and lack of air baths. Exacerbate the situation improper nutrition of mother and baby, as well as insufficient number wet cleanings.
Mom’s fear of a possible fungus is not justified – infants, the upper layer of the epidermis is updated at such a speed that the spores that cause mycosis do not have time to take root.
Rough skin on the face of the baby
- Dryness on the cheeks is usually accompanied by red or pink spots or a rash and is reaction to allergens of food or household origin. I.e if substances or products enter breast milk or complementary foods, which the child’s body is not yet ready for, or used unsuitable baby cream, all this literally seems to be face.
- Dryness and peeling behind the ears often occurs due to the fact that breast milk or a mixture that is not wiped on time flows into it.
- Dry spots on the forehead and fontanel appear in almost all children to 1-2 months. Scales extend further over the head and block hair growth, if you do nothing with them.
- Dryness and peeling in this case are caused by increased secretion of the sebaceous glands. Fat droplets dry out and are eliminated only with oils and a soft brush or scallops with rare rounded teeth – scraping them off with your nails can hurt an already suffering cover.
The rough skin on the face of the baby quickly returns to normal if remove all annoying factors, establish nutrition and choose hypoallergenic care products.
Dry skin on the stomach
Allergic reactions atopic dermatitis or diathesis, appearing first on the face, further extends to the baby’s stomach. The cause of dry skin of the abdomen may be:
- Low quality water;
- Overheating of the body (what is popularly called sweating);
- Insufficiently moistened stratum corneum;
- Wrong diet.
So that the rough skin on the abdomen in the baby does not begin to redden or covered with small pimples, it is necessary to carefully enter into lure and in mom’s diet new products. Negatively removed in parallel exogenous factors:
- All synthetic items from the wardrobe;
- Aggressive chemicals for bathing or lubrication;
- The humidity in the room rises to 75-80%, and the temperature drops to 19-21 degrees.
In complex cases, hydration of keratinized cells is combined with drug treatment.
Dry spots on the baby’s body
In addition to atopic seborrheic dermatitis also occurs. is he manifested as rough spots on the skin of the baby.
The crust looks like separate flakes that periodically appear and disappear until they disappear completely. To speed up recovery can only be personal hygiene and selected nutritionist diet.
|No.||Drug treatment||Non-medication (prevention)|
|one.||Ointment and drops “Fenistil”||Frequent bathing without actively foaming|
|2.||Ointment “Bepanten”||Careful use of herbal decoctions|
|3.||Smecta, Enterosgel, Enterol or Sorbogel for removal toxic substances from the body||Exclusion of complementary foods allergens|
|four.||Lotion Special M||Reducing servings of food – the gastrointestinal tract may simply do not get enough enzymes to cope with the amount consumed food.|
|5.||Panthenol||Air baths and the correct temperature regime, often shoot diaper, use napkins|
|6.||Urea-based preparations||Tracking what the skin of the baby is in contact with|
Causes of dryness
Roughness of the skin in rare and worst cases indicates serious diseases:
- Diabetes mellitus (vulnerable and dry cover in the legs);
- Hypothyroidism when the thyroid gland suffers (dry elbows and knees);
- Ichthyosis (layering flakes);
- Hypovitaminosis A and PP (pityriasis peeling).
It should be understood, because of which the baby is dry rough skin.
We recommend that you study what diseases cause the appearance on the skin. dry spots.
Read here how to deal with a small red rash on the body. a child.
Consultation with a pediatrician is required, but it’s worth setting up that by the year the problem is solved, and the rough skin of the baby will be healthy!