- Gases with smell in infants – is this the norm or not?
- When will the gases pass in the baby?
Every mom who wants to help her baby get rid of pains in the tummy, causing the baby a lot of discomfort, should know the reason for their appearance and effective methods to combat this unpleasant phenomenon.
A lot of gas in a baby is not uncommon, therefore, you simply must be aware of the first signs of occurrence gas workers, and also arm yourself with the necessary knowledge to help quickly solve the problem and save the child from torment.
In order to know what to do in each case, We invite you to familiarize yourself with the brief information, regarding why babies get gas, what contributes to their accumulation, which foods you should exclude from the diet, as well as how to quickly and painlessly release gases and provide crumbs a sound, healthy sleep.
The child is healthy – the parents are happy! And with this statement everyone agrees, in whom small children grow up in seme. But not every mother babe can boast of calm, peacefully spent nights, lack of restlessness and irritable behavior of crumbs.
Most often, the gases accumulated in the body of the child. Why does baby have gas? Modern medicine puts forward several explanatory theories stating that:
- Gaziki in infants from 3 weeks to 3 months is quite normal phenomenon associated with an immature digestive period system. In other words, the baby is not yet able to adapt to feeding after prolonged “feeding” through the umbilical cord, which passed throughout pregnancy.
- The necessary enzymes and bacteria are still missing and the stomach, not knowing how actively digest food; accumulates gases.
In addition to these two theories, doctors also do not discount The following reasons why babies are tormented by gases. And these factors directly depend on the parents themselves. Yes, baby’s gas may well arise through your own fault. This is about:
- Poor nutritional mother, breastfeeding (some products causing gases in infants should be excluded: flour products, legumes, apples and cabbage, soda);
- Incorrect attachment to the chest (bottle);
- Too tight swaddling, the constant cries and cries of a child, disregarded (when the baby is constantly crying, he swallows too much air, which subsequently wanders in the tummy and causes a lot of inconvenience).
How to recognize that a baby gases?
- If your baby begins to dramatically change his position, screaming loudly, and all the time trying to squeeze her legs up, and also knocks and pulls them from side to side, showing the tap excitement and anxiety, then this is a kind of signal to mom. If after a few minutes the child himself falls silent, but after for a while everyone will repeat again – it means the time has come actively act, because the baby has accumulated gaziki.
- In some children, such anxiety lasts hours and days, therefore, mom must always be alert to find on time cause and quickly eliminate it without causing harm to the child.
- In order to avoid an unpleasant situation, necessary a few minutes (10-15) before going feed the baby lay it on his stomach. To do this, use flat surface of the changing table, sofa or even just your knees. After feeding, this procedure is by no means do it for several hours.
- Immediately after the end of feeding, you should vilify the baby “column” to the first small burp.
- Regularly do a light stroking massage in the area tummy, pull the legs to the tummy, bend at the knees and let go for a couple of seconds.
If problems cannot be avoided, you need to know how to deal with it. And so, how to vent the baby:
- Tummy massage. To do this, with simple clockwise movements arrow outline the contour of the tummy. This does not always help, but often calms and relaxes the baby;
- Rescue tube for exhaust gases. This fixture there is in all pharmacies, and it costs a penny. Small tube grease with vegetable oil or cream and put in the ass child, pre-laying it on the barrels, and pressing the legs to tummy ;.
- Enema. In most cases, if the baby smells of gas, it means he has not had stool for more than a day. In this case we put a small enema of pure boiled water;
- Warmer. If this is not in the house, just a warm diaper will do, heated by an iron. This simple device is placed on the tummy, and mom holds the baby to her;
- Decoction of herbs and medications. Often all the above methods are ineffective and if still the gases in the baby go off badly, then it’s time to give the baby dill water (buy at the pharmacy), tea from fennel or chamomile. Children’s syrups about gases and colic (Colicidum, Espumisan and others).
Gases with smell in infants – is this the norm or not?
Many are afraid that baby fetid gases. But this is not an anomaly at all! In many children due to weak peristalsis and unformed microflora, gases smell.
Bad odor caused by the fermentation process at the bottom the digestive tract will pass over time. In most cases this is not a cause for concern, but on occasion you can consult with your pediatrician about this.
When will the gases pass in the baby?
In fact, give a definite answer to this question impossible! Someone this phenomenon took place in 4-5 weeks, and someone suffered for more than 4 months (contrary to the opinions of doctors who state about a strict 3-month digestive period systems).
Based on this, you should not completely wonder as to when gases pass in infants. Simply try to do your best to relieve pain sensations and release the accumulated gases in the tummy. Not just panic and don’t go to extremes, because soon all will pass, and you and your crumbs will find a strong and healthy sleep. Find out in passing which foods cause gas formation in baby.
Mom’s note: How to restore microflora after antibiotics intestines.
Read material on how to treat bowel dysbiosis at home baby.
Also, if you are interested in more detailed information about nature the occurrence of gases, as well as modern methods of control, see informative video footage of Dr. Komarovsky.
Gases at the baby Komarovsky – this transfer will calm mother’s naughty nerves and will allow a new look at this a problem. The main thing is do not lose your composure and faith in your strength. AT In this case, you can help your baby if the baby smell of gases, better than any doctors!