Parents, having received the result from the laboratory, try independently deal with the results of the study. The obtained data can easily be decrypted by yourself, knowing control digits.
Adults should understand that any analysis shows a picture of the state of health at the time of the analysis. Surrendered re-blood to the laboratory for the study may show a completely different result.
A general blood test in children and its interpretation is carried out for determination of hemoglobin concentration. During the study white blood cells, red blood cells, platelets are counted. Value has a ESR for diagnosis.
Clinical blood analysis and its interpretation helps to make decoding of other indicators, carry out at the request of a doctor more extensive research. This is narrowly specific medical information, that you want to get to evaluate the hemoglobin content in red blood system. The doctor needs to know the amount red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets. It allows you to consider leukogram and determine ESR. The table below is enough information to understand how good the result was after such a laboratory test.
The norms of a general blood test in children vary throughout first year of life. Higher levels of hemoglobin and other indicators in newborns are gradually declining.
Indicators characteristic of children from 0 to 12 years old, presented in the table.
Blood test the child and his transcript may show normal, reduced or increased research result. Low and high the results indicate pathological processes occurring in the body of the child.
- The reasons for changing red blood cells and hemoglobin in the analysis are similar. An increase in red blood cell count indicates dehydration. If the general analysis in children and its interpretation was carried out with vomiting, diarrhea or fever, then no worries. it natural reaction of the body. If increasing red blood cells revealed against a background of general malaise, before that indicates the presence of pathological processes in internal organs.
- Malnutrition with a lack of protein and iron leads to a decrease in the number of red blood cells in children. The development of anemia can be associated with previous blood loss, the development of leukemia or other blood diseases.
- White blood cells may be enlarged due to any inflammatory process. In children, their number increases in white blood cells after vaccinations. A reduced amount is rare and indicates a strong decrease in protective functions.
- Neutrophils are stab and segmented elements. blood. Any bacterial infectious diseases are accompanied by their increase. A decrease in neutrophils occurs with viral infections after a course of antibiotics and taking antiviral preparations.
- Leukocyte formula with a shift to the left is observed in acute forms of inflammatory processes. Right shift in children is rarely rarely and can be observed with a lack of folic acid and Vitamin B12
- Eosinophils indicate an allergic reaction. They can be increased when a child is infected with worms.
- Lymphocytes increase during ARVI or therapy some diseases. Their decrease indicates diseases, very depressing immunity.
- Platelets are responsible for blood coagulation. Organism them actively produces after surgery or when congenital pathologies. Their decrease is observed in children, premature births with hemophilia and some diseases.
- ESR increased indicates inflammation, decreased is extremely seldom.
- Plasma cells in a blood test of children allowed single indicators. In increased amounts, they appear in capillaries during viral infections. Their appearance suggests that the child is clearly ill, and this disease proceeds with all visible upon examination by symptoms.
What should be the norm of neutrophils in the blood of children.
Do you know what an increase in blood monocytes means? baby?
Be sure to read the publication, from which you will understand what to do. with an increase in blood lymphocytes. A doctor, viewing the results of a general blood test in children and having made its decoding, makes a diagnosis and prescribes treatment if necessary.