- What is immunoglobulin e?
- The content of immunoglobulin e
- Causes of immunogobulin increase
- Immunoglobulin Assay
- Treatment of elevated immunoglobulin e
In people who are prone to allergies in the blood immunoglobulin e increased.
What does it mean? This suggests that in the body
produced a large number of antibodies that perform
protective function. However, excessive ige excess is negative
affects health and can be a sign of serious autoimmune
What is immunoglobulin e?
Иммуноглобулины — специфические белки, которые
synthesized by red blood cells. They protect the body from various
infections, destroying pathogens. Ig are also produced when
ingestion of allergens.
Total found 5 classes
- A – contained in the mucous genital organs, in the maternal
- M – are responsible for humoral immunity.
- D – their role in the body is not fully understood.
- LgG – remain in the blood after the infection,
Ige – produced in response to the penetration of allergens. AT
serum this protein is present in very small
quantity. Being in the cell membranes, class E immunoglobulins
react with allergens. Is released into the blood
Histamine and the patient has an allergy.
It proceeds in two stages:
- ATыброс активных веществ провоцирует повышение проницаемости
vascular wall. The secretion of all glands increases, therefore
tissue swelling begins.
- Blood cells join the process (eosinophils, etc),
the release of inflammatory mediators occurs.
The patient has an allergy in the form of:
- ATысыпаний на коже.
- Swelling Quincke.
- Bronchial asthma.
to content ↑
The content of immunoglobulin e
Globulin E is produced by the fetus at the 11th week of pregnancy. AT
during the life of his number is growing slowly, and after 50 years
starts to decline. If the newborn is fixed
increased Ige, this means that the child has inherited the propensity to
AT течение первого года жизни концентрация общего глобулина
decreases with the strengthening of the immunity of the baby. Healthy
for an adult, the amount of substance remains stable at
stretch of a lifetime.
The rate of Ig total:
|ATозраст||Norm in IUml|
|6 months-1 year||33|
|Above 18 years old||Up to 212|
Article in the topic: What is albumin and their rate in the blood. What should
быть значения?to content ↑
Causes of immunogobulin increase
Increasing immunoglobulin e in children and adults means developing
severe allergic reactions. This usually happens in the following cases:
- Severe allergies.
- Bronchial asthma.
- Atopic dermatitis.
Also, a high concentration of a substance in the blood happens during infection.
helminths. Excess may have non-allergic
nature and indicate the presence of serious diseases:
- Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
- Malignant tumors.
- Cancer of the blood (leukemia).
Another reason for the increase in globulin e in adults –
genetic disease Hyper-Ige-syndrome, in which
the content of globulin e above the norm is several dozen times (up to 50
thousand units / ml). This is expressed by the following symptoms:
- persistent allergic rhinitis;
- recurrent pneumonia;
- chronic candidiasis;
- progressive osteoporosis;
- severe atopic dermatitis;
Patients with this syndrome have an increased risk of disease.
cancer and systemic autoimmune diseases.
to content ↑
Immunoglobulin E is measured for primary
diagnosis of allergies and autoimmune pathologies. Indications
to the analysis are:
- Frequent allergies.
- Persistent infectious diseases.
- Recurrent candidiasis.
- Signs of bronchial asthma.
- Suspected leukemia and other malignant tumors.
- The need to identify the cause of autoimmune conditions.
- If the patient can not carry out skin tests.
Before testing for a common patient globulin
must be trained:
- Stop taking medication 4 days before testing.
- Give up alcohol and tobacco 24 hours before the fence
- Do not eat at least 10 hours before analysis.
The distorted test results may be as follows.
- Intoxication of the body.
- Reception of medicines.
- Chemo and radiation therapy.
- A blood transfusion, conducted within 3-5 months before
Determination of the concentration of a substance is carried out by ELISA
(linked immunosorbent assay). It is based on identifying specific
reactions between antigens and antibodies. The antibodies only respond to
certain antigens and no others. Therefore, this method
considered the most sensitive and reliable. Laboratory assistant measures
the number of complexes formed and the amount of antibodies that
did not react.
to content ↑