Vegetative-vascular dystonia (VVD), or neurocirculatory
dysfunction is a pathological condition of the vegetative nervous
systems resulting in inadequate supply
organs and tissues of oxygen. Often patients impose
many different complaints. But with a comprehensive examination of the patient
no changes in the organs are found, since the symptoms
occur when deviations in the structure and functions of the vegetative
Further, we will in simple words tell what is the IRR, what
the causes of its occurrence, with what symptoms are people most often
face and how to treat this disease.
What is vascular dystonia (VVD)?
Vegetative vascular dystonia (VVD) is a vegetative disease.
nervous system. The autonomic nervous system (ANS) regulates
the work of vessels and internal organs. It is divided into sympathetic and
parasympathetic system. The effect of ANS systems is opposite
directed: for example, the sympathetic system accelerates the heart
contraction, and parasympathetic slows down.
А функции эти весьма разнообразны и жизненно важны.
- Поддержка нормальной температуры тела и артериального
- Processes of cardiovascular activity
- Пищеварение и мочеобразование
- Деятельность эндокринной и иммунной систем
When the IRR balance between the parasympathetic and sympathetic systems
is disturbed, causing symptoms that worsen the overall
well-being. Symptoms of the IRR do not carry a threat to a person’s life,
however, they can sometimes signal serious problems.
in the vascular, nervous, cardiac or other systems
Pathology is usually detected in children or young age, the peak
симптомов приходится на 20-40 лет – самый трудоспособный и
the active period, thus the habitual rhythm of life is broken,
difficult professional activities, suffer intrafamily
In modern medicine, vegetative vascular dystonia is not
considered as an independent disease because it is
a set of symptoms, developing on the background of the course of any
organic pathology. Vegetative-vascular dystonia is often
referred to as autonomic dysfunction, angioneurosis,
psychovegetative neurosis, vasomotor dystonia, syndrome
vegetative dystonia, etc.
The main features of the IRR consider:
- Pain in the heart (cardialgia);
- Respiratory disorders;
- Autonomic disorders;
- Fluctuations in vascular tone;
- Neurosis-like states.
So vegetative dystonia is not
independent disease, and complex syndrome, which is
part of the total clinical picture of various psycho-emotional,
somatic, neurological or mental diseases.
Pathology can manifest itself from early childhood or teenage
years, but as a rule, it does not cause much concern. Peak
According to statistics, the age is from 20 to 40 years.
It has been proven that the female population is more susceptible than
It is diagnosed in 60 – 70 percent of cases in an adult.
population and in 10 – 15 percent of children and adolescents.
The reasons вегето-сосудистой дистонии самые разные и, подчас,
lie in early childhood or even the period of fetal development.
Among them, the most important are:
- Внутриутробная гипоксия, аномальные роды, перенесенные в
- Stress, neurosis, severe physical overload;
- Traumatic brain injury and neuroinfection;
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy, in adolescence
- Heredity and features of the constitution;
- The presence of chronic pathology of internal organs.
Behavioral factors may contribute to vegetative dystonia.
и образ жизни:
- Чрезмерное увлечение алкоголем и кофе
- Great mental or physical stress
- Играет также роль тип темперамента и черты характера:
- Менее всего подвержены ВСД самые уравновешенные по своему
- Напротив, холерики и меланхолики находятся в группе
- Менее всего подвержены ВСД самые уравновешенные по своему
Mentally balanced, cheerful people suffer from vegetative
less disturbed than anxious, irritable
People suffering from IRR are sensitive to life changes. For
climate change, moving to a large
distance, in a different time zone – unpleasant
Symptoms of vegetative-vascular dystonia in adults
Manifestations of vegetative-vascular dystonia are diverse, which
due to the multifaceted effects on the body of the ANS, regulating
basic vegetative functions – respiration, blood supply,
sweating, urination, digestion, etc. Symptoms
autonomic dysfunction can be persistent or
manifest attacks, crises (panic attacks, fainting,
other paroxysmal states).
All symptoms characteristic of the IRR can be combined into the following
- Weakness, fatigue, lethargy, especially strong in the morning
- Unpleasant sensations or pain in the heart;
- Feeling of lack of air and related deep
- Anxiety, sleep disturbances, anxiety, irritability,
концентрация внимания на своем заболевании;
- Headaches and dizziness;
- Excessive sweating;
- Неустойчивость pressure и тонуса vessels.
All of the above symptoms are largely due to the tone
vessels. Therefore, depending on what kind of vascular tone
prevails in this particular person, there are the following types
|Type of IRR||Blood pressure||Symptoms|
|Hypertensive||≥130 / 90||
|Hypotonic||≤110 / 70||
|Mixed type||May fluctuate||Symptoms are present:
Человек, у которого вегетососудистая дистония, часто
- sleep disorders
- increased fatigue
- depressed mood
- навязчивыми состояниями и всевозможными неврозами
- У него могут быть частые обмороки, тремор рук, сбои
heart rhythm, panic attacks, phobias of various diseases, etc.
Symptoms приступа ВСД
Like other pathologies, vegetative dystonia can
become aggravated after emotional disturbances or acute oxygen
fasting An acute attack is not dangerous for the life of the patient, but he may
cause abnormalities in the blood vessels as well
mental disorders and internal pathologies.
To этого не произошло, необходимо знать симптомы, которыми
exacerbation of neurocirculatory dysfunction. To them
- a sharp deterioration in health;
- muscle weakness ощущение «ватных» ног;
- изменение pressure;
- chest pain;
- heart rhythm disorder;
- epigastric pain;
The course of vegetative-vascular dystonia may be complicated
vegetative crises occurring in more than half
patients. Depending on the prevalence of violations in one way or another
the vegetative system section differ in sympathoadrenal,
vagoinsular and mixed crises.
If we talk about neurological and cardiac disorders,
that can provoke a disease, they manifest themselves in
- decrease in the efficiency of the heart muscle, interruptions in its
- development of hypertension or hypotension – increased and decreased
- disruption of the urinary system, increased urge
to the toilet;
- a change in the vegetative regulation of the eyes that leads to
- failure in the process of metabolism, weight loss;
- development of meteozavisimosti – acute reaction of the body to
- malfunction of the vascular system resulting in poor
nutrition of brain tissue;
- расстройство функций ЖКТ — запоры, диарея, вздутие и т. d.
The consequences of the IRR are essentially its aggravated symptoms,
which take place already in the early stages of the development of the syndrome, but not
bring special anxiety to the sick.
Patients with vascular dystonia are usually treated by a neurologist.
Additionally, cardiologist consultations are scheduled.
gastroenterologist, endocrinologist. Participate in the treatment
Physiotherapist, specialist in physiotherapy and massage,
Exacerbation of VSD occurs in spring and autumn. Dangerous period
Dystonics consider early spring. Impairment sometimes
so serious that you have to go to the doctor, take
Complaints of people suffering from vegetative-vascular dystonia,
- со стороны сосудистой системы – скачки pressure, головные,
сердечные боли, tachycardia, повышенная потливость, слабость;
- reduced immunity due to seasonal hypovitaminosis
after winter, exhaustion of protective forces, frequent colds, causing
To правильно поставить диагноз ВСД, необходимо исключить
somatic (organic) diseases giving similar
- For example, to exclude thyroid disease
железы (гипотиреоз и гипертиреоз) проводят УЗИ щитовидки и
donate blood for its hormonal activity.
- Sometimes you need to do an ECG (electrocardiogram), MRI
(magnetic resonance imaging), vascular dopplerography (ultrasound
cerebral vessels), visit an oculist and an endocrinologist.
- And only after the exclusion of somatic diseases and complete
confirmation of the diagnosis of the IRR, the doctor may prescribe an individual
Treatment of VSD in adults
Treatment of VSD is carried out comprehensively and includes the following
- Normalization of the day regimen, sleep, rest;
- Elimination of physical inactivity, using dosed
physical activity (exercise therapy);
- Medical massage and water treatments;
- Balneotherapy (treatment with mineral waters);
- Limiting the sources of emotional experiences – computer
games, TV shows;
- Counseling and family psychological correction;
- Normalization nutrition (regular consumption of enriched
- Drug therapy.
The most difficult stage in therapeutic treatment is the elimination
the reasons that led to a vegetative disorder. Reviews
patients with vegetative-vascular dystonia suggest that a person
often able to identify factors contributing
manifestation of the syndrome. They indicate stress, overwork, quarrels.
and conflicts in the family, leading to an attack of the IRR.
Preparations for vegetative-vascular dystonia
With the ineffectiveness of non-drug methods prescribed
pharmaceutical preparations. These drugs are selected individually.
for each patient, start with the minimum doses and gradually
adjusted to the desired concentration. Special attention is paid to deliverance.
from chronic foci of infection in the body, treatment of endocrine and
Медикаментозное лечение определяется преимущественной
symptoms in a particular patient. Main group
drugs in the IRR are funds with sedative
- Phytopreparations – valerian, motherwort, new-passit, etc .;
- Antidepressants – tsipraleks, paroxetine, amitriptyline;
- Tranquilizers – seduksen, elenium, tazepam, grandaxine.
Depending on the disturbing complaints, the doctor may prescribe
tablets for vascular dystonia following medicinal
- potassium and magnesium preparations (Magne B-6, Panangin, Asparkam)
– to improve vascular tone and the relationship between nerve
- beta-blockers (Metaprolol, Anaprilin) - at the stand
- Nootropics (Piracetam) – for the normalization of metabolic processes and
improve blood circulation;
- antidepressants (Amitriptyline, Tsipralex) – with pronounced
symptoms of depression to regulate the work of the central nervous system;
- tranquilizers (diazepam) – to provide a sedative effect
with anxiety and panic attacks.
Physiotherapy for VSD
Physiotherapy in the treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia is directed
on the regulation of vascular tone, normalization of metabolism and
elimination of pain. Character, systematic and
the intensity of the procedures are chosen by the doctor in accordance with
features of the disease.
The effects that physiotherapy procedures produce on a patient with
vegetative neurosis are:
- soothing – electrosleep, electrophoresis of sedatives
- toning – magnetic and laser therapy,
- vasodilator – galvanization, local
- vasoconstrictor – electrophoresis of adrenaline and others
adrenomimetic drugs (drugs that stimulate
- antiarrhythmic electrophoresis of potassium chloride, lidocaine.
Medical massage and water treatments
Physical effects on the body, in particular therapeutic massage
and water treatments improve blood circulation, improve performance
lymphatic system, if necessary, restore the structure
spine (in the case of osteochondrosis), and together with the spine
nerve channels are also aligned with the vessels that are through it
pass. In addition, massage allows you to relax, relieve stress,
improve muscle tone.
Most experts in the field of prevention and treatment
Vegeto-vascular dystonia agree that the first place
It is worth putting a physical rehabilitation.
It is various physical exercises that can significantly
help in the fight against illness. But here the correct ratio is important.
the difficulty of exercise and the abilities of a particular
the patient. This is the only way to achieve the best results.
What to avoid?
Some actions of the patient may aggravate the condition in the IRR.
So, with the existing violations in the work of the vegetative nervous
systems should not:
- too much meditation;
- create additional stress for the body or exhaust yourself
increased physical exertion;
- long time to go on diets or starve at all;
- be an avid pessimist;
- drink alcohol, smoke;
- listen to the recommendations of people without appropriate
medical education (especially in the field of medical
treatment of disease).
Nutrition and Diet
Proper nutrition in vegetative-vascular dystonia in children and in
adults require exclusion from the diet of certain dishes and products.
This is mainly food containing a large amount of harmful
cholesterol, increasing excitability and adversely affecting
tonus and vascular structure.
There are no hard and fast rules. IRR has
psycho-emotional etiology, so it is imperative that the patient
did not experience unnecessary stress. Diet should leave feeling
ease, not permanent restrictions, which in itself can
lead to depression even a healthy person.
Proper nutrition in vegetative-vascular dystonia is based on
- in the diet a lot of products containing magnesium and potassium;
- mandatory pressure stabilizing products;
- normalization of water-salt balance will help consumption
The basic rules when making the menu and diet for people with
vegetative dystonia is following:
- Food should be beneficial to the body.
- Food should be healthy.
- It is necessary that with food intake all
necessary useful elements for his work.
Diet for vegetative-vascular dystonia of the hypertonic type
includes foods and dishes with reduced salt content.
- vegetable soups with groats and soups not on strong meat / fish
broth with a minimum amount of extractives without
add spices and seasonings.
- Bread is preferable to use whole grain or
bran, in small quantities – rye or wheat.
- Meat and poultry should be low-fat varieties and eat them better
in boiled and baked form.
In the hypotonic form of the IRR, vegetables and fruits should contain
vitamin C and beta carotene, it is recommended to lean on:
- citrus, bananas, pineapples. You can eat potatoes
semolina, white flour bread.
- To increase the pressure you need to eat nuts, buckwheat, brains,
- Herring and cheeses can be introduced into the diet a couple of times a week, this
will increase the pressure.
- Candy, chocolate, coffee and cocoa give a good effect.
In the cardiac form of the IRR, products with magnesium and
potassium In the diet enter:
- oatmeal and buckwheat, beans and onions, peas and eggplants, grapes,
peaches, apricots, raisins and dried apricots.
- From drinks choose juices, compotes and jelly.
- Great benefits come from dairy products, chicken dishes.
eggs, lean fish and meat.
There are many folk remedies for vegetative-vascular
dystonias, below we have collected some effective recipes for different
type of IRR.
Hypertensive type (with increased pressure):
- Best helps hawthorn. Here you can use
the following recipe: a teaspoonful of aids soak in a water bath
(250 ml of water) for 4 hours; this infusion can drink 25
grams three times a day.
- In equal proportions mixed lemon balm, lingonberry leaves,
flowers of hawthorn. Measure 8 g of the mixture, pour 0.3 l of boiling water and
insist. Take the broth to 50 ml 5 times a day;
Hypotonic type (when pressure is reduced):
- take 1 part of zamaniha roots, wild rose berries and hawthorn,
2 servings of chamomile pharmaceutical and hypericum. Gaining 10 g of raw materials
pour a glass of cold water and leave for 4 hours, then heat
in a water bath for 15 minutes, insist hour, filter. Volume drink in
3 doses per day;
When blood pressure jumps can be used
- It includes ingredients such as hawthorn flowers (20
gram), lily of the valley flowers (10 g), valerian root (20 g), hop cones
(10 g), peppermint leaves (15 g), fennel fruits (15 g);
- one tablespoon of such a mixture (well pounded) is poured
a glass of boiling water;
- for infusion, you need to put the solution in three hours
cool place, then bring to a boil and let cool.
When the IRR for tonic effects on the body is used
infusion using echinacea, hops and rhodiola (golden root). To
make this tool will need:
- Echinacea inflorescences;
- Rhodiola rosea root;
- Hop cones.
Mix in a proportion 2: 2: 1 and add hot water from the calculation
a glass of water for one tbsp. collection. When the infusion has cooled, you need
add one art. l honey Present herbal remedy drink
during the day in three steps. Use this remedy every day in
during the month. This treatment is preferably carried out once a year.
Forecast вегето сосудистой дистонии благоприятен, нередко ее
manifestations remain forever in childhood. However, without prophylaxis and
treatment, vascular dystonia can lead to persistent
high blood pressure, which changes the structure and
the functions of various internal organs; to process disturbances
digestion, etc ..
При ВСД необходимо проводить регулярные (обычно
seasonal) courses of prevention of exacerbations, for which they prescribe:
- vitamin therapy
- physical therapy,
- Spa treatment.
Мы простыми словами объяснили, что это такое за заболевание
and why it is important to start treating vegetative vascular dystonia in time.
Take care of your health and at the first signs and symptoms of IRR,
consult a doctor.