Toxic hepatitis – damage to the liver by industrial,
agricultural and household chemicals
hepatotropic poisons leading to inflammatory response and necrosis
hepatocytes, changes in liver reactivity.
Next, we consider the toxic toxic hepatitis of the liver,
what are the first symptoms of intoxication and what is prescribed in
as a treatment for adults.
What is toxic hepatitis?
Токсический гепатит — это воспалительное заболевание
liver, which develops due to pathological action
toxic substances on the body.
The development of toxic hepatitis begins with the penetration
body chemicals. Their harmful effects prevent
normal functioning of organs and systems and leads to
Particularly severe damage is caused to the liver because it is involved.
in cleansing the body and removing pathological substances. If their
turns out to be too much, the body cannot handle them, and
its cells gradually begin to break down.
In the future, the liver increases in size, the patient
severe pain and other negative changes appear.
According to the etiological factors, toxic hepatitis is divided into 4
- Toxic drug hepatitis;
- Toxic alcoholic;
- Caused by industrial poisons;
- Caused by poisons of natural origin.
Acute toxic hepatitis, develops as a result of hit
single, high concentration of poison or small dose of poison
with affinity for liver cells, usually symptoms
appear in 2-5 days.
Chronic toxic hepatitis of the liver
The development of the chronic type of this disease is due to
systematic minor effects on the body. In that
In case of a pathology, it forms gradually, at first without even showing
self symptoms. This can take months or even years.
The acute and chronic form of pathology is dangerous for human life.
Firstly, because such a disease can lead to hepatic
insufficiency, and also because cirrhosis of the liver can develop,
with the subsequent liver failure.
That is, in any case, without treatment, the prognosis of the course of the disease
unfavorable, and the probability of death is very
is great. Especially dangerous for humans is medicinal
toxic hepatitis caused by prolonged use
drugs, in particular antibiotics.
The path of ingress of toxic substances in the human body is
different. It may be a long lasting chemical or
toxic factors of production due to professional
activity, accidental or intentional poisoning, prolonged
or uncontrolled intake of hepatotoxic medication
drugs. Such substances can get into the body through
digestive tract, respiratory system and skin.
|Ways of penetration|
|Digestive tract||mouth → stomach → blood → liver|
|Respiratory system||nose → lungs → blood → liver|
|Leather||Through the skin poisons can also penetrate the blood, and then in
|Penetrating into the blood alone hepatic poisons can have a direct
action on the liver cell (hepatotropic poisons), breaking it
function and livelihoods. Other types of poisons that break
кровообращение в мелких сосудах питающих liver, это приводит к
lack of oxygen in the cells and their death, followed
violation of the function of the body.
For liver cells, poisons are:
- many medicines;
- poisons contained in plants and mushrooms;
- components in industrial production, in particular
insecticides, arsenic, phosphorus, pesticides and others.
Based on what substances can trigger this disease,
can identify the main risk groups. It:
- people engaged in hazardous production;
- persons prone to alcohol abuse;
- patients who prefer not to wait for a doctor’s prescription
for medication, and begin treatment independently and without
Symptoms of toxic hepatitis
If we are talking about chronic pathology, then it is a long time
may be asymptomatic. So when the signs of the disease
appear, it already affects a large number of liver cells, which
fraught with severe conditions. In acute form, signs usually
appear quickly, therefore, to diagnose pathology in this case
For all toxic hepatitis is characterized by the presence of two groups
- signs of damage to the liver itself (jaundice,
hepatomegaly, pain in the right hypochondrium);
- signs of toxic effects on other organs (depending on
chemical structure of a toxic substance).
Signs of acute toxic hepatitis of the liver
The main symptoms of acute toxic hepatitis are:
- The process begins abruptly, a maximum of 3-5 days after
- Pain in the right hypochondrium, severe intensity,
associated with an increase in the size of the liver and its capsules;
- Body temperature reaches 38 degrees and above;
- Great general weakness;
- Scrape in all tele;
- Vomiting, possibly with blood impurities;
- Rifle hemorrhage under the skin;
- Vascular stars;
- Violation of orientation in space;
- Inhibition or vice versa, mental and nervous
- Dark urine;
- Lightening feces;
- Enlarged liver.
Signs of chronic toxic hepatitis:
- Periodic pain in the right hypochondrium, moderate intensity,
reinforcing after eating;
- Severity in the right hypochondrium, associated with an increase in the liver;
- Low-grade body temperature 37-37.5 C;
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, bitter taste in the mouth, bloating
stomach, diarrhea, these manifestations develop as a result of a violation
- Fatigue, decreased performance;
- Pruritus, itchy skin due to accumulation of bile acids;
- Enlarged liver and spleen.
These symptoms may subside for a while (remission), and again
In most cases, the manifestations of toxic hepatitis
regress after cessation of contact with a toxic substance,
full recovery occurs. After severe toxic
liver damage with massive hepatocyte necrosis develops
cirrhosis of the liver, in rare cases – liver cancer.
|Latent period||It begins with the entry of toxic substances into the body and
continues until the onset of symptoms.
|Stage of acute clinical manifestations||The following signs of toxic liver damage appear:
jaundice, fever, weight loss, weakness and decrease
appetite, dyspeptic disorders. It is characteristic at this stage.
damage to vital organs.
|Exit stage||This is the interval from the maximally developed clinical picture to
recovery or death.
The mild form of the disease can be treated quite easily. Concerning
heavier and more advanced forms, hepatitis can cause such
- liver failure that disrupts normal
the performance of this body;
- damage to the central nervous system that leads to
periodic convulsions, loss of consciousness;
- cirrhosis of the liver, which most often leads to lethal
to the end
Complications болезни приводят к очень серьезным последствиям.
Therefore, it is very important to stop the destructive effect on
To confirm the diagnosis of a toxic form of hepatitis patient
must undergo a full medical examination which includes
self examination of the patient, palpation of the liver and internal organs,
percussion and auscultation.
As laboratory tests are used blood tests and
urine and liver tissue microscopy:
- Blood biochemistry – liver function tests (ALT, AST, total protein, total
bilirubin and its fractions, alkaline phosphatase);
- General blood analysis;
- General urine analysis;
- The study of feces for the presence of toxins;
- Liver biopsy.
Among the instrumental studies used ultrasound
Toxic hepatitis should be differentiated:
- with liver damage with alcohol, drugs, bacteria,
viruses and parasites;
- with gallstone disease, liver cancer and other tumors
- autoimmune hepatitis, liver developmental disorders and gallstones,
- acute pancreatitis, reactive hepatitis.
Лечение токсического гепатита печени
The method of disposal of poison is in such events:
- Bed rest the whole period of rehabilitation.
- Gastric lavage. Required to clear it from the possible
remaining harmful substance. For this, patients are administered
special probe, cleaning the stomach with water in several approaches.
- Removal of toxic substances from the body. Are applied
special cleaning droppers and activated carbon which
- Reception of vitamins of groups B and C. Help to support normal
the body’s work, contribute to the restoration of strength and vigor.
Treatment of chronic toxic hepatitis is carried out.
courses and includes:
- vitamin therapy;
- detoxification therapy (glucose and Rieger solutions,
- regular intake of hepatoprotectors and choleretic
- taking membrane stabilizing drugs,
- при тяжелых состояниях показана трансплантация
In the treatment of toxic hepatitis are widely used drugs with
These drugs stimulate the synthesis of endogenous
phospholipids have anti-inflammatory and choleretic
impact. Hepatitis requires a long course of treatment.
these drugs – up to 6-7 months.
Diet при токсическом гепатите — это режим питания, которому
the patient will follow until full recovery. These rules
resemble normal healthy food with a mandatory count
calories and determining the ratio between proteins, fats and
carbohydrates. Preference is given to food cooked in the home.
conditions without the addition of dyes and flavors.
- Refractory fats, spices, spices, pickles and pickles,
- Coarse fiber (legumes, swede, nuts, seeds, mushrooms,
white cabbage), vegetables with essential oils (radishes, onions,
garlic, green onions, radish).
- Fatty meat, offal and fatty fish.
- Pastry with cream, black bread, muffins, millet.
- Coffee, ice cream, chocolate, cocoa.
- Egg yolks.
- Sour fruits and berries, vegetables and fruits in their raw form.
- Alcohol and drinks with gas.
To the list of products required for use in toxic
Hepatitis, doctors include the following:
- dietary varieties of fish, poultry and meat;
- fruits and vegetables other than those that can annoy
gastrointestinal mucosa and affect
- fruit and vegetable purees, as well as soft fruits (bananas);
- cereals in the form of cereals or soups;
- refined vegetable oils except olive
(it is too fat and will not be useful for the liver, although it contains
a large amount of vitamins);
- homemade dried fruits without sugar;
- green tea, vegetable and herbal decoctions;
- low-fat dairy products, cottage cheese without
- egg white, eggs in limited quantities.
In general, timely diagnosis and proper therapy helps
completely cure the disease. Therefore, the prognosis is favorable.
However, acute lesions of the digestive organ in large doses.
toxic substances in combination with the lack of qualified
medical assistance can lead to death.