- Folic acid function
- Key recommendations
- Vitamin complexes with folic acid
- What foods contain folic acid?
- Table of folic acid (vitamin B9) content
- Daily folic acid requirement
- Folic acid deficiency and its excess:
- For pregnant
Folic acid is extremely important for normal
the functioning of the whole organism. She is often called “female
vitamin. ” And although the B9 does play a big role on
throughout pregnancy, participating in the formation of a nervous
tube of the fetus and placenta, nevertheless the substance is necessary for
any person regardless of age or gender.
Best if folic acid is ingested
in a natural way with food. However, this is not always
happens enough, then come to the aid of medical
Folic acid function
Впервые фолиевую acid обнаружили в листьях шпината, отчего и
its name has gone (folium from an armor. “leaf”).
The main functions of vitamin B9 are as follows:
- The formation of red blood cells. Thanks to the vitamin in
hemoglobin protein synthesis occurs, containing iron. With
folic acid deficiency develops anemia.
- Повышении иммунитета. Vitamin B9 allows
increase the body’s resistance to viruses and infections.
- Укреплении сосудов и поддержании нормального
heart rhythm, as well as reducing the risk of developing diseases such as
atherosclerosis, stenocardia, heart attack, stroke.
- Оказании благотворного влияния на рост и развитие детей
- Ensuring normal flow
беременности и формирования плода.
- Улучшении переваривания пищи, а также
preventing diseases such as ulcers, gastritis, etc.
- Нормализации психологического состояния,
because folic acid helps produce serotonin.
- Регуляции женского здоровья – отодвигается
menopause, improves the flow of menstruation.
- Налаживании мужского здоровья – формируется
the correct amount of chromosomes in the seminal fluid; and
improves production, good condition and concentration
to content ↑
Some recommendations for consuming vitamin B9
- With приеме аспирина количество фолиевой кислоты в организме
- With употреблении препаратов для лечения туберкулеза и
epilepsy, as well as during estrogen replacement therapy is necessary
take extra vitamin B9.
- Corticosteroids flush the substance out of the body, so together
it is better not to take them.
- The action of folic acid can be enhanced with vitamin
- Under the influence of light, about 50% of the vitamin is destroyed,
содержащегося в products.
- Folic acid is destroyed during heat treatment. Under
high temperatures lose about 70-90% of the vitamin,
contained in vegetables, 95% – in meat, more than 50% – in eggs.
to content ↑
Vitamin complexes with folic acid
With нехватке фолиевой кислоты ее следует получать дополнительно.
This can help vitamin complexes, as well as vitamin B9 in
If the body lacks only folic acid, and the rest
элементы в норме, то достаточно приобрести только фолиевую acid
in pills. With покупке важно обращать внимание на дозировку. Alone
funds can be used for prophylaxis, while others only for
treatment of severe vitamin deficiency as prescribed by a physician. To them
include drugs Folacin, Apo-Folic, containing 5 mg of folic
There are also comprehensive tools to restore
lack of several vitamins. Among these drugs can
- Folio containing B9 and iodine;
- Foliber – B9 and B12;
- DoppelGerz active Folic acid – B9, B6, B12, C, E;
- Maltofer – B9 and iron;
- Folic acid with B6 and B12 from Evalar – B9, B6, B12;
- Hemoferon – B9 and iron, etc.
For pregnant назначают, как правило, поливитаминные комплексы,
containing an increased dose of folic acid, as well as other
useful in the period of carrying a baby vitamins. To such drugs
- Матерна, содержащая В9 в количестве 1 мг;
- Элевит, В9 – 0,8 мг;
- Витрум пренаталь форте и Витрум
пренаталь, В9 – 0,8 мг;
- Прегнавит, В9 – 0,75 мг;
- Мульти-табс Пренатал, В9 – 0,4 мг;
- Алфавит Мамино здоровье, В9 – 0,6 мг;
- Компливит Мама, В9 – 0,4 мг и т.д.
In any case, before using folic acid tablets
you should consult a doctor. Only he can determine
optimal preparation and dosage, depending on age,
Статья в тему:Productы с высоким содержанием белка to content ↑
What foods contain folic acid?
Folic acid is found in large quantities in the following.
- Greenery. Especially dark green lettuce leaves
contain a large amount of vitamin. Consuming
daily onions, parsley, spinach, lettuce can be provided practically
the daily rate of substance.
- Asparagus. Of all the plants, asparagus is the most
nutritious and dense product with vitamins B9. All varieties of asparagus
rich not only folic кислотой, но и витамином WITH. Очень полезен
celery, especially if added raw in a salad. He is not
only rich in folates, it also fights kidney stones.
- Broccoli. In addition to vitamin B9 contain a lot
other nutrients. However so that they do not collapse
it is better to use the product either raw or slightly
boil for a couple.
- Fruits. Papaya, grapes, banana, melon, strawberry,
малина – источники фолатов. However, their greatest
the amount is contained in citrus fruits – oranges, grapefruits,
tangerines. Only one orange provides 15% of the daily requirement.
- Бобы, фасоль. A lot of folic acid
found in lentils, beans, beans, green peas. Large
part of the daily norm can be obtained at the expense of a small bowl
- Avocado. This is not only a source of vitamin B9,
but also fatty acids, vitamin K and dietary fiber.
- Cabbage. It contains not only folic
acid, но и витамин С, позволяющий ей лучше усваиваться. Most
useful Brussels sprouts and cauliflower. Only 250 mg boiled
Brussels sprouts make up a quarter of the daily norm
vitamin A. Cauliflower is best added fresh in salads.
- Seeds and nuts. Among the nuts are the richest
vitamin – almonds, peanuts, hazelnuts, walnuts. Adding seeds
flax, sesame, sunflower in salad and other dishes, you can
significantly increase the levels of folic acid in the body.
- Vegetables. Beetroot – one of the best sources
folate, as well as a good product for removing toxins from the body.
1 cup of corn contains approximately 9% of the daily requirement.
vitamin A. Carrots are recommended to be consumed raw in snacks.
or salads, as such, its 25 mg will give 5% of the daily norm.
- Liver. Especially helpful is lamb liver and
calfskin Only 100 g of the product meets the daily need for
folic acid. In addition, it is an additional source of iron.
- Eggs This is not only a source of vitamin B9, но
also protein and other beneficial vitamins.
- Cereals. One serving ready to eat
злаков содержит примерно 100-400 мкг фолиевой acid. Enriched
Vitamin also bread, rice, oatmeal. Wheat, buckwheat, rye better
is in germinated form, so a large number
to content ↑Статья в тему:Какие гормональные капли в нос выбрать
with a cold?
Table of folic acid (vitamin B9) content
Ниже представлена таблица содержания витамина в products
|Product||Vitamin B9 in g per 100 g of product|
|Radish, turnip, melon||0.006|
to content ↑
Daily folic acid requirement
In order to avoid lack of folic acid in the body,
it should be given daily in a specific dosage.
Infants up to half a year should receive 65 μg of vitamin a
day, from six months to 1 year – 80 μg, from 1 to 3 years – 150
mcg, from 3 years old and adolescents – 0.2 mg. Adult
optimally requires 0.4 mg per day. Dosage in the period
pregnancy increases to 0.6 mg.
However, not only during gestation does the need increase
folic acid, but also in old age, after
suffered injuries and surgeries during active sports.
to content ↑
Folic acid deficiency and its excess: manifestations
To determine the level of vitamin B9 in the body, you can use the analysis
blood. If the indicators are normal, they are in the range from 3 to
17 ng / ml. If the level is higher or lower than this value, then
возникает избыток или дефицит фолиевой acid.
Article in topic: List of products rich in useful amino acids.
Which ones are irreplaceable?
As a rule, lack of vitamin B9 causes the wrong
nutrition. However, it may be associated with intestinal diseases or
dysbacteriosis, as well as the use of certain medicinal
drugs. Deficiency may manifest itself in the form:
- folic acid deficiency anemia, which is expressed in lesions
digestive tract, headache, lethargy and numbness
limbs, weakness, fatigue, etc .;
- problems with carrying is spontaneous abortion,
premature labor, placental abruption;
- difficulties with conception – infertility in both spouses, violation
- congenital abnormalities of the fetus – low birth weight, cleft
lips and palate, dropsy of the brain, etc .;
- nervous breakdown, depression;
- cognitive impairment – poor memory, insomnia, fatigue,
irritability, aggression, increased anxiety.
Unlike folic acid deficiency, which suffer from 20
up to 100% of the population depending on the region, the excess is found
very rarely. This is due to the fact that vitamin B9 is water soluble,
therefore, if it is exceeded, it is simply excreted in the urine. An exception
are people suffering from severe liver and kidney diseases.
In this case, an excess can cause:
- during pregnancy – excessive weight gain in the fetus, and
greater risk of developing diabetes, asthma and a tendency to
allergies in the baby;
- in men, an increased risk of developing prostate cancer;
- insomnia, irritability, irritability, etc.
to content ↑