- Why does the navel get wet
- Is it possible to bathe a child
- Proper navel care
- How to process the navel
This article is intended for parents and especially for moms who care for newborn.
The first days after discharge from the hospital, you should carefully monitor for the state of the umbilical wound. After the birth of the baby, umbilical the cord is clamped with clamps at a distance of 5-7 cm from the tummy baby and crop. Around the fourth day of life, the cord dries and falls, leaving the umbilical wound, which is finally heals in about 2 to 3 weeks.
There are cases of a longer healing process, the wound may get wet and even fester. Therefore to care for the umbilical wound it is necessary to treat with a large share of responsibility.
In this article, we will tell you in detail how to care for umbilical wound, if it starts to get wet, by what means and drugs should be used. We will tell you about the reasons. weeping navel of a newborn and help solve the problem.
Why the navel gets wet
In the process of healing the umbilicus, there are small discharge without color and odor, this is normal. With proper wound treatment quickly tightened.
If she continues to get wet for a longer time, see a doctor immediately, in no case do self-medication. The pediatrician will pick you antiseptic drugs specifically for your baby.
Reasons why the navel gets wet:
- The wound is infected;
- The child has reduced immunity.
If you don’t take emergency measures, umbilical sepsis may develop, and this is dangerous for the baby. The infection spreads instantly The account does not go for days, but for hours.
Is it possible to bathe a child
Until the navel heals, the baby should be washed very carefully, so as not to infect. Bath, slide for bathing (for newborns are preferable to use a tissue slide), The washcloth should be perfectly clean.
We use the individual soap and put it should separately from personal hygiene products of other family members.
After each bathing, wash the bath thoroughly with a cloth we wash the slides and washcloth with laundry soap and dry separately from other things. Immediately before bathing, we douse objects, intended for bathing the child, boiling water.
It’s best to boil bathing water, you can disinfect water by adding a weak solution of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate). The solution is prepared in a separate container to prevent ingress into water of undissolved manganese crystals that can cause burns skin.
Adding a decoction of a string or chamomile to the bathing water, be sure to filter the solution through several layers of fabric so that particles of grass and debris did not fall into the water.
- Belly Button Tools
- Navel gets wet
- Processed navel
- Pampers with a navel cutout
- Bathing equipment
Proper navel care
- The main rule is the cleanliness of hands and all hygiene items;
- While bathing, the crusts around the navel are softened, after bathing carefully remove them with a sterile cloth;
- Non-soaking elements are treated with 3% hydrogen peroxide, digging into the umbilical fossa with a pipette, slightly pulling off the skin;
- In no case do we peel off the crusts, wait until they get wet and only then we remove;
- If hydrogen peroxide hissed and bubbled, it means in the wound pus is present. It’s okay, hydrogen peroxide is good clean and disinfect the wound;
- We clean the navel with a cotton swab, dry it with a napkin and process the brilliant green. Zelenka well dries the wound and accelerates healing process;
- If the umbilical wound becomes wet, one treatment per day categorically not enough. Mandatory during the morning toilet look through the wound and, if necessary, process the same scheme;
- We select the baby’s clothes so that she doesn’t injured the area around the navel. In no case do not seal navel. Free air access helps fast healing. We put pampers in such a way that he does not press on the navel. Right now in there are special diapers with a cutout for the navel;
- The baby should not be spread on the tummy until the navel heals. Tension of the abdominal muscles can provoke a divergence of dried scar.
How to process the navel
If we properly care for the umbilical wound with traditional methods with the help of brilliant green and hydrogen peroxide, but it does not heal and continues to get wet after three weeks, the pharmacy sold more potent drugs for treatment of the umbilical wound. Which drug is better to choose only a pediatrician can tell. Not worth doing self-medication.
- 1% alcohol solution of chlorophyllipt. it antimicrobial agent of plant origin. Possesses antibacterial (bacteriostatic and bactericidal) action, especially regarding staphylococci, including antibiotic resistant strains. It has anti-inflammatory act. Please note that if there are residues in the wound hydrogen peroxide chlorophyllipt precipitates. Therefore after washing the wound with hydrogen peroxide; its remains should be removed sterile isotonic sodium chloride solution.
- Antibiotic Baneocin ointment or powder – combination antibacterial drug for treatment infectious and inflammatory diseases. It perfectly eliminates source of infection (microorganism), accelerates the healing of the umbilical wounds and reduces the severity of the inflammatory process.
Observing all safety precautions we will receive very soon a pretty little navel with which your baby will live his whole life.