The first half year of life of the newborn baby maternal
milk is the most complete food. To this period was
comfortable for the mother, and the baby brought only benefits, each
неопытной маме следует знать основные и самые
главные правила кормления грудью.
Putting the baby to the chest. Important points:
The first time a newborn is to attach to the mother’s breast
immediately after the end of labor. Baby must get colostrum
(the first thick yellow milk that appears), because it is
natural protection of the baby against bacteria. It is the colostrum that strengthens
Immune system of the newborn immediately after birth.
- Before feeding, take a comfortable position and turn the baby around.
body to itself.
- Make sure the baby’s head and neck are arranged one at a time.
straight line. In this position, the milk without obstruction enters
- Baby’s mouth close to the nipple – feeling the smell of milk, baby
he himself will open his mouth wide.
- Place the nipple in the baby’s mouth so that only
the upper part of the areola (dark areola). Achieve that
so that the baby captures the nipple along with the areola. Lower areola
must be completely in the mouth of the baby.
- If the child is passive and does not squeeze the lips, you can touch the mouth
lower areola. It is undesirable to do this nipple, because
the baby can grip the tip of it. Even
slight sucking on the bottom of the nipple leads to it
- After the newborn grabs the nipple with the areola,
you need to slightly adjust the position of the breast so that it does not interfere
- If the baby sucks greedily and begins to choke, you should
stop feeding by gently opening the baby’s jaws with your finger. On
hands hold the child vertically (column) until it appears
- Since at first the nipples are painful, you should not
It’s better to wait for the breast itself to be taken from the newborn
he refuses to suck. But you do not have to endure the pain when
feeding, which may mean that the baby has captured the breast
wrong. It should immediately pick up the chest, carefully opening his jaw
baby, and put the nipple in the mouth again with the areola.
Features of modern breastfeeding
- One of the principles is free and unlimited feeding.
first wish of the baby. Unlike the old methods, this method
has a positive effect on the psycho-emotional state of the child and
helps to increase lactation in mom. It is advisable to give chest
in any restless state of the baby, without waiting for him crying.
If a baby in the first months requires 10-16 feedings – this is
- Up to six months, the baby needs nightly feedings, as they
bring the greatest benefit to the child, and the mother forms
- The duration of sucking depends only on the child. Last thing
breast milk is the most fat and healthy, therefore it is recommended
give the baby suck one breast to the very end.
The second should be offered only in the next feeding. An exception
can be only in case of lack of mother’s milk in one
breasts for complete satiety.
- A baby up to six months can only manage breast milk.
without the introduction of additional power. (when to start typing
- The best option for the full development of the child, strengthening
immune system and virus protection is breastfeeding
up to one and a half to two years.
When breastfeeding is not necessary:
- Often wash mammary glands, since frequent washing removes
Protective fat layer with nipples. Lack of protective film leads
to nipple and areola painful cracks. Once or twice enough
day to take a shower.
- Giving a child water – excess water can reduce appetite and
increase flatulence in the digestive system of the infant. Teaspoon
water per day can be given only if from my mother’s
fatty milk in a child constipation.
- Before half a year, use pacifiers and water from a bottle. If the baby
not enough mother’s milk, then supplementation should be given using
spoons or pipettes. Infant may confuse breast sucking with nipple
(it is harder to suck milk from a breast than from a bottle), and
improper sucking can lead to nipple cracks. Besides
the baby may completely abandon breast milk.
- After each feeding, rescue milk residues.
An exception – застой в груди, нагрубание или вынужденное разлучение
mothers with baby.
- Weigh the baby often. It is enough to control the weight of one
once a week or two. Frequent weighing can unnerve the mother and
to encourage the introduction of unnecessary supplements.
- To feed the baby with sweet tea. Sweet can harm future
teeth, and tea can contribute to iron deficiency.
Video number 2
Breast feeding is an individual natural process.
All children, like mothers, are different. Only with my own experience
любая мама сама сможет установить правила кормления грудного
child, relying on the features of your baby and following
recommendations professionals and moms who fed more than one
On the topic of breastfeeding:
- Tips for moms
- Nursing mother’s diet
- How to properly attach the baby to the chest
- Hurts breast feeding
- Cracks in the nipples. How to treat?