The sun, in addition to the undeniable health benefits, is fraught with There are also some dangers, the main of which is overheating. Than the younger the child, the more vulnerable it is; overheating in the sun is especially dangerous in babies under one year old.
At this age, thermoregulation processes are imperfect, since are in the process of becoming. To know and be able to recognize the symptoms of overheating the baby in the sun is necessary primarily for in order to take appropriate measures in time.
Overheating usually occurs for the following reasons:
- Being in direct sunlight for a long time;
- Too warm clothes, even in mild sunny weather;
- Intense exercise in hot weather.
Signs that the baby is overheated in the sun, notice not difficult. Symptoms will vary by stage. overheating.
Stage 1 characterized by the following symptoms:
- Thirst, dry mouth, an older child will ask for a drink, the baby will worry, cry, twist his head in search of bottles to lick lips;
- Red spots on the face (optional symptom, it may not be be);
- Anxiety, overexcitation is replaced by lethargy;
- Heart palpitations.
Symptoms of 2 stages of overheating:
- High body temperature (up to 40 degrees C), chills;
- Signs of dehydration – sunken, dry eyes mucous membranes, in infants – sunken fontanel;
- Nausea, dizziness, general weakness, and lethargy;
- Blurred consciousness, circles before the eyes.
Stage 3, critical, poses a serious threat to health and life of the baby and is characterized by the following symptoms:
- A sharp decrease in body temperature;
- The limbs become cold;
- The skin turns pale;
- The child loses consciousness.
It is worth noting that in children, the stages very quickly pass one into different and the younger the child, the more intensive the development diseases. The faster you take the necessary measures, the more chances to avoid irreversible consequences.
The main complications and dangers of overheating in the baby’s sun the following:
- Chance of sunburn.
First aid associated with the prevention or elimination of these consequences. It is necessary to place the baby in a place protected from the sun, which should be:
- With good air circulation;
- With good humidity.
Lay the child on its back on a horizontal surface, remove clothes. Put the baby in a bath of water. Water should be 2-3 degrees (no more!) cooler than the child’s body temperature.
If there is no bath, then wet the sheet and wrap it with the child, on put a cool compress on your head.
Drink it with clean water, ideally salted (at the rate of 0.5 teaspoon of salt per 500 ml of water). If the baby got a burn sunlight, it is necessary to cool for 10-15 minutes (cold water, compress) and smear the affected area with cream from burns. If the burn is more than 1% of the whole body (this it is easy to find out by comparing the affected area with the baby’s palm, the area of which is 1% of the total skin cover), then you need to see a doctor.
In case of loss of consciousness, bringing the baby to life will help a cotton wool brought to the nose moistened with ammonia.
When the child overheats in the sun, you can not:
- Put the child in cold water (bath or open pond), drink with cold water – a sharp drop in temperature can only aggravate the situation;
- Drink with tea, juices, carbonated drinks – contained in tea caffeine prevents fluid replenishment in the body, and sugar only increases thirst;
- Give antipyretics – in case of overheating, they ineffective.
- To smear sunburn with sour cream, oil, fat cream – fat forms a film on the skin and interferes with normal air exchange, thereby exacerbating the burn.
An ambulance must be called if:
- The child lost consciousness (even if he later came to his senses);
- The measures taken do not bring a noticeable improvement baby.
What are the most effective burn remedies for children.
Prevention of heat stroke or say dehydration to the body no child.
Read here what to do at high temperatures. a child.
- Avoid walking during the most solar activity (with 11 to 16 hours);
- Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun;
- Properly dress the child – clothing should be in light colors, from natural materials. Mandatory headwear;
- Often offer the child water;
- Use sun protection products (cream, spray) with protection factor of at least 15 units.
If you do not neglect these measures prevention, the sun will always be a source for the child only health and joy.