- Pregnancy pressure normal and abnormalities
- Increased pressure in the early stages
- Increased late-stage pressure
- What tonometer is better to measure pressure during pregnancy
- How to measure blood pressure correctly of pregnancy
When pregnancy occurs, the woman’s body experiences stress. This leads to various unpleasant symptoms. One such symptom is high blood pressure.
There can be many reasons for hypertension. therefore it is recommended to take a pressure measurement at each visit to the doctor, to recognize the high blood pressure during pregnancy.
Pregnancy pressure normal and abnormalities
The norm blood pressure favors a value of 120/80 but doctors have long known that it cannot be ideal blood pressure for people of all ages and any physical activity.
Normally, blood pressure should be measured every day. or once a week before pregnancy, to be sure determine the normal blood pressure of a woman. it allows the specialist to track the increase or decrease in pressure, which can be dangerous for mother and baby.
There are cases when normal human pressure is outside the generally accepted norms. For example, someone is fine himself feels at a pressure of 130/90, and someone at that pressure does not have forces to even get out of bed.
For a pregnant woman, normal pressure is also considered 120/80, but its slight increase is allowed (up to 140/90). Above this figure, pressure is considered increased, and below the indicator 90/60 – reduced.
Many different factors affect blood pressure. Also important is the measurement time. If possible must be the same time of day.
Reasons for increased pressure:
- Stress, worries, worries for the unborn child and for the course pregnancy.
- After waking up, blood pressure always rises.
- High fetal weight may cause shortness of breath with walking.
- Exercise or lack of exercise physical activity.
- High mental activity.
- Toxicosis and gestosis.
- Lack of sleep.
- Magnetic storms.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Bladder overcrowding, bowel movement.
- Diabetes mellitus and obesity.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland and adrenal glands.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol (if before pregnancy, a woman consumed daily more than 50 g alcohol).
- The presence in the diet of a pregnant woman of a large amount of salty, sweet, fried and greasy. An unbalanced diet.
- The effect of a white coat (fear of a doctor, excitement).
If a woman has a fear of doctors or uncontrolled increased heart rate at the sight of a hospital, cabinet door or appearance hospital smell, this should be reported to your doctor. With this Features experts recommend measuring pressure in a calm setting, preferably daily, several times a day (in the morning, afternoon, evening). Such actions will clearly demonstrate whether problems with high blood pressure and if they are, then whereby they arise.
As a rule, women whose pregnancy is not the first more subject to increased pressure because they have to spend time with an older child, worry about him. Serious factor is the age of the oldest child, the smaller it is, the greater Pregnant per day experiences stress.
Due to the development of the fetus in the body of a woman, it increases significantly heart load due to increased circulating through cardiovascular system of blood.
- General deterioration feeling pregnant.
- Migraine, aching persistent headache.
- Dizziness and dots before the eyes.
- Toxicosis, persistent nausea.
- A sharp drop in vision.
- Abdominal pain.
- Redness of the skin (most often the face and area neckline).
Increased pressure in the early stages
High arterial early pressure is a very rare and dangerous occurrence. Usually during pregnancy, the woman’s blood pressure decreases due to the restructuring of the body and the beginning of the formation of branches of new blood vessels for the placenta. If in the first trimester there is an increase in pressure – this should alert the doctor.
With hypertension, a narrowing of the walls of the vessels occurs, therefore, they have high blood pressure. By such small narrow vessels to the fetus may not receive the desired the amount of all necessary nutrients and oxygen. it may slow fetal growth and, in rare cases, frozen pregnancy. Blood pressure which is much exceeds the norm, can lead to an abortion.
Increased late-stage pressure
In the third trimester the baby develops, another one is formed in the mother’s body circle for blood circulation. This process is normal. blood pressure, so its increase is not the norm.
A slight increase in pressure can be observed at the most late dates (at the 9th month) – this is normal, because it’s getting harder for the body to carry an adult baby.
The weight of the fetus in the last trimester doubles, therefore a large load sharply begins to affect the uterus, muscles abdomen, swelling of the legs and other related symptoms. This leads to an increase in blood pressure.
A slight increase in pressure is considered an increase from 5 to 15 units from the normal blood pressure of a pregnant woman.
With increased pressure, the walls of the vessels narrow significantly complicating the patency of the substances necessary for the fetus, trace elements and oxygen, which can affect the development of the embryo. Most a serious complication is termination of pregnancy.
With prolonged slow movement of substances and oxygen to placenta, a child may have irreversible developmental delays and congenital pathologies, neurological disorders appear.
In the second and third trimester, high blood pressure can lead to detachment of the placenta, which is accompanied by heavy bleeding and can endanger the life of the mother and baby.
To reduce slightly elevated blood pressure used only folk and sedatives – decoctions, tinctures and diet.
Perfectly reduces high blood pressure:
- Hibiscus tea.
- Motherwort, valerian.
- Beetroot, birch sap, cranberry juice. Juice from aronia (no more than 6 tbsp. Spoons, otherwise it may diarrhea begins).
- Infusions from various herbal preparations. Components that can be combined: hawthorn, rose hip, flowers linden, calendula, motherwort, birch leaves, aronia fruits mountain ash, mint, plantain, raspberry leaves.
- Pumpkin broth (simmer until soften, then add honey).
- Diet: exclude coffee, chocolate, strong tea. Reduce fat consumption, fried and salty foods. Add fresh and boiled vegetables to the diet, lean meat, dairy products, cabbage and carrots. Can make a salad of them, seasoning with a small amount of oil. Food steaming is preferable.
- Cool shower.
- Exercises: push a finger on a point contact of the spine with the head and count to 10. Squeeze or stretch the middle finger of one hand, then change hands. Perform the procedure 3-5 times with a break of 3 minutes.
With a more dangerous increase (up to 20 units from the norm), appoint dopegin and a dropper of magnesia. In severe cases, a pregnant woman lay on inpatient treatment to maintain pregnancy.
What tonometer is better to measure pressure during pregnancy
There are three types of blood pressure monitors:
- Mechanical. Consists of a cuff, a pear and a stethoscope. Pear is pumping air in this case, it is necessary to make certain efforts that will affect the result. You will have to listen to the heartbeat through a stethoscope, which is also not very convenient. During pregnancy may hearing loss, which will also significantly affect the measurement. Device not suitable for measuring pressure on your own.
- Semi-automatic. Cuff air Inflated manually using a pear. Pressure is measured automatically. Also not suitable for measuring yourself, because that pearing will affect the result.
- Automatic. Fully automated. They themselves pump air, they themselves measure the result. Ideal for independent measurement of blood pressure at pregnancy.
How to measure blood pressure correctly of pregnancy
- 1 hour before measurement should exclude the use of coffee, tea or any other caffeinated drink. No smoking for 30 minutes before measurement (smoking during pregnancy may be bad affect the condition and development of the fetus, therefore it is better completely exclude for all 9 months!).
- Measurement is carried out after a short rest (at least 5 minutes).
- The measurement is carried out in a comfortable for pregnant pose. It can be lying or half sitting, leaning on the back a chair or chair. The hand must be located at the level hearts. Nothing should squeeze a hand.
- Position the cuff at heart level, lower its edge is 2 cm above the elbow.
- The first measurement must be carried out on both hands. With a difference of more than 10 divisions, further measurements are carried out on the arm with great pressure.
- Take a second pressure measurement in 1-2 minutes. If the obtained value differs by more than 5 divisions, a control measurement is carried out 5-10 minutes after first.