- What is useful swimming for babies
- How to learn to swim
- Who and when should teach the baby to swim
- Water temperature
- Several ways and methods of teaching a child to swim
- Belly swimming
- Pose for the baby to rest
- How to teach a child to dive
Every mom wants her baby to be the smartest, most healthy and most beautiful. That’s why the question is so acute, when to start developing a child and teaching him useful skills.
One of the most significant of them is swimming. First of all, learn how to teach swimming baby and at what age it is right to start doing this.
What is useful swimming for babies
The value of swimming in itself does not need proof. AT During the swimming process, a person uses virtually all the muscles providing minimal strain on the spine.
As a result, the likelihood that your little one will get in the process of learning any kind of injury is virtually eliminated.
Swimming has a beneficial effect on the baby’s health and performs many important functions:
- Develops a cardiovascular system;
- Increases baby stamina;
- Positive effect on the child’s breathing, straightening and increasing lung capacity;
- Increases the resistance of the child’s body to differential temperature
- Strengthens the immune system;
- Facilitates tissue oxygenation;
- Improves blood circulation in the brain;
- Carries out a peculiar water massage.
Do not forget that for almost nine months of your life, baby spent in the womb, where he’s used to water, so he’s not at all afraid water. Babies are very fond of swimming.
Swimming is especially good for babies who were born. ahead of schedule. The fact is that while in the water, the body of the child weighs less than usual, which allows kids to quickly catch up with peers, who were full-term and not accustomed to swimming.
How to learn to swim
Many parents do not believe in educating a one-year-old child swimming is possible. Empirically proved that this is not nothing unreal.
At first, it’s easier for kids to learn to swim underwater, because they are more familiar. After a while, with the help of dad or mom, the peanut begins to stay on the water.
Based on this, experts are sure: first teach a baby to dive, and then move on to learning directly swimming. Not all children are willing to data procedures, but do not despair. The main thing is to be patient and persistent.
Advantages of early swimming training:
- Health promotion, the acquisition of important skills;
- Guaranteed lack of fear of water and the likelihood that a child may drown when it enters a body of water;
- Good sleep after swimming;
- Diving rinses the nose and treats a runny nose;
- Great pastime and a chance to learn how to interact with a child to a new level.
Disadvantages of early swimming training:
- After the first (and often not the first too) experience, the child is very He screams loudly and cannot calm down for a long time. Not many parents ready to waste your nerves and loosen your psyche.
- A grown child who already knows how to swim can try do it unattended by adults. The result of such experiments famous.
- It is much easier to teach an adult baby to swim.
- Infant may stop trusting parents due to the fact that they lower it under water.
Who and when should teach the baby to swim
All experts are unanimous in their opinion: first the teacher of the baby should be mom. You need to start right away after birth. The fact is that for 3 three months the baby is no longer has a breath hold reflex so the process can get complicated.
If possible, for the first experiments it is better to invite an instructor who can demonstrate to parents how to teach a baby to swim in the bathroom. From a month and a half from babies can already go to the children’s pool, where professionals will show many important and useful exercises.
If you are learning to swim, a child who is one year old just a few days, the water temperature should be between 35.5 to 36 degrees.
The optimum temperature for a plump baby with multiple folds – from 34 to 35. Of course, you need to follow how comfortable the baby feels in the bathroom.
Several ways and methods of teaching a child to swim
Leading experts recommend a certain a sequence of actions that will facilitate the implementation tasks.
- Slowly and carefully immerse the child in water, placing child upright. First, immerse the legs.
- Wait until the baby gets used to what is in the water. Move it to a horizontal position, supporting palms from below. The movements should be as clear and confident as possible so that the child felt safe.
- Take the child as follows: place your left hand under the nape of the baby, and grasp the thighs or between the legs with the right. Child should be as horizontal as possible.
- You should begin to gradually move the child through the water in the same position. Try to master the movement of “eight”, on the turns crossing arms.
- Start teaching your child to push off the side by letting him down legs close to a hard surface and placing feet on it. After the baby pushes off, take him back, but not strongly so that the baby feels addicted.
- Lay your baby horizontally on your stomach so that the head of the little one was located under water;
- Grasp the back of the head with the left hand;
- Hold your child’s chin with his right hand, opening with finger his mouth;
- You begin to slowly drive the child along the water back and forth;
- Go to the figure eight movement.
According to these methods, you can teach your child to swim by 9 for months.
Pose for the baby to rest
- Put your baby on your stomach;
- Put your hands so that his hands are on your right a hand;
- Support the head of the little one;
- Water the back of the baby with some water.
How to teach a child to dive
How to perform the first bathing of the baby after the hospital.
Practical advice: How to choose a fitball for babies.
Find out at what age a newborn begins In order to teach the baby to dive, it is required to perform the following actions:
- We loudly signal “Dive!”;
- We blow the child in the face so that he closes his eyes and holds breath;
- For a few seconds, lower the baby into the water.
All exercises may initially cause some difficulties, however, over time, the baby will get used to the water and ask himself bathe. Do not back down, learn how to teach babies to swim and Be patient, because the health of your child depends on this!