Update: November 2018
Giardiasis is considered a parasitic disease, the causative agent
which are the simplest parasites – Giardia. Getting into
the human body, these single-celled organisms upon occurrence
favorable conditions may begin to actively proliferate, leading to
severe disruption of the gastrointestinal tract.
With giardiasis in adults, the symptoms resemble disease.
biliary tract and liver, as well as reduced full
the assimilation of essential nutrients, leading to a general
According to statistics, 40 percent of humanity is infected with this
overlooking parasites and only 20 percent have clinical symptoms
diseases. Considering that an adult is resistant to such
invasions, and liambliarsenism is asymptomatic, many
experts say the infection rate is much higher
Как можно get infected лямблиями?
Giardia in the environment are present in an inactive form, in
in the form of so-called cysts that live outside the human body
about 3 months. Once in the gastrointestinal tract, they can
to multiply by pair division, in those places where there are many
accumulates. How does giardiasis infection occur in adults and
children? How is giardiasis transmitted?
- Violation of personal hygiene, through dirty hands, that is
- Eating unwashed fruits, vegetables, salads
- Sexually transmitted infection is possible if the rules are not followed.
- The use of unboiled water, even in spring water is
- Having a large number of flies in the rooms, they are
main carriers and sources of giardiasis infection.
Infection with giardiasis is more often observed in childhood, therefore
incidence among children reaches 70 percent. It is believed that
lambliasis occurs in adults three times less than in children,
since the mature immune system has more adults
chances of having the resistance of the digestive system to various
However, often with giardiasis in adults, the symptoms may wear
obliterated character, and the person does not seek thorough medical attention.
examination, taking some signs of giardiasis for other
disorders of the digestive system or exacerbation of chronic
diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Signs of giardiasis in adults
Symptoms of this disease depend on the location of the parasites in
the body and the duration of the defeat of the body by these protozoa.
After cysts enter the gastrointestinal tract, an adult
can remain only lamblix carrier, without characteristic symptoms
diseases, but when Giardia breeding is massive,
giardiasis is manifested by the clinical symptoms of the following
1. Cholecystitis, biliary tract dyskinesia 2. Enteritis, duodenitis,
enterocolitis, duodenal dyskinesia 3. Allergic reactions
– the occurrence of bronchial asthma and allergic cough,
bronchitis, atopic dermatitis are often associated with the presence of
Human Giardiasis 4. Depression – Giardia in the process
life emit a lot of toxins that are depressing
act on the human nervous system, causing unexplained
depression, sadness, apathy. 5. If an adult or child is installed
diagnosis of vegetative dystonia, it is necessary to be examined for
subject to the presence of giardiasis, since the signs of giardiasis in adults
and children in the chronic stage are similar to this symptom complex.
Given the above, the symptoms of giardiasis in adults may be
- Slimming as a result of decreased appetite, nausea
- Dyspepsia, change of constipation diarrhea, may appear foamy
- Soreness, bloating, increased rumbling of the abdomen, sometimes sharp
severe pain in the gastrointestinal tract, heartburn, belching
- Slight pain in the navel, in the right hypochondrium
- Increased swelling, sweating
- Pallor, dry skin, yellowness and peeling
skin, formation of lips in the corners of the mouth, cracked lips
- Unmotivated fatigue, weakness, irritability,
anxiety, dizziness, pain in the head
- Nervous disorders, tics, insomnia, restless
To avoid infection with giardiasis should be constantly observed.
все правила личной hygiene:
- Wash hands thoroughly after using the toilet, in front of
- Avoid swimming in bodies of standing water when swimming in
lake, river, in any reservoir be
- Careful, try not to swallow in the mouth
- Thoroughly rinse all vegetables and fruits.
- Destroy flies in rooms, especially where it is prepared
- Work with the ground, sand, make gloves.