Modern medicine is known for many types of staphylococcal
infections. Both adults and breast infections are susceptible to such infections.
children. Симптомы стафилококка у грудных детей легко
confused with the symptoms of any other infection so when
the first signs of its urgent need to consult a doctor.
Types of Staphylococcus
Staphylococcus bacteria can be found on mucous membranes,
on the skin as well as in the intestines. Based on the location of the bacteria,
All staph infections are divided into three different types:
- Saprophytic staphylococcus (in which bacteria are located on
- Epidermal Staphylococcus (in which bacteria are located on
- Staphylococcus aureus (the most dangerous species, bacteria
are located in the intestine, as well as on the mucous membranes of the nose or
Diagnosis of Staphylococcus in Infants
Staphylococcal symptoms vary according to
stage of the disease. The early stage is as follows.
- a sharp increase in the body temperature of the child (more than 38 ° C);
- repeated vomiting, diarrhea.
Later stage manifests within 4-5 days from the beginning.
diseases. The first thing you need to pay attention – rash on
baby’s skin. When there is even a small purulent rash
An urgent need to consult a doctor. If you do not start on time
treatment, these rashes can gradually affect the internal
organs of the child, and subsequently – cause sepsis (infection
To diagnose a staph infection, a doctor like
rule assigns tests. Depending on its possible
localization, are assigned scrapings from the skin, nasal mucosa, the total
blood test and stool analysis for staphylococcus.
Staph bacteria are usually
- By airborne droplets (when in contaminated
close proximity – less than 1 meter);
- Food by (when infected with staphylococcus some products
nutrition – milk, meat products, etc.);
- Domestic way (due to the use of non-sterile
medical instruments, non-compliance with personal hygiene).
Infants often become infected through the umbilical wound, through
nipple cracks in mom when breastfeeding and also on
territories of medical institutions (in particular, surgical and
maternity wards). Children with weakened immune systems, frequent
dysbacteriosis and catarrhal diseases are included in the main
risk group for infection with staphylococcal infection.
To diagnose Staphylococcus aureus and also to appoint a scheme
only a doctor can treat it. The most dangerous thing in this
diseases – self-medicate.
Depending on how the disease progresses, the doctor
- antibacterial drugs;
- penicillin antibiotics;
- immunostimulating therapy;
- vitamins, mineral supplements and other substances capable
normalize hormones and body metabolism
Treatment всегда назначается комплексное, в зависимости от
localization of Staphylococcus aureus bacteria. With skin
rashes ulcers must be treated. Very important
тщательное соблюдение личной гигиены в период diseases.
Every day you need to bathe the child, change bedding and
clothing, to disinfect dishes and other household
As folk remedies for treatment are used
The following recommendations:
- For the treatment of skin rashes in infants prepare a decoction
succession. At the same time ½ kg. the dry runner is poured with two liters of water and in
simmer for 15 minutes. Next, the broth insist
within 30 minutes, filter and add to the baby bath before
- Infected skin is also treated with garlic.
compresses. For its preparation it is necessary to chop 50 gr.
garlic and pour it with 1 cup of warm water. The resulting mixture
it is necessary to insist for 2 hours, after which it is moistened
gauze cloth and applied to the affected skin on
- Infection is well treatable with apricot puree.
The child needs to be given on an empty stomach, during the day you need to eat
about 500 grams. mashed potatoes.
- A decoction of chamomile flowers and
Labaznika, fruits of dill, calamus root, cyanosis and oregano,
mint and fireweed leaves, and hop cones. Taken on 2 dining rooms
spoons of each ingredient, placed in a deep jar and poured
1 liter of boiled water. This mixture must be infused for 10
hours, then strain and take half an hour before meals for 100 grams. 3
times a day.
- Celery juice is also used as a folk remedy.
and parsley. For its preparation will need 2 parsley root
medium sized and 1 celery root. This juice is taken in the morning.
on an empty stomach, about half an hour before breakfast.
Despite the high prevalence, folk remedies do not
able to completely eradicate staphylococcal infection from
organism. These recipes will help support the body during
diseases, fill it with necessary vitamins and
microelements, as well as relieve inflammation from the affected areas
In order to prevent infection
it is necessary:
- monitor the hygiene of the child (baby skin care);
- wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating;
- treat wounds and skin lesions with antiseptic
- try as little as possible to be with the child in public
- exclude from ingestion dishes and pastries with
broken packaging or without it.
Для родителей очень важно помнить, что принимать
решение, чем лечить стафилококк должен только
doctor. Do not self-medicate even with mild
form of the disease, because further health and
жизнь вашего baby
More about infant health
- Diathesis in infants (symptoms, treatment, folk remedies for
- Chickenpox in infants: symptoms, treatment
- Pimples on the face of a newborn – the causes and how to get rid
- Prickly heat in newborns ─ how to distinguish, how to prevent and what