- When can
- Strawberry Reaction
- Strawberry Puree
Strawberries are called the Queen of Berries for a reason. Juicy and fragrant with excellent taste, both adults and children like it.
As much as ascorbic acid in it as in large orange, just eat 100 grams of fruit to meet the daily requirement of the body for vitamin C.
In terms of folic acid, it is ahead of grapes and raspberries. Berry perfectly strengthens the walls of blood vessels, the immune system, is an excellent cancer prevention!
Every mom hurries to the market in the summer, so as not to miss the season and feed your child. But is it worth giving a delicious berry baby, is it helpful?
Typically, raw berries are not given to children under two years of age. This applies to strawberries. She, like any plant product of bright color, is a strong allergen.
The berry provokes the release of histamine into the blood, a substance hypersensitivity provoking reaction. Main substances causing allergic reactions found in seeds on berry surface.
They try to supplement the children’s diet with strawberries not earlier than one of the year. But if the baby was diagnosed with food allergies, then the product it is contraindicated to three years! Some moms start strawberry lures at 6–7 months, but during this period the risk is too great that an allergy will occur due to weak body defenses. Watchful with berries you need to be and lactating women: enter it in their menu they should gradually, not before the child is 1–1.5 month.
Start with half a berry. The next day watching body reaction. If there are no signs of allergy, then the baby is given whole strawberries, gradually increasing the serving.
For the children’s menu, it is important to be able to choose a product. Here are a few rules:
- Buy a berry in season, at another time it contains a lot amount of hazardous chemicals – nitrates. Out of season allowed summer strawberry frozen.
- The most useful is considered strawberries, only plucked from the garden or stored no longer than 3-4 hours. It is forbidden to give ripe spoiled or lying fruits for a long time – poisoning is possible.
- Before use, each berry is thoroughly washed, cut with surface a thin layer with grains and remove leaflets. Give as dessert after the main meal.
- Strawberries after heat treatment (compotes, jams) are less likely to cause an allergy.
The fact that a child develops an allergy is indicated by such symptoms:
- Swelling of the oral mucosa;
- Reddened and watery eyes;
- Itching and peeling of the skin on the cheeks (the so-called diathesis);
- Runny nose or constant sneezing if there is no sign colds
- In severe allergies, the stool becomes liquid, appears vomiting, cramps;
- The most dangerous symptom is bronchospasm (air in the airways acts with difficulty or does not do at all).
As mentioned above, such complementary foods are introduced no earlier than in one year old. It is better to give it to others already familiar and proven products. Here is one of the recipes. fruit puree. For cooking you will need:
- Fresh strawberries – 10 pieces;
- Pear – 1 piece;
- Banana – 1 piece;
Wash strawberries, remove the stalk, cut into pieces. Pear and peel a banana, cut into slices. All fruits are mixed and crushed with a blender. Fruit puree is given fresh.
If the crumbs showed intolerance to strawberries – appeared one of the above symptoms, strawberries need to exclude from the diet for a while and try to give it for a month in two. Nursing mother also can’t eat this product, since allergens enter the body of a child with milk.
Only a doctor can determine the cause of the reaction. Therefore if there were any rashes or other abnormal manifestations, should contact the clinic. If a rash is confirmed due to the use of berries, in addition to diet, prescribe antihistamines (antiallergic) drugs, including ointments, creams, lotions, as well as sedative drugs that eliminate itching, vitamins. And you know how many months you can give juices babies.
How to cook healthy berry compotes for babies.
Find out here which components are included in the Frutonyan puree. severe allergies are prescribed glucocorticosteroids – synthetic analogues of hormones produced by adrenal glands. Effective baths with herbal infusions – oak bark, string, chamomile, celandine.
It is important for parents to remember: the doctor chooses the means of therapy. It is strictly forbidden to self-medicate – this leads to the tragic consequences. It is important to remember when to give strawberries baby.