- Step by step recipe
- Recipe for multicooker
- The benefits of homemade mashed potatoes
- The secrets of cooking zucchini
In summer, grandmother’s cottages, markets and shops get to our table Fresh and extremely healthy fruits and vegetables. And today we let’s talk about how to make nutritious and tasty mashed squash for your baby.
What is the use of this vegetable and why many mothers choose exactly the zucchini for the first feeding?
Step by step recipe
The easiest way is to buy ready-made mashed potatoes, the benefit is now in stores fairly high-quality children’s products. But what a pleasure when we cook a young zucchini for babies on their own!
The main thing is to do it in a good mood, then a treat it will turn out delicious and will benefit the child. How to make mashed potatoes from zucchini to babies?
- Choose a small zucchini and carefully rinse it in running water. We remove the bones and the core.
- Cut the zucchini into small cubes and put in a pan.
- Fill the pan with water so that the zucchini is completely flooded. Try to use only purified water (you can take special bottled water for children or purified water through the filter).
- Cook mashed potatoes for 10-15 minutes, checking the readiness of zucchini with a little fork.
- We drain the water and carefully grind the zucchini in a blender or with help mortar for potatoes.
- Do not add salt, sugar or any other spice. For adults, such a “fresh” taste may seem unattractive, but for the baby is quite suitable.
When the mashed potatoes have cooled a little, give the baby a half or a whole a teaspoon. It is advisable for the first time to treat the child to such a treat in the morning so that during the day you can observe the reaction of the child’s body to a new product. If all is well, we gradually increase portions.
Remember! Vegetable puree from zucchini for babies can not be stored in refrigerate and give the baby the day after cooking. Therefore, we always cook only in small portions. On one day.
Recipe for multicooker
You can also make mashed potatoes from zucchini for babies in slow cooker. This method is convenient for those mothers who have little free time. While the slow cooker will be making mashed potatoes for baby, you can do something else. We prepare components for mashed potatoes:
- Cut the peeled zucchini into small pieces. Also to him You can add small carrots and potatoes.
- Pour pure water or milk into the multicooker bowl.
- We set the “Steam cooking” mode and set the timer to 15-20 minutes.
- Grind the finished mashed potatoes in a blender and treat the baby useful by lunch.
In just a few minutes we did amazingly useful mashed potatoes for zucchini. The recipe for this dish is enough simple so you can cook this treat practically everyday.
The benefits of homemade mashed potatoes
Why did we choose zucchini for cooking? All simple – this vegetable is ideal for baby food.
It does not cause allergies. This is especially important for the baby, as children’s body reacts sharply to any “alien” products.
Zucchini is easy to digest, this product does not overload work the stomach and intestines. It contains many vitamins and trace elements.
Zucchini contains iron, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin C, magnesium, vitamins of group B. Such a rich combination of useful elements helps the baby grow healthy – strengthen immunity, normalize water balance, improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. And at the same time and mom and dad can adjust their nutrition by adding to daily diet of zucchini dishes.
The secrets of cooking zucchini
When we figured out how to make mashed potatoes from zucchini for babies, it’s time to learn some cooking secrets.
- Choose small, slightly unripe zucchini. They are considered the most delicious and juicy.
- If you want to make mashed squash for the winter for baby, you can pre-chop and freeze vegetables in the freezer. They will retain useful properties throughout the winter.
- So that the baby is easily accustomed to a new product in his diet, feed it puree before giving milk. If you treat the baby after a hearty milk dinner, he may refuse the unusual dishes. Together we prepare mashed pumpkin for babies. Find out here, how to make frozen cauliflower puree babies.
- In the finished dish, you can add a drop of olive or butter. Then it will become tastier. You can also add mashed potatoes, carrots or rub into already cooked mashed a small apple.
- When you make mashed potatoes for the baby, do not throw away the leftovers vegetables. From fresh zucchini you can make a wonderful face mask wrinkles and dryness.
- If for cooking you bought vegetables in the store, it is advisable pre-process them. Soak the zucchini in salted water for 1-2 hours. This will help remove toxins from vegetables.