- What is creatinine?
- What is a creatinine test done for?
- Creatinine Detection Methods
- How to pass a creatinine test?
- What are the standard creatinine values?
- Low creatinine: causes of decline and manifestation
- What negatively affects the results of the study?
- Creatinine Reduction Options
Creatinine, the norm in men by age (the table is presented in
article) which is different, is the final substance in
protein transformation. Its content in the body depends on
the amount of muscle volume. Determination of creatinine in biological
fluids (blood, urine) plays a significant role in the diagnosis
What is creatinine?
Substance occurs due to the decay of energy in various
organs Place of localization – the muscles. Then he gets into the current
blood through it – in the kidneys. Excretion occurs with urine.
Creatinine is a source of creatine (about 2 g per day).
The latter belongs to the nitrogen-containing structures and is necessary for
ATP energy production. In normal amounts, creatine does not harm:
it provides muscles with energy, accelerates their recovery. In other
In cases, the substance leads to renal dysfunction, weakens bone
The creatinine level is affected by several
- Weight category.
- The absence or presence of inflammatory processes.
Muscle mass, with rare exceptions, changes rapidly, and therefore
creatinine content is more or less stable.
to content ↑
What is a creatinine test done for?
The basis for the analysis of creatinine is
suspected kidney disease. To guard
The patient and the patient himself are capable of the following points:
- The weakness of muscle tissue, its loss.
- Difficult urination.
- The presence of failures in the endocrine system (dry mucous membranes,
increased hair growth).
- Progression of urogenital diseases.
Blood for research is collected from a finger or from a vein.
to content ↑
Creatinine Detection Methods
There are 3 ways to determine creatinine levels, each of
which is different in its informativeness.
- Blood biochemistry. Improved results suggest that
defeat pathological process of the kidneys. Lowered data says
in favor of muscular dystrophy.
- Clearance substance. The method is based on the speed of passage
blood through the kidneys. Such ratio is fixed: enzymes in urine
to blood volume. It is considered that the analysis most reliably reflects
picture of the patient’s health. Material for research – daily
- The ratio of 2 substances to each other: nitrogen to creatinine. Such
proportion helps to establish the degree of dehydration.
Article in topic: What should be the rate of red blood cells in men?
to content ↑
How to pass a creatinine test?
If blood tests are required for analysis, then the patient
- Take it in the morning. Before analysis is prohibited
- A couple of days before the diagnosis you need to remove the meat from the menu.
Before obtaining urine for analysis, it is recommended to carefully
wash the genitals without the use of hygiene products. One day before
studies need to take up to 2 liters of water.
Urine collection takes place within 24 hours. What urine is suitable
for analysis? We do not save a portion of morning urine for the analysis, all
we collect the subsequent in capacity. The last portion should be
urine received the next morning. It is imperative to keep collected
material in a dark and cool place so that it is not
Attention! The minimum concentration of creatinine in the urine
fixed in the morning, maximum – in the evening.
to content ↑
What are the standard creatinine values?
The amount of creatinine decreases as the person ages. Him
the content is directly dependent on the amount of muscle tissue. Last with
age is getting smaller. On the abundance or deficiency of creatinine
affects the state of the renal apparatus.
The values of creatinine in the stronger sex in the blood
according to age:
|Age (years)||Digital indicators (µmol / l)|
|From 18 to 60||Not less than 87, not more than 150|
|From 60 to 90||72 to 111|
|Over 90||From 61 to 114|
The ratio of N (nitrogen) to creatinine is reflected in such a digital
span: from 10: 1 to 20: 1. From 122 to 220 µmol / kg – these numbers
meet the creatinine norm, which should stand out along with
urine per day.
Clearance (speed of release of the body from
biological fluids) creatinine is presented below:
|Age (years)||Valid values for men (ml / min)|
|Up to 40||From 106 to 140|
|40-50||98 to 132|
|50-60||From 90 to 126|
|60 and older||82 to 118|
High creatinine: its causes and complications. It is important to know! When
kidney disease is developing rapidly, the creatinine content in
the bloodstream becomes longer, and his stay in the urine –
On the increase in creatinine in the bloodstream
affect both the physiological characteristics of the organism, and
Article in topic: Top 10 products that increase testosterone in men
Physiological causes (lifestyle, nutrition) that
contribute to the emergence of high creatinine:
- A sharp increase in muscle mass for competition (in
bodybuilders, weightlifters) using growth hormones either
- A high protein diet.
- The use of antibacterial agents.
- The use of anti-inflammatory drugs. To those
owned by “Nurofen”.
- Shock condition.
- Long hunger strike.
- Violated drinking mode (dehydration).
Elevated creatinine is found with such
- Kidney failure (acute and chronic
flow). Acute conditions are observed in nephritis, obstruction.
renal tubules, attachment of infectious agent. Chronic
the form is provoked by pyelonephritis, amyloidosis.
- Injuries to muscle tissue (its rupture, incision).
- Prolongation Syndrome.
- Radiation Disease.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Endocrine disorders (diseases of the thyroid gland with
production of its hormones).
- Heart failure.
Kidney problems, if not treated, can
end for the patient with the following complications:
- Regular discomfort in the lumbar region. With time
discomfort will grow into pain. It is expressed in
intense pains of whining character.
- Edematous phenomena.
- Persistent increase in blood pressure.
- Problem defecation. Urination may not be
either they become too frequent. In the latter case
the amount of urine released per day can reach 2 liters.
Important! Creatinine assay will not be used for early detection.
pathologies of the kidneys. An increase in performance is observed with lesions
significant part of the kidneys.
to content ↑
Low creatinine: causes of decline and manifestation
Пониженный toреатинин редtoо выявляется при исследованиях. is he
хараtoтерен для людей с проблемным метаболизмом, в частности – с
обменом белtoов. Причинами сниженных поtoазателей
- Атрофия мышечной тtoани у лежачих больных.
- Диета с отсутствием в ней белtoовых продуtoтов.
- Liver disease.
- Злоtoачественные опухоли.
Пациенты ощущают слабость в мышцах, частые головоtoружения. Have them
decreased performance and memory.
to content ↑
What negatively affects the results of the study?
Недостоверные результаты получают, если забор toрови был выполнен
неправильно (toровь была взята слишtoом быстро тоненьtoой иглой).
Исtoажение итогов анализа случается toогда:
- The patient is dominated by muscle mass. Results will have
завышены, однаtoо проблемы с почtoами не будет.
- Наtoануне диагностиtoи проводился прием леtoарств («Цефазолина»,
The analysis is carried out taking into account the individual characteristics of the organism.