Neurodermatitis is a chronic neurogenic skin disease.
of nature, occurring according to the type of allergy and manifested by rashes and
severe itching. The disease affects at any age, but never
develops immediately after birth. Incidence is higher in
women than men.
For more information about what this disease is, what
causes and first symptoms in adults, and that doctors
prescribed as a treatment for the rapid recovery of skin
What is atopic dermatitis?
Neurodermatitis is a chronic skin disease.
neurogenic-allergic type, occurring with periods of remission and
Neurodermatitis in adults is most often the result of pediatric
eczema, developing on the background of exudative diathesis. At the base
diseases lie allergic reactions and negative effects
environmental factors. The disease is different seasonal
nature of the flow, in the winter time there are aggravations, in the summer
– full or partial remission of the disease.
Neurodermatitis is characterized by true polymorphism of lesions.
(more than two types of rash at the same time, for example, vesicles and papules),
unlike false polymorphism, when on the skin at the same time
there is a primary element of the rash (eg, vesicles) and its
On the nature of the rash affect:
- type of immune response.
3 degrees of severity:
- Easy – exacerbations are rare and short-term, foci have
limited localized, itching slight, good
effect of therapy.
- Medium – 3 – 4 exacerbations during the year, which, by
compared to a mild course, longer, foci are worn
common, the results of therapy are not enough
or not always.
- Severe – exacerbations frequent and prolonged, skin lesions
covers widespread or diffuse, intense itching, sometimes
unbearable, the results of treatment are insignificant.
Depending on the prevalence of lesions of the skin
The following forms of neurodermatitis are distinguished:
- ограниченную (лишай Видаля) — захватывает отдельные
- диссеминированную — объединяет несколько очагов
- диффузную – разлитое поражение кожных covers.
A number of authors identify with atopic dermatitis
diffuse atopic dermatitis.
|Hypertrophic||the manifestation is tumorous, the area of concentration –
|Psoriasiform||manifested in the head and neck, has the appearance of covered with small
scales compacted red foci.
|Linear||Linear нейродермит – характеризуется появлением в областях
bend the limbs of itchy streaks.
|Dekalviruyuschy||manifested in the area of the hairy areas on the body during their subsequent
loss in these zones.
|Follicular||characterized by the formation of pointed papules in the area
Common causes of neurodermatitis
- ослабление immunity;
- intoxication of the body;
- inflammatory processes;
- metabolic disease;
- gastrointestinal tract diseases;
- hereditary predisposition;
- mental or physical exhaustion;
- poor nutrition and disruption of the day;
- neuropsychological disorders, neurosis, stress,
Also the causes of neurodermatitis are external environmental factors,
which cause allergic reactions:
- Pet hair;
- Food aquarium fish (dry mix);
- A feather filler of mattresses, pillows, blankets;
- Some cosmetics and perfumes;
- Pollen flowers;
- Food (nuts, citrus, honey, etc., as well as
dyes and preservatives in food);
Neurodermatitis не относится к заразным заболеваниям. Often его
The primary cause is a genetic predisposition to
allergies. The disease can react to the human body
any irritant – from pet hair to a loved one
Симптомы нейродермита + фото
The first signs of neurodermatitis include such primary
morphological elements like:
- epidermal dermal papules that are of normal color,
intrinsic to the skin. These papules in certain places with each other
merge, forming thereby zones of papular infiltration
- In these areas, the skin is dry, has a significant amount
excoriations, as well as small scales.
- As a result of infiltration, often in the areas of skin folds
Neurodermatitis на шее
Localization of foci – different areas of the body, but mainly
- scalp (occipital region),
- back and side of the neck,
- on the hands – elbow bend zone,
- in the area of the inguinal-femoral fold,
- crotch – interyagodic folds of the anogenital zone and
- and also on the legs in the area of the inner thighs and
Differential diagnosis is carried out with:
- flat red lichen;
- mushroom mycosis.
On the face
Neurodermatitis на лице often becomes solid,
thereby acquiring the character of the secondary form of erythroderma.
Often marked infection foci with subsequent development
lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), lymphangitis. Often
the disease is combined with diseases of the allergic type
(urticaria, pollinosis, asthma).
Neurodermatitis on the hands
Neurodermatitis on the hands проявляется severe itching. More often
Neurodermatitis is prone to the elbow and forearm area. the washing up
affected areas are painful, use of shower gels and
moisturizer only worsens the course of the disease.
- On the skin there are numerous scales that turn into
- Crusts disappear, wounds remain under them, after this process
The main symptom of the acute stage of the disease is:
- unbearable itching that is worse at night. Other
signs appear later.
- At first, the rash is reminiscent of red spots, papules and plaques,
prone to merge.
- Because of scratching, the body is affected by a secondary infection, which
turns elements into pustules – bubbles with content.
- Skin tissues swell and appear puffy.
With limited neurodermatitis, skin lesions are usually
- local itchy plaques of no more than a hand in
areas of the back or side of the neck, inguinal-femoral
folds, scrotum, labia, interdigital fold.
- Modified skin areas are lichenification zones,
surrounded by disseminated papules on the periphery.
- In the late period of neurodermatitis at the edges of the lesions is formed
hyperpigmentation, against which, in places combing, can
to form secondary leucoderma – areas of discolored
Symptoms of diffuse form:
- Одно из самых пагубных заболеваний skin. Besides the fact that
affects many parts of the body, and affects the face.
- Rashes are observed on the eyelids and lips. They can also
manifest on the inner sides of the elbows and knees
Relief in these conditions is achieved by
ultrasound sessions and physiotherapy.
Patients may experience the following symptoms:
- быстрая утоmlяемость;
- lethargy and apathy;
- excessive emotionality;
- sleep disorders.
In some cases, atopic dermatitis in adults can cause
development of lymphadenitis (inflammation of the lymph nodes), and this, in its
queue, leads to deterioration of the work of many organs. Usually,
recurrences of the disease occur in the cold season, and in the summer
period, on the contrary, patients show significant improvements in
Persons with lesions are subject to the greatest suffering.
localized on the hands. This is due to the fact that the hands most
affected by moisture and mechanical stress, aggravating
course of the pathological process.
A universal treatment system that can fully
to save a person from this disease does not exist today.
Therapeutic methods prescribed by the doctor depend on the reasons
the degree of manifestation of the disease, the individual characteristics of the patient,
the presence of complications. How to treat atopic dermatitis?
The main directions in the treatment are:
- regulation of the day, physical exertion;
- diet food;
- taking medications (including external);
- The first step in the treatment of neurodermatitis is to stop contact with
specific allergen (if already known) and with all
non-specific antigens that contribute to exacerbation
- The second step is basic therapy in the period of remission (period
absence of symptoms) which is to use
emollients and moisturizers (bepanten, emolients, actovegin and
- The third step is the selection of drugs for outdoor (local) and
общей терапии в зависимости от фазы neurodermatitis.
In the treatment of neurodermatitis it is shown to use antihistamines.
2nd and 3rd generation drugs. They do not have a pronounced
sedative and hypnotic action. Reception frequency – only 1 time per
At the physician’s choice, the following drugs are prescribed:
Glucocorticosteroids are prescribed for severe disease,
which is accompanied by angioedema, urticaria, severe itching.
Drugs of choice – Prednisolone, Triamcinolone, Dexamethasone,
In addition to tablets of corticosteroids, it is shown
use of ointments and moisturizers. Ointment applied 1 time
day. Long-term use of these drugs reduces
natural production of adrenal hormones, so the means
use courses with interruptions.
Before using hormonal ointments, be sure to
consult a doctor because they have contraindications and
side effects for the body.
Non-hormonal ointments for neurodermatitis in adults contribute to
reduce the power of symptoms. These remedies relieve itching,
softens the skin, dries pimples, have
anti-inflammatory effect. Popular non-hormonal
- Naftaderm – medicine eliminates inflammation, reduces itching,
heals the skin.
- Radevit – starts the process of tissue regeneration, contains
- Gistan – used to relieve itching and prevention
neurodermatitis and atopic dermatitis in adults.
- Desitin – contains zinc oxide, which has
anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
For topical treatment of neurodermatitis in dermatological practice
various lotions are used (boric, resorcinol, tannin),
as well as pasta with tar, ichthiol, naphthalan, etc.
In severe cases, the affected skin areas are superimposed.
non-halogenated corticosteroid ointment
actions that do not cause atrophy and thinning of the skin
These drugs have a minimum of side effects, and therefore their
allowed to use even in the treatment of young children.
With the complication of neurodermatitis bacterial / viral infection
Adult patients are prescribed antibacterial ointment:
Patients with neurodermatitis correct enzyme deficiency,
treat diseases of the digestive tract and biliary tract. Eliminate
putrid processes in the intestines and bring microflora back to normal
- For this prescribe enzyme preparations: Pancreatin; oraz;
pankurmen; abomin; panzinorm; festal.
- For the treatment of dysbiosis used: bifokol; bifidumbacterin;
colibacterin. To clean the intestines used slag diet.
In the course of the treatment of neurodermatitis use vitamins A, B and PP�
For periods of exacerbation, they also recommend correction.
dysbacteriosis and start taking a course of enterosorbents (Enterosgel,
�”Polyepan”). Sorbents are used on an ongoing basis.
impractical because they lead to the removal from the intestine is not
only allergens, but also vitamins that are reimbursed
difficult due to food restrictions and intolerance to synthetic
An important component of successful therapy for neurodermatitis is
- phototherapy (UV), phototherapy method, salt or coniferous
baths Procedures are prescribed after remitting the exacerbation, the course of treatment
consists of 10-15 sessions.
- In nervous system disorders, sessions give a good effect.
electrosleep and suggestive therapy.
- Patients with atopic dermatitis have a positive effect
Spa treatment on the coast of the Black and Dead Sea,
it helps to consolidate a positive result and allows
achieve long-term remission.
- With a limited form of neurodermatitis, a patient is prescribed.
electrophoresis procedures, darsonvalization, therapeutic wrapping
Diet for neurodermatitis
Most often the disease occurs on the background of allergies or disorders
work of the gastrointestinal tract, therefore, a diet for patients with neurodermatitis –
This is a prerequisite for successful treatment.
It is necessary to increase the consumption of such substances:
- green and white vegetables and fruits (cabbage, zucchini,
Squash, asparagus beans, green peas, green apples,
pears, plums, gooseberries, white currants);
- parsley, lettuce and dill;
- vegetable fat;
- non-sharp cheeses;
- products containing yeast;
- cereals and pasta;
- galetny cookies and sushka;
- cottage cheese;
- vegetable and milk soups;
- fermented milk drinks;
- compote from dried fruits;
- dogrose broth;
- green tea;
- mineral water.
Nutrition for neurodermatitis should be balanced and
contain all the necessary body substances. But at the same time
It is necessary to exclude from the diet foods that can serve
allergens and cause exacerbation of the disease.
- Vegetables and fruits are red, orange or yellow
(apricots, peaches, citrus, pomegranate, persimmon, strawberry, tomato,
carrot, pumpkin, beet).
- Spinach, asparagus, sorrel and rhubarb.
- Sugar, sweets and honey.
- Salty, spicy dishes and smoked meats.
- Eggs, fish and fresh milk.
- White bread.
- Soy, lentils.
- Chocolate, sweets.
- Potato chips, french fries, fast food.
- Rich broth, semi-finished products.
- Spices and spices (horseradish, vinegar, mustard, pepper, onion,
- Nuts and peanut butter.
- Black and red grapes.
- Coffee, cocoa, black tea.
- Carbonated drinks.
- Products with preservatives, dyes, thickeners and other
- Alcoholic beverages (beer, wine, champagne)
Rules of diet for neurodermatitis:
- If neurodermatitis develops on the background of obesity, then it is necessary
parallel to the fight against obesity: arrange unloading
days, limit your caloric intake to 2000 Kcal per
- The menu should have a lot of vegetables and fruits, rich in vitamins and
fiber, because they improve digestion and clean the intestines;
- It is desirable to limit the consumption of fish, because some of its
species can trigger allergies. Meat can only eat lean
varieties and in combination with greens;
- In the diet it is allowed to introduce also low-fat cheeses, fermented milk
drinks, vegetable oils, teas, cereals and berries.
Before using folk methods for neurodermatitis, be sure to
consult a dermatologist. Because there are contraindications
- Tincture of burdock root 1 tablespoon of burdock root 200 ml
water Grind burdock root. Нагрейте 200 ml воды и забросьте
there burdock. Boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and
wrap in warm fabric. Insist on for 2 hours. Received
drink tincture three times a day for a tablespoon.
- Tincture of oak bark leaves, birch leaves, nettle,
flaxseed, mint, coriander and wormwood are applied using
bandage on the affected areas, stand up to complete drying,
then replace the compress. Such gadgets are especially effective for
treatment of neurodermatitis on the hands. Repeat the procedure until
symptoms do not begin to disappear;
- Herbal lotions. To relieve inflammation, infusions prepare
strong. On 1 liter of boiled water put 15 tablespoons of dried herbs. Their
pour boiling water and insist about 10 hours. For cooking
such a tool needs the following plants: chamomile, mint, root
Althea, series, juniper, thyme, oregano, St. John’s wort.
- Compress from clay: 20 g of blue clay, 20 g of sea salt, water
Stir the clay with sea salt, add water. Blend by
The consistency should resemble sour cream. Put clay on
Keep lesions until dry. Rinse with warm water. This
A compress should be done daily for two weeks.
- Take hop cones and leaves of a train (1: 1). Pour over 2 tsp.
смеси 200 ml кипятка. Defend and drink before bedtime for one
Limited neurodermatitis has an easier course than
diffuse form. Persistent itching and cosmetic defects cause
fixation of patients in their condition leading to secondary
mental stratifications, worsen the quality of life, limit
However, with age (by about 25-30 years), many
patients even with diffuse neurodermatitis may experience regression
symptoms to focal manifestations or even spontaneous
To prevent illness, use the following
- make a healthy menu, eliminating allergens;
- choose clothes made from natural fabrics
- exercise, exercise;
- With neurodermatitis, it is important for adults to monitor their condition.
- исключите частые стрессы и переутоmlение;
- Do not use cosmetics with aggressive ingredients when