Update: October 2018
Miramistin – a drug from the group of cationic antiseptics,
anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and local
immunoadjuvant action. Antiseptic has a destructive
effects on various pathogens – viruses,
protozoa, fungi and bacteria: the drug destroys the outer shell
microorganisms and thus leads to their death. Local
immunostimulating effect is associated with the activation of phagocytic cells
(macrophages and phagocytes).
The instructions for use Miramistin indicated that this
antiseptic intended for local, outdoor use.
Miramistin’s broad spectrum of action against aerobic and anaerobic
bacteria, including nosocomial bacterial strains with
antimicrobial resistance and pathogens
genital infections, explains the widespread use of the drug.
Use of Miramistin for prophylactic purposes is prescribed when
burns, wounds to prevent them from becoming infected and speeding up
regeneration. It is noteworthy that the drug does not damage the granulation and
Living skin cells do not cause allergies and irritation.
Farmgroup: Antiseptic for local and external use.
Composition, physico-chemical properties, price
Dosage form – a solution of 0.01%, clear, colorless,
Foams with shaking. Available in 50, 150 or 500 ml,
packed in a polyethylene bottle with a urological applicator (50
ml) or spray nozzle (Miramistin Spray) (150 ml).
|solution / spray||ointment|
|Current basis:||Composition (per 1 l of solution):
benzyldimethyl myristoylamino propylammonium chloride monohydrate, 100
Также выпускается мягкая лекарственная форма: Мирамистин ointment, в
1 g of ointment – 5 mg of miramistin;
|Auxiliary substance:||purified water to a volume of 1 l.||propylene glycol, disodium edetate, macrogol 400, 1500 and 6000,
Proxanol 268, purified water.
Available in banks of 1000 grams or in tubes of 15 and 30 grams.
Price: 80-100 руб. Produced in Ukraine, in Russian
The drug has a pronounced disastrous effect in
- Gram-negative (Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Klebsiella spp. etc.) and gram-positive (Staphylococcus spp.,
pneumoniae, Streptococcus spp. and others) organisms;
- nosocomial bacterial strains;
- fungi of the genus Penicillium, Aspergillus, yeast (Torulopsis
gabrata, Rhodotorula rubra, etc.) and yeast-like (Candida krusei,
albicans, tropicalis, etc.), dermatophytes (Trichophyton
mentagrophytes, verrucosum, schoenleini, violacent, etc.);
- drug-resistant fungi
- viruses, including the causative agent of herpes, immunodeficiency
- STI pathogens (Treponema spp., Chlamydia spp., Neisseria
gonorrhoeae, Trichomonas vaginalis, etc.);
Miramistin has a number of positive effects:
- Prevents infection of burn surfaces and wounds;
- Accelerates tissue regeneration;
- Stimulates local protection by activating digestive and
phagocyte absorption function;
- Potentiates monocyte-macrophage system;
- It is characterized by hyperosmolar activity, stopping
perifocal and wound inflammation;
- Promotes absorption of purulent exudate, thereby accelerating
dry scab formation;
- Does not destroy the marginal epithelization of the wound surfaces.
Not absorbed through the wound surface, skin and mucous membranes during
In surgical and trauma practice:
- therapy of purulent wounds and prevention of suppuration;
- treatment of purulent-inflammatory pathologies of the musculoskeletal
In gynecological and obstetric practice:
- prevention and therapy of suppurative postpartum trauma, wound
surfaces in the vagina and perineum;
- treatment and prevention of female inflammatory processes
sexual sphere, such as endometritis, vulvovaginitis.
- treatment of burns 2 and 3A degree (deep and superficial);
- preparation of burn surfaces for dermatoplasty;
In dermatology and venereology:
- treatment and prevention of dermatomycosis, pyoderma and candidiasis
skin, mucous and mycosis of feet;
- individual prevention of STIs (syphilis, chlamydia,
gonorrhea, genital herpes, etc.);
- complex therapy of urethroprostatitis and urethritis in acute and
chronic course with specific and non-specific
Application in dentistry:
- prevention and treatment of infectious and inflammatory pathologies
oral cavity: gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontitis,
- treatment of removable dentures.
- complex therapy of otitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, laryngitis
(acute and chronic);
- complex therapy of acute pharyngitis or exacerbations of XP.
tonsillitis in children 3-14 years.
Use in surgery:
- therapy of infected wound surfaces in wound phase 1
process (decubitus, fistula, purulent foci, trophic ulcers);
- prevention of re-infection of healing wounds in 2
Application in combustiology:
- Therapy of burns 2-3A degrees, both superficial and
deep as well as frostbite;
- in the period of preparation of burn surfaces for skin
Application in dermatology:
- Therapy of streptocic and staphylodermia, mucous candidosis and
skin, mycoses of large skin folds and feet, keratomycosis and
For preventive purposes:
- prevention of infection with minor injuries.
It is impossible to apply Miramistin in the form of a solution with increased
sensitivity. Not used to treat children under 3
Ointment также не применяется при повышенной чувствительности к
constituents. Children under one year and in general in pediatric practice
ointment не применяется.
Data on the use of Miramistin in the period of breastfeeding
are absent, while a solution may be prescribed during pregnancy
Application in traumatology, combustiology, surgery with
prophylactic and therapeutic purpose: irrigate the surface
burns, wounds, tamponing of fistula and wounds (not tight), fix
sterile tampons soaked in solution. The multiplicity of procedures – 2-3
times during the day, about 3-5 days in a row. For drainage
cavities and wounds daily consumption of the drug is 1000 ml.
Use in gynecology, obstetrics for the purpose of prevention
postpartum infections: irrigate the vagina 5-7 days before
delivery in labor after each vaginal examination and in
the postpartum period: 50 ml per 1 tampon, 2 h, 5 days exposure
At delivery by caesarean section process
vagina before surgery. During the intervention – process
uterine cavity and incision. After surgery, swabs are inserted into the vagina,
soaked with Miramistin for 2 hours for 7 days.
Treatment of diseases of the inflammatory nature of the course, 2
of the week. Apply vaginal swabs and drug
To prevent sexually transmitted infections, you must use
Miramistin no later than 2 hours after intercourse. Bottle Contents
gently injected into the urethra with an exposure of 2-3 minutes: men 2-3 ml,
women 1-2 ml + 5-10 ml in the vagina. After the introduction of the solution
preferably not to urinate for 2 hours
conduct external genital hygiene, as well as treat
Miramistin skin of the inner thighs, the pubic area and
Combined therapy of urethritis and urethroprostatitis: 2-3 ml
the drug is injected into the urethra at intervals of 1-2 times per day.
Course 10 days.
Application in otolaryngology. In the treatment of purulent sinusitis with
puncture of the maxillary sinus – washing the cavity sufficiently
the amount of the drug (to clean water).
For throat: treatment of tonsillitis, laryngitis and pharyngitis.
Rinse or irrigate with a special
spray nozzles: 2-3 clicks on 1 procedure (approximately 10-15
ml), 3-4 times a day.
Use in dentistry – treatment of periodontitis, gingivitis,
stomatitis. Rinsing the oral cavity with the drug in the amount of 10-15 ml
3-4 times a day.
For the treatment of acute pharyngitis or exacerbation of chronic
tonsillitis – pharynx irrigation using a spray nozzle:
- children 3-6 years old: a single press with multiplicity 3-4 times a day
(3-5 ml per procedure);
- children 7-14 years old: double pressing with multiplicity 3-4 times a day
(5-7 ml per procedure);
- children from 14 years: three or four times pressing 3-4 times a
day (10-15 ml per procedure).
Duration of application is from 4 to 10 days.
Ointment наносят на предварительно обработанную антисептиком
surface, top dressing or dressing applied.
Тампонами, пропитанными ointmentю, заполняют свищи и полости гнойных
In phase 1 of the wound process – once a day, in phase 2
once within 1-3 days. The course of treatment is determined by the speed
cleansing purulent wounds and tissue regeneration.
В дерматологической практике – ointment наносят на пораженные
plots with a thin layer several times a day. Can be impregnated
sterile dressing and apply on damage (1-2 times per day).
Применяют до 6 недель contract.
Rules of use of Miramistin
The drug is completely ready for use.
Using a spray bottle:
- remove the cap;
- remove the nozzle from the package and attach it to the vial;
- activate the sprayer by pressing it 2 times.
In some cases, there may be a burning sensation at the site of application.
solution that disappears after 15-20 seconds. Development is possible
local allergic reactions.
Soap solutions inactivate the action of the ointment.
No data available.
In combination with antibiotics, their enhancement is noted.
Analogues of the composition of the drug does not exist. Conditional analog
pharmacological action and indications can be considered
Chlorhexidine, however, Miramistin is more modern
has a wider spectrum of action and a smaller
number of contraindications.
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог