Update: October 2018 The Melilot officinalis, also known as
buckwheat wild, yellow clover, bottom grass, Italian grass –
herb from the family of legumes, biennial. It has
pronounced coumarin odor that seems to smell like freshly mown hay.
The main area of growth – Continental Europe, Asia
(Small, Medium, Central), Caucasus. It is found in the British
islands, in New Zealand, America (North and South). In Russia
grows almost everywhere: prefers wasteland, deposits, meadows,
career, growing along the roads. It often forms thickets with
white clover – related plant with a similar morphology.
Cultivated in many countries.
It is a feed crop. Used as a fertilizer. AT
food industry is used as a natural flavor (in
dairy, meat, fish industry, by production
soft drinks and alcoholic beverages).
Refers to medicinal plants. Let’s talk about useful
properties and contraindications clover more subject.
Plants clover white and yellow: what is the difference
In fact, the species of the plant is much larger
but white and yellow are the most famous. Officially recognized
the medicinal plant is a yellow clover, white is not less
often present in traditional medicine recipes with similar
indications, and, like yellow, is considered very productive
The stem is erect, branched, 1-1.5 m high.
The leaves have 3 lanceolate leaves, serrated along the edge. At the base
long stem there are styloid stipules that in
several times smaller than leaflets, have solid or jagged edges.
The middle leaf is located on a longer scape than
Drooping flowers collected in long, narrow apical and axillary
loose brushes, have small size and yellow color, are located on
short pedicels. ATенчик мотыльковый, а чашечка пятизубчатая. AT
the flower has 10 stamens, 9 of them are spliced by threads 2⁄3, and 1
– free. Flowering occurs in June — September and continues
more than a month: medicinal clover blooms a couple of days earlier
Grains – small beans, bare, brown, with transverse folds or
veins, contain clover seeds – one, rarely two, above
dull, with styloid spout, located on the short
stalk. Maturation begins in August.
Collecting and harvesting
You need to collect the plant during the period of active flowering, from July to
October, better in dry weather, because wet plants are bad
dry, can rot and rot during the drying process.
For medicinal purposes, collect side shoots with tops,
spread the raw material on a fabric or paper base and dried on
attics, in rooms with good airing. AT период сушки
the raw material must be turned over so that it does not block and become black.
Readiness is judged by the fragility of the stalks with a characteristic
If you need roots – they are dug in the fall or early spring,
washed in running water, dried in a dryer.
Dry raw materials can be used for 2 years.
The main therapeutic properties associated with the presence of coumarin –
camphoric aromatic substance that is formed from
glycosides that can improve memory, attention, stop
convulsions, eliminate anxiety and depression, improve
blood circulation in the brain and abdomen, increase strength
contractions of the heart muscle. In addition, the plant found:
- vitamin C. Antioxidant, immunostimulant and regulator
- витамин AT4. Promotes normal liver function;
- saponins. Liquefy sputum and improve its excretion, have
sedative, anti-sclerotic, diuretic action;
- carotene. Participates in antioxidant protection;
- tocopherol. Provides antioxidant, anti-aging
- Dicumarol Thins the blood and prevents education
- protein. It is a catalyst for some chemical reactions in
- fiber (up to 25%). Promotes the removal of products
- tannins. Have anti-inflammatory,
bactericidal, astringent properties;
- tsimarin. Cardiac glycoside;
- resin. Characterized by wound healing and
- flavonoids. Helps eliminate free radicals and
- minerals. Participate in metabolism;
- essential oil (about 0.01%). Butter-like, fast
evaporating substance. Provides analgesic, antiseptic,
- sugars, mucus, fat-like substances (about 4.3%).
Many substances are produced in therapeutic concentrations only.
after cutting and drying the raw material, therefore, dry grass is more
effective than fresh.
Useful properties of clover
Due to the presence of coumarin plant preparations:
- calm the central nervous system;
- relieve convulsions;
- reduce blood pressure;
- increase the contractile function of the myocardium and the minute volume
- improve blood supply to the myocardium, brain, bodies
- reduce puffiness;
- Stop the inflammatory process.
The active substances found in grass are biogenic.
stimulants. AT экспериментах на подопытных крысах было
found that the use of an aqueous extract of a clover allows
prolong animal life after the introduction of high doses of strychnine. Also
against the background of the treatment with sweet clover, experimental rodents showed an increase
the number of leukocytes in the blood (more due to granulocytes and less
– at the expense of lymphocytes) with an increase in their phagocytic activity.
Clover preparations have healing properties:
Indications for use
AT медицине донник лекарственный используется при широком перечне
- CNS: convulsions, hysteria, migraine, headache, increased
nervous irritability, neurasthenia, melancholy, insomnia;
- ССС: vascular thrombosis, ischemic heart disease, cardiospasm, hypertensive
disease, angina, thrombophlebitis, atherosclerosis, violation
cerebral and peripheral circulation, varicose
- Дыхательная система: простудные заболевания, ОРATИ, длительный,
agonizing cough, chronic bronchitis (as expectorant
- Gastrointestinal tract: gastritis, intestinal pain, pancreatitis, flatulence;
- Urogenital: bladder pain, cystitis;
- Immune system: prolonged inflammatory processes in
body, reduced immunity, condition after severe
- Endocrine system: metabolic disorders, especially metabolism
fat, thyroid dysfunction;
- Female sphere: menstrual disorders, painful and
heavy menstruation, heavy menopause, lactation disturbance,
adnexitis, reduced libido, infertility;
- Men’s sphere: dropsy, prostate adenoma;
- Connective tissue pathology: rheumatism;
- Diseases of the joints: arthrosis, arthritis.
Grass clover is used to produce a green patch.
(corn and blister), effective in skin diseases,
accompanied by inflammatory and purulent processes.
Ointments, decoctions and tinctures on the basis of flowers of clover have
distracting, annoying, cleansing, anti-inflammatory and
emollient effect and effectively used in outdoor
- furunculosis, purulent wounds;
- otitis media;
- rheumatic fever;
- malignant tumors;
- hemorrhoids and anal fissures.
Used in the form of lotions, compresses, washings, poultices,
added to healing baths and baths: reducing pains and
providing anti-inflammatory effect in rheumatism, gout,
ovarian disease in women.
Chinese healers use the plant to treat
Young green herbs are used for culinary purposes, while
preparing salads, okroshkas, soups, and in dried form – as
spice for salads, soups, drinks.
Honey obtained from clover nectar helps in the treatment of mastitis,
diseases of the respiratory system, facilitates the condition of arthritis and
- Melilot officinalis Dry vegetable raw materials with a wide
range of use for the preparation of various dosage forms.
Treats group of drugs with anti-inflammatory
- ATходит в состав Кардиофита – комбинированного кардиологического
drug prescribed for functional cardiovascular
disorders. It has a mild hypotensive, cardiotonic and
- ATходит в состав серии средств для поддержания сосудов ног –
ATенокорсет производства «Эвалар» (капсулы, гель, дренаж).
In addition, the plant is part of a variety of herbal
Folk recipes with sweet clover
- ATодный настой. 2 tbsp. raw materials mixed with 200 ml of boiling water, 5-6 hours.
insist, filter. Take for insomnia, hypertensive
diseases, headache, bronchitis, nervous disorders,
painful and heavy menstruation 100 ml three times a day. Also
the agent increases the number of leukocytes in the blood of patients with
Compress from infusion is recommended when cracks appear on
nipples in lactating women, as well as the development of the first symptoms
- Universal decoction. ATзять 10 gr. herbs on a slow fire
boil in 200 ml of water for 30 minutes, strain, drink 1 tbsp. l thrice
per day for diseases that are listed in the testimony.
Especially helps with colds, diseases
respiratory tract. Can be used together with donnikovym
- Extract. ATзять 50 gr. fresh grass and pour half a liter of vodka,
insist 14 days in the dark. Take with water, 10-15 drops,
before eating with menopause, hormonal disorders, severe
migraine, from insomnia (before dinner).
– 2 tbsp. dried flowers to grind into fine dust
powder. Mix with petroleum jelly (50 gr.). The resulting ointment
handle cuts, wounds, boils, carbuncles, pimples on the face
(dotted) area of the inflamed joints several times a day.
– 50 gr. свежих flowers, перетертых в кашицу, смешать с 3 ст.l
butter. Well helps with boils (contributes to their
early maturation) and quickly relieves inflammation in diseases
- Infusion for douching in inflammatory gynecological
diseases. ATзять 1 стакан кипятка и смешать с 1 ст.l herbs,
Insist 1 hour and filter. You can do douching,
soak them with sterile tampons, add to the baths.
- Green patch. ATзять 12 gr. yellow wax, melt, introduce
22 gr. канифоли и 1 ст.l low-temperature trap from goat,
гусиного или барсучьего животного жира, туда же добавить 1 ч.l
powder of grass clover. Warm up with a small flame for 5 minutes.
stirring often, strain into a jar and apply the composition in a warm form.
on the inflamed place for 20-30 minutes Effective with osteomyelitis,
boils, ulcers, boils (used for speedy
- Help with joint pain. Steam fresh sweet clover and
put in a tissue pouch, attach to the sore joint for 15-20
min Repeat for 10 days.
- Infusion to stimulate lactation. 2 ч.l dry sweet clove pour
1/2 cup boiling water, 4 hours insist. Divide the drug by 3
reception, drink half an hour before meals.
- Anesthetic Infusion. A pinch of dry grass chop, brew
one and a half cups of boiling water and insist in the dark for 2-3 hours, drain.
Принимать для снятия болей любой локализации по 1/3 стакана thrice
- Tea. For его приготовления взять 30 gr. flowers of clover, pour
liter of boiling water and insist in a thermos for about 1 hour. Drink small
in portions, with honey, during the day with a strong cough, and also in
as a sedative that removes anxiety and
depression, and as mild sleeping pills for the night. Another area
use in women and men – increased sexual desire. AT
antiquities said that the tributary is an amorous supporter of affairs. To name
aphrodisiac plant is impossible, but with regular use of the effect
- Decoction for the treatment of headaches, migraines, insomnia, nerve
disorders ATзять 1 ст.l herb (crushed), pour 200 ml
boiling water, soak in a water bath for half an hour, cool and strain.
Drink 1 tbsp. l перед едой, thrice в день.
- Broth with thrombosis. Prepared on the basis of the roots of white clover.
ATзять 1 ст.l roots (well chopped) and brew 1 cup
boiling water, put in a water bath for 20 minutes, drain. Drink 1
ст.l до еды thrice в день.
- Tincture for the treatment of infertility and hormonal disorders.
200 gr. dry crushed herbs pour 400 ml of vodka or
medical alcohol, put the jar in a dry and cool place on
14 days, shake occasionally, then strain. Take 4
20 drops a day, washed down with warm water.
- Broth with the pathologies of the female genital sphere. ATзять в равных
количествах траву золототысячника, донника и coltsfoot,
mix, pinch collection pour 200 ml boiling water, 3 hours insist.
Take 60-70 ml after 2 h, the course – 30 days.
- Gruel for the treatment of pancreatitis. ATзять в равных частях: донник,
plantain, thyme, calendula flowers, medicinal chamomile,
болотный аир, ясенник, сушеницу, все перемешать, отвесить 60 gr.
raw materials and pour half a liter of boiling water. Capacity set at 2 hours per
warm place, strain and squeeze. Kashitsu impose on the zone
projections of the pancreas, covered with parchment paper and
cotton cloth. Leave a compress for 1 hour, repeat
every day for 14 days.
- Broth for hypertension. ATзять 30 gr. dry grass clover pour
300 ml of boiling water, insist 3 hours, squeeze and drink half a glass of 4
p / day.
- Remedy for flatulence. ATзять 20 gr. dry roots, pour 300
ml of boiled water, boil and stir over low heat for 15 minutes,
to filter. Принимать 3 раза в сутки по 1 ч.l
- Hemorrhoid treatment. ATзять 1 десертную ложку травы донника, 5 gr.
горца, 10 gr. Carnations magnificent and the same carnations multi-colored.
ATсе компоненты измельчить в кофемолке, взять 20 gr. received
powder, mix with goose or pork fat and evaporate to
Steam bath for 3-4 hours. Apply to inflamed hemorrhoidal
bumps for the night. In parallel, in the afternoon, you can do sit-baths with
infusion of plants. Such procedures relieve pain and
severe itching in the area of knots, accelerates the healing of cracks.
- Poultice for external treatment. With furunculosis and abscesses
skin fresh ground leaves of the plant are applied directly to
Inflamed area and put a piece of clean bandage on top. For
Treatment of boils can make hot poultices: 1 cup of dry grass
pour 1l of hot water, insist half an hour in the heat and apply to
sore spot by wrapping the grass in a bandage.
- A remedy for migraine. ATзять по 1 десертной ложке донника и шишек
хмеля, залить 200 мл кипятка, проварить лекарство 5 min, настоять
1 hour in a sealed container. Пить по 50 gr. before meals 3 times a
- Medication for varicose veins. For получения отвара
take 1 tbsp. l herbs and 2 cups boiling water, mix, insist 4
ч. и пьют thrice в день по 1 десертной ложке перед едой.
- Collection with adnexitis. ATзять по 5 gr. flowers coltsfoot,
oregano, centaury umbrella and clover, mix. At 10 grams.
the mixture needs 1 cup of boiling water, which is poured raw materials for 3 hours.
Ready to filter and drink a third of a cup for
of the month.
- Poultice for rheumatism. ATзять чистый холщовый мешок, засыпать
there are 3 parts of althea medicinal and chamomile, add 4 parts
clover yellow, tie, pour water and 10 min. boil. AT
heat the bag attach to the affected area.
Sweet clover honey
Melilotus officinalis is a wonderful honey plant, emitting a large
the amount of nectar during flowering. The special structure of flowers
allows nectar to persist even after rain and in a period of strong
drought. From nectar collected from 1 hectares of wild plants, bees
200 kg of honey are produced, and 600 kg from 1 hectare of the cultural clover.
Sweet clover honey относится к высококачественному, имеет превосходные
taste, light amber or white, delicate flavor,
similar to the smell of vanilla. Contains fructose (39.59%) and glucose
(36.78%). In addition to honey, the plant gets useful pollen.
The product is valued as an effective drug and
helps with diseases of the digestive system, hypertension, cough,
headache, neurosis, fatigue.
Massage with honey well helps with arthrosis and arthritis, but it should
remember that in the acute phase such procedures are most often
- Individual intolerance of the plant;
- Kidney disease;
- Hemocoagulation disorders;
- Hemorrhagic vasculitis;
- Bleeding from internal organs;
- Propensity to bradycardia;
- Low blood pressure;
- Children’s age up to 18 years.
Contraindications к применению донника являются абсолютными, т.е.
they can not be ignored.
Special instructions and possible side effects
With overdose and hypersensitivity to the plant can
be: nausea, vomiting, headache, dizziness, drowsiness,
weakness, tremor. AT тяжелых случаях могут развиться: поражения
liver, hemorrhages in muscle tissue, internal organs, under the skin
and even paralysis of the central nervous system.
You can not take drugs clover with the means
contributing to lower blood clotting. Should also
remember that when used in large doses, clover preparations
If surgery is to be done, a month before
should stop taking a tributary: problems can develop
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог