Update: October 2018
Magnetotherapy is a group of alternative medicine methods,
using the action of the magnetic field on the human body.
The physiotherapeutic effect of the magnetic field has a healing
and a prophylactic effect on a wide range of diseases. AT
this article we will consider the indications and contraindications to
magnetic therapy, as well as features of treatment and equipment for its
Some facts from the history of magnetic therapy
- Magnetic iron ore was first discovered in the old town
Magnesia, located in Asia Minor. Hence the name
- The first use of magnets found in compasses.
- AT записях Гиппократа и манускриптах египетских священников
there is evidence of the ability of magnets to render
anti-inflammatory, laxative and hemostatic
- Chinese healers restored the balance of internal energy Qi
using magnets, applying them to certain points. Method
finds its use now.
- Paracelsus used magnetic iron to treat diarrhea,
epilepsy, as well as to restore vitality.
- Austrian physician Mesmer was studying the effects of magnetic
fields on the body. It was believed that magnets can cure from
diseases of various etiologies – the patient was prescribed wearing
браслетов, кулонов и поясов из mineral.
- Cleopatra used magnets to preserve youth and
- Tibetan monks use magnets to activate the function.
- AT странах СНГ методика выделяется в отдельную категорию
therapeutic techniques and widely used.
- Magnetic therapy has not spread in the United States, does not have
evidence base, so magnets for therapeutic purposes are not
- The popular method of treatment of Su-Joc therapy also uses
magnets for impact on points of conformity.
Characteristics and effects of the magnetic field
The magnetic field can be of 2 types: alternating (low and
high frequency) and constant. ATсе магниты имеют 2 полюса –
negative and positive and each one has a different effect on
the body, allowing you to achieve certain effects.
ATыделяют 2 большие группы магнитотерапии:
- Local – the action of the magnetic field is directed to certain
parts of the body, i.e. locally;
- General magnetic therapy – magnetic fields affect the whole
Effects when exposed to different magnet poles
|North Pole||South Pole|
How does magnetic therapy
ATоздействие магнитного поля на ткани и органы приводит к
following positive results:
- improvement of metabolic reactions, correction of fat metabolism and,
accordingly, a decrease in the volume of the body;
- improving the ability of blood hemoglobin to carry oxygen to
tissues, which leads to oxygenation of organs and tissues;
- contraction of lymphatic vessels, contributing to detoxification
organism and excretion of metabolic products;
- the acceleration of the removal of fluid from the tissues, leading to a decrease
- improvement of blood vessels and nerve fibers.
The therapeutic effects of magnetic therapy make it possible to achieve
- Positive changes in the course of diseases associated with
impaired innervation and peripheral circulation such as
osteochondrosis, diabetes, etc.
- Accelerating the resolution of diseases associated with chronic
- Accelerating the healing of various tissue damage – burns,
- Pain Relief различного генеза – например,
The procedure is indicated for the spine with pain from
- Acceleration of tissue healing after surgical procedures.
Most of all, the magnetic field affects the nervous tissue,
therefore, the most significant health improvements will be observed
precisely with diseases of the nervous system. Magnetic therapy is also
Highly effective for joints when treating large joints:
hip and knee.
Devices for holding sessions of magnetic therapy
For the procedures used various devices:
- OMT stationary devices;
- portable appliances;
- jewelry with magnets and magnetic accessories.
Each device has its own differences, endowed with specific functions.
For surface diseases it is more convenient and more expedient to use
portable devices that are mobile. More serious
Systemic diseases are treated with stationary equipment.
Jewelery with magnets are shown to maintain health
prevention of diseases and with minor pathologies.
OMT stationary devices
Medical equipment has the form of a mobile cabinet with
Built-in graphic display. Treatment protocol
set via computer, in memory of which about 100 is recorded
treatment schemes, and the team is sent to the components and devices
apparatus. Adjusting the frequency and power of the magnetic field is also
set via computer.
Additional equipment is presented:
- local emitters focusing the action of the magnetic field
on specific parts of the body;
- solenoids of various diameters used for exposure
on the limbs;
- magnetic belts;
- couch with movable type solenoid used for
impact on the whole body.
Solenoids create a circular magnetic field.
How is the session
The procedure does not require special preparation. Before the patient session
it is recommended to drink 1 cup of mineral water contributing
cleansing cells in the body.
The person is placed on a couch equipped with a mobile device with
solenoid inductors. Special magnetic belts are mounted on
areas of the body that will be exposed. This allows
increase the concentration of the magnetic field. After launch
protocol moving apparatus acts on the tissue by
magnetic field. Penetration of magnetic waves in the fabric is
about 4 cm
- About 40 programs embedded in the computer are used
individually, depending on the pathology.
- To achieve positive results, a course is assigned.
procedures consisting of 10-15 sessions with a frequency of two or three times
per week, lasting from 15 to 60 minutes.
- There is no discomfort and in general a person feels nothing, except
slight vibration in the overlap of magnetic belts.
Portable (mobile) devices
These are portable devices that are superimposed on a specific
body area. Mobile devices have a decongestant,
analgesic, anti-inflammatory, sedative and
contribute to the improvement of microcirculation. Consider the most
popular portable devices.
�“AMNP – 01”
Designed for home magnetic therapy and allows patients
independently conduct diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- musculoskeletal diseases
- pathologies of the venous system, including varicose veins;
- skin diseases;
- hypertonic disease.
The advantages of the device:
- four modes of operation;
- the generation of pulsating and alternating magnetic fields that
allows you to measure the intensity at different stages of treatment;
- increasing the effectiveness of treatment of the disease as a whole;
- speeding up the recovery of the body;
- possibility of use for the treatment of children and debilitated
Similar drugs have only 1 mode of operation, which causes
привыкание организма к действию magnetic field.
The complete set of the device includes belts for fixing with a length of 0.5-1.5
m, which allows patients to independently conduct sessions without
third-party assistance. Methodика проведения процедуры проста и понятна,
special knowledge is not required.
The therapeutic effect of 1 session lasts about 6 days.
Course treatment allows you to save the therapeutic effect for 45
It has a pronounced therapeutic effect from the first minutes of its
use because it is characterized by vibroacoustic oscillation
unique range, coupled with the magnetic field (variable,
Application shown in a wide range of diseases, among
- pathologies of the upper respiratory tract;
- cardiovascular diseases;
- neurological diseases;
- ENT pathology;
- dental diseases.
The advantages of the device:
- simplicity of the procedure;
- more pronounced anti-edema and analgesic effect in
regarding injuries and pathologies of the musculoskeletal system compared to
- good effect in the treatment of non-purulent sinusitis and vasomotor
It has a therapeutic effect using pulsed magnetic
fields. It is used in all areas of medicine.
- pathology of the spine and joints (osteochondrosis,
- diseases of the cardiovascular system (vascular pathologies,
- cerebral vascular disorders;
- периферические изменения нервной systems;
- female genital diseases.
AT комплекте имеются: электронный блок, селеноиды различного
type, instruction manual.
Compact device emitting a pulsed traveling magnetic field,
which penetrates deep into the tissue. Used to treat more
50 diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system.
Impose on the following areas:
- collar area;
- lumbar part;
- joints area.
The body of the unit is equipped with 2 light indicators: green
lights up at the moment of inclusion, yellow – during a session. AT
Set: electronic unit, equipped with four coils,
elastic bandage, magnetic field indicator and instruction.
To obtain the proper therapeutic effect should
conduct course treatment strictly pop testimony. ATремя сеанса при
the work of the portable device is 6-20 minutes, the course – 10-20
Magnetic ornaments представлены широким ассортиментом – это и
rings, and bracelets, and earrings, and more. Magnetic costume jewelry
helps to cope with conditions such as arterial
гипо- и гипертензия, головная боль, нарушения кровообращения,
discomfort with arthritis, back pain, joint pain, depression and
AT продаже можно встретить и другие аксессуары со встроенными
magnets, such as insoles, belts, headbands, applicators, mats,
massagers and even combs. Each accessory has its own
intended and recommended for minor violations in
Indications for magnetic therapy and features of the procedure
Magnets are characterized by highly efficient immunomodulatory
effect, activation of natural intracellular protection.
The magnetic field accelerates tissue regeneration processes, rendering
противоотечное и противовоспалительное act.
Sensitivity should be determined before starting treatment.
human to magnetic waves, since in its absence this
the technique is impractical.
The sensitivity to the influence of the magnetic field is determined as follows
in a way. The magnet is fitted to the center of the palm, and the reaction is awaited:
- ripple in the area of the magnet after 5 minutes indicates
high sensitivity to magnetic field;
- the same sensations that arose after 20 minutes speak of an average
- if no sensations are observed for half an hour, then
sensitivity to a magnetic field and not at all.
The mechanism of the magnetic field is to
- changes in the physico-chemical characteristics of the cells;
- improves the permeability of cell membranes and vascular
- the concentration of hormones and enzymes changes;
- reduced cholesterol levels in the blood;
- decreases blood viscosity;
- changes the acid-base environment of the body;
- cells are activated T-lymphocytes that destroy
abnormal and alien cells;
- normal metabolism.
Magnetic therapy is used to treat the pathologies of almost all
organs and systems as well as for preventive purposes and for
восстановления после длительных заболеваний и operations. Magnetic
the field penetrates through clothing, cosmetics, plaster, which greatly simplifies
carrying out the procedure.
|System Name||List of diseases||Mechanism of action|
|Genitourinary||AT гинекологии и урологии:
|Rehabilitation after surgery||
From the above it can be concluded that magnetic therapy
целесообразна при большинстве распространенных diseases.
Combining magnetic therapy with other methods of treatment
Magnetotherapy can be prescribed in parallel with medication.
лечению, например, с противовоспалительными, сахароснижающими,
antihypertensive drugs, potentiating the action of drugs,
increasing the receptor sensitivity to drugs, lengthening
therapeutic effect and reducing the side effects of medicinal
Magnetic therapy can be combined with other methods.
physiotherapy treatments such as electropulse
therapy, medicinal electrophoresis, ultrasound and vibrotherapy, etc.
Developed techniques that allow you to simultaneously influence
on tissue by several physical factors – photomagnet therapy,
magnetophoresis, magnetolaser and magneto-vibroacoustic,
vacuum magnetic therapy.
In the appointment of magnetic therapy should take into account the general condition
health, including mental, patient age, sensitivity to
exposure to magnetic waves, the presence of diseases in acute and
хронической stages, динамику и стадию заболевания. Sure to
get tested, pass tests.
Contraindications к процедуре подразделяются на относительные и
The procedure refers to safe methods of physiotherapy.
treatments that do not have any side effects. Magnetic therapy
can be carried out in the presence of contraindications to other types
Like any other method of physiotherapy treatment,
magnetic therapy can be beneficial and harmful, with the latter
possible with improper treatment, deliberately increasing
the time and number of procedures and the presence of contraindications.
Increased exposure to magnetic fields may result in
impaired cell membrane permeability, which is a risk
development of dystrophic processes. In addition, it may increase
glycolysis and the development of hypoxia.
The effectiveness of magnetic therapy
About 90% of patients sensitive to magnetic
полей, отмечают улучшения состояния после курса procedures. However not
It is worth considering the method as the main treatment. For all
positive effects of a magnetic field it cannot replace
Magnetic Field Deficiency Syndrome
This syndrome was first described in the 50s of the last century.
Japanese doctors. It turns out that with a lack of magnetic
energy a person develops chronic fatigue, dysfunction
internal organs, sleep disturbances and blood jumps
Hypomagnetism slows the movement of blood through the vessels and reduces
the rate of delivery of oxygen to tissues and organs. This leads to
drowsiness and decreased performance. Another negative effect
– weakening of immunity and resistance to infectious-inflammatory
processes. To stabilize the magnetic field was proposed
the use of magnetic therapy, which is actively used in Japan and
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог