Update: October 2018
Sea buckthorn – deciduous shrub of the Lochaceae family, reaching
heights up to 10 m. Sea buckthorn is considered the most famous
Favorite places of plant growth are the banks of rivers,
mountainous terrain, stony and sandy soil at an altitude of 3300-4500
m, and the thorny bush is not afraid of even 50 degrees of frost
Siberia. The name of the plant is symbolic and describes the appearance.
кустарника – яркие оранжевые berriesки буквально облепливают тонкие
веточки со всех сторон, а внутри berries находится мелкая
The shrub is common in Europe, Central Asia, Canada and
USA. A lot of sea buckthorn plantations are located in China, and
their number is several times greater than the current in Russia. Often a plant
used for the formation of hedges, strengthening of ravines,
Описание и химический состав
The spiny trunk has a rather coarse and thick bark. Leaves
elongated shape, silver-green color from the bottom.
Blossom falls in April. Oval or spherical fruits
ripen in the period August-October and are characterized by bright orange
coloring and sour taste.
What is useful sea buckthorn
The benefits of virtually all parts of the plant for human health
обусловлена уникальным составом sea buckthorn.
Berries contain the following beneficial substances:
- В составе berries находится до 4,5 % каротиноидов, 2,57 %
water-soluble carbohydrates, 4.4–9% fatty oil, 2.8% acids
organic, 0.79% pectin.
- The amount of triterpene acids is 505-1170 mg / 100 g:
prevent pain in the heart and arrhythmia, normalize blood circulation,
have a therapeutic effect in insomnia, shortness of breath,
- В составе sea buckthorn в большом количестве содержится
B-sitosterol, which has anti-sclerotic effect.
- Serotonin has an antitumor effect.
- Choline increases blood pressure, prevents fatty hepatosis and
развитие atherosclerosisа благодаря уменьшению уровня вредного
- The flavonoids that are found in all parts of the plant are
anti-cancer antioxidants and can be used to
- Phenolic compounds, a large number of which is in
свежих berriesах, ингибируют рост грамм-отрицательных бактерий,
including Helicobacter pylori.
- In the plant found 15 trace elements, among which
magnesium, iron, boron, manganese, sulfur, silicon, titanium, aluminum.
Vitamins / 100g
- C: 54-316 mg (reducing the risk of strokes and heart attacks, strengthening
myocardium and vascular walls, prevention of hemorrhage,
support liver function, kidney and adrenal glands);
- R: 75-100 mg (strengthening the capillaries and reducing them
- B9: 0,79 mg (participation in the formation of red blood cells,
anticarcinogenic действие против рака шейки матки, нормализация
hydrochloric acid products);
- B1: 0,016-0,085 mg (regulation of metabolic processes, nervous and
- B2: 0,030-0,056 mg (participation in cellular respiration);
- provitamin A: 0.9-10.9 mg (normalization of sweat function,
gonads and lacrimal glands, pancreas and thyroid glands);
- E: 8-18 mg (synthesis of sex hormones, protection of the intrauterine
fetal development, rejuvenation of the body, elimination of toxins);
- K: 0.9-1.5 mg (reduction of bleeding and fragility
- unsaturated fatty acids – up to 77% (in oil).
Sea buckthorn oil contains many beneficial substances.
Thus, 100 g of oil obtained from pulp contains 112–154 mg
tocopherols, 168–215 mg carotenoids, 0.89% phospholipids, more than 90
mg of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, and only for
Sea buckthorn oil is characterized by a unique combination of beneficial
omega-3 and omega-6 PUFA in the ratio of 50:50.
В 100 гр масла, выжатого из мякоти berries, содержится 180–250 мг
carotenoids, 40-100 mg of carotene, 110-165 mg of a-tocopherol and
The leaves and shoots of the plant are characterized by a rich composition, but in
fruit and oil content of nutrients is higher.
Medicinal raw materials, preparation
Лекарственную ценность представляют все части растения: berriesы,
seeds (bones), leaves, young shoots, roots and bark. Berries
used to make butter, juice, marmalade, marshmallow,
jams, jelly and even alcohol, and the roots, leaves and bark
used for the preparation of tinctures, teas and decoctions.
Заготовка berries осуществляется при полной их зрелости, в сухую
the weather. The best procurement method to keep everything useful
свойства berries – это быстрое замораживание. Спелые berriesы можно
dry in a dryer at a temperature of about 40 C. With a press out
berries получают концентрированный сок, а из жома – делают облепиховое
Twigs and leaves can be collected in June – dried them in a dry,
dark and well ventilated place.
Sea buckthorn juice can be harvested, but using the method
pasteurization because boiling destroys most of the beneficial
Useful properties and contraindications
The plant is actively used both official and popular.
medicine and also used in homeopathy, cooking and
cosmetology. The pharmaceutical industry produces oil,
syrup, dietary supplements, tinctures and candles containing sea buckthorn. From the berries are cooked
jam, jam, juice, fruit drinks, confiture and candy.
The plant is characterized by pronounced healing properties and
has the following effects on the human body:
- wound healing
- pain killer
- normalizing to work virtually all internal
Indications for the treatment of sea buckthorn
- various types of dermatosis and dermatitis (except for allergic),
skin lesions, including burns and frostbite at the stage
regeneration, purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, bedsores, erosion
- arthritis and arthritis
- eye diseases, cataracts
- gynecological diseases, including colpitis and cervicitis
- male and female infertility
- gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, gastritis and gastropathy,
including associated with H. pilori
- anal fissures, proctitis, internal hemorrhoids
- rhinitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, tonsillitis
- stomatitis, periodontitis, pulpitis
- oncological diseases
- high risk of heart attacks and strokes
- poisoning, dysbacteriosis
- depression, insomnia, neurosis
Like any other plant, sea buckthorn brings both harm and benefit,
border between which – contraindications to use which
should be considered!
- Sea buckthorn treatment is contraindicated in the presence of allergic
reactions and individual intolerance. Bright orange color of berries
testifies to their high allergic activity, therefore
Allergy sufferers should use them with caution for treatment.
- Internal treatment is prohibited in the acute course of inflammatory
diseases of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas,
- Do not take fresh sea buckthorn or fresh juice from
berries to those who suffer from urolithiasis, in which
a history of spontaneous discharge of stones, as well as
with increased acidity of gastric juice.
- Be careful with the use of sea buckthorn oil with a tendency to
In addition to the well-known sea buckthorn oil, there are a number of non
менее известных препаратов, использующих лечебные свойства
- Tablets Angi Sept from Dr. Theiss. Used when
inflammatory diseases of the pharynx and throat. Price – 160-230 rubles;
- Tablets Hyporamine from FarmVILAR. Antiviral drug with
wide spectrum of action. Price – 120-130 rubles;
- Rectal suppositories with sea buckthorn oil from Nizhfarm.
Used to treat hemorrhoids. Price – 80-90 rubles;
- Pomogush dragee with sea buckthorn LLC “Yug” – complex biologically
active food supplement for children. Price – 250-300 rubles;
- Spray Oralgin with sea buckthorn from Artlife – antiseptic drug
for the treatment of diseases of the oral mucosa. Price – 150-160
Use in traditional medicine
The most beneficial are fresh, ripe berries of the plant, which
provide the body with vital substances. So helpful
supplement to the diet has a positive effect on the heart and
blood vessels, lowers blood pressure, is the prevention of heart attack and
stroke, thrombosis, strengthens the immune system, eliminates
anemia, rejuvenates the body and helps in restoring
Application: 50-100 grams of berries per day, 30 minutes after meals
within 1 month. Since the taste of the berries is specific, they can
mix with honey or slightly sweeten. You can drink berries
clean water at room temperature.
Recommended berries and for the treatment of cancer of the esophagus or stomach (in
complex therapy). In the treatment of cancer take 1 tbsp. berries
three times a day.
При лечении женского и мужского бесплодия berriesы sea buckthorn должны
present in the daily diet, you can use them for 50
grams per day. Если свежих berries не удалось найти или не сезон,
can be used frozen or dry, pre-soak
them in warm water.
Масло sea buckthorn: свойства и применение
Масло sea buckthorn можно использовать наружно и внутренне, причем не
only on the skin, but also on the mucous membranes. Best buy
it is ready, in the pharmacy chain – it is sterile and can
used for various purposes. The only recommendation is
buy two bottles, one of which is used for outdoor
use, and the second for internal therapy.
Oil intake is especially indicated in the treatment of ulcers and gastritis,
poisoning, dysbiosis, chronic diseases and toxic
lesions of the liver and kidneys, as well as atherosclerosis and anemia.
Application: 1 tsp. масла за полчаса до еды three times a day.
For cancer of the esophagus or stomach take half a teaspoon
oil three times a day before meals during the entire period of radiation therapy
and 3 more weeks after its completion.
When a sore throat half a spoonful of oil is added to a glass of warm
milk and drink in the morning and evening before meals.
- As Basics for compresses – in the treatment of burns and
frostbite at the stage of regeneration, as well as pressure sores;
- As пропитки для тампонов на ночь – для лечения
colpitis, cervical erosion (7-10 consecutive days);
- 1-2 ml of oil is injected twice a day into the maxillary sinus.
for the treatment of sinusitis (7-10 days);
- To combat acute rhinitis, it is enough to bury 1-2 drops.
oil in each nostril 2-3 times a day;
- For external lubrication of the affected areas of the skin 2-3 times / day
– in the treatment of trophic ulcers, purulent wounds, dermatitis;
- For inhalations of 2-3 st.l. spoons of oil to 1 liter of water – at
treatment of inflammatory diseases of the pharynx, tonsillitis, tonsillitis,
- In a mixture with camphor (half a cup of oil for 2 tablespoons camphor) for
rubbing on the night – with old and intractable cough, not
less than 4-5 days in a row;
- В офтальмологии масло sea buckthorn используют при кератитах,
damage to the cornea, corneal burns.
- Pure oil is used to lubricate the tonsils – in the treatment of
acute and chronic tonsillitis, as well as in restorative
period after tonsillectomy.
The use of oil in cosmetology
- Sea buckthorn is used for dry skin – should
gently rub warm sea buckthorn oil into the skin overnight instead
- Used oil for the skin of the face with excessive fat content –
wiping problem areas 2 times a day with a cotton pad, lightly
wetted in oil, helps to solve this problem;
- Sea buckthorn oil is ideal as a basis for holding
massage, because it is well absorbed, does not create excessive fat
on the skin and contributes to the rapid heating of tissues;
- When brittle nails are recommended to do daily baths with
heated sea buckthorn oil;
- It helps hair oil when they fall – you can rub it into
roots and leave overnight under a cotton hat, and in the morning
thoroughly wash your hair, repeating the procedure 2 times a week.
Масло sea buckthorn, вред и польза которого описано выше, является
universal natural product that helps in effective treatment
many diseases, so it should be in every home.
Семена sea buckthorn
Отвар seed sea buckthorn позволяет устранить понос – 1 ст.л. seed
boil over low heat in 200 ml of water. Take cooled
decoction of 2 tbsp. 3-5 times a day before meals.
Настои, чаи и отвары sea buckthorn
Leaves sea buckthorn характеризуются такими же полезные свойствами и
противопоказаниями, как и berriesы plants. For therapeutic
drinks use dry raw materials.
Чай из листьев sea buckthorn рекомендовано пить при стоматите,
periodontitis and pulpitis, as well as diabetes. For his
obtain 1 tsp dry leaves pour a glass of boiling water,
Insist ten minutes, filter and drink 200 ml twice a day.
A decoction of the leaves helps in the treatment of joints: 1 tbsp. dry
crushed leaves pour a glass of boiling water and boil on a small
fire 10 min. Take half a cup of cooled broth 2 times a
Настой sea buckthorn готовится аналогично отвару, только не
subjected to boiling, and infused for half an hour.
Принимают по половине стакана 2 р/день при rheumatismе и
Сок sea buckthorn
Fresh sea buckthorn juice is a natural multi-vitamin remedy.
recommended for ARVI, anemia, hypovitaminosis, muscular dystrophy,
hyposecretory gastritis, hypotension, liver diseases, colitis.
What is useful juice for women is that it helps in the fight against
premature aging. Take 100 ml twice a day
half an hour field of food (maximum – 300 ml per day).
Варенье из sea buckthorn
Tasty amber jam can be found on the shelves
shops. However, its controversial use is in overcooked with sugar.
berriesах уже мало пользы, а витаминов и вовсе нет, поскольку они
destroyed by boiling. Jam can only be used as
dessert. For lovers of sweets there is a useful recipe for jam –
перетертая облепиха: измельчить свежие berriesы и перемешать их с
sugar. This product contains all the necessary nutrients and
pleasant to the taste.
Interesting facts about the plant
- Sea buckthorn was positioned in the ancient books of oriental medicine
as the best supplement for the return of power to the warriors and exhausted by the disease
- The ancient Mongols used sea buckthorn before the competition,
to win them. Fed the plant and horses for
giving them stamina and strength.
- Жители Сибири называют berriesы растения «сибирским
Recipes of traditional medicine were confirmed in
numerous studies and experiments:
- Доказательства антиканцерогенного действия sea buckthorn были
obtained in Soviet times. Antitumor activity
sea buckthorn позволяет использовать ее для снижения риска
metastasis of malignant neoplasms.
- Another study published in the Journal of Food
biochemistry ”, confirmed that sea buckthorn helps in therapy
atopic dermatitis with regular use of drugs of the plant in
for 4 months.
- Нашло подтверждение и местное wound healing действие
plants. In the journal “Food and Chemical Toxicology” was
published a report on a scientific experiment on rats – oil sea buckthorn
perfectly healed burns.
- A study published by the European Journal of Clinical
питания», свидетельствует о нормализующем действии sea buckthorn на
blood sugar levels in diabetics by selectively affecting
a jump in glucose that occurs after a meal.
- Hepatoprotective effect of sea buckthorn oil was
confirmed by several studies. In one of them participated
patients with cirrhosis of the liver who took 15 grams of extract
sea buckthorn 3 раза в день в течение полугода. As time passes
treatment in the blood of patients was found to decrease levels
hyaluronic and bile acid, laminin and collagen type III and
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог