- Massage and exercise therapy
- Muscle tone correction
- Cervical massage
- Back massage
- Muscle Exercise Exercises
An infant bends its back and throws its head back, maybe get up “on the bridge” and constantly cry ─ in this way the body the child responds to changes in the functioning of the nervous system and groups the muscles.
Prompt diagnosis and competent treatment guarantees good health and full development of the baby.
If you see that the baby is standing on the bridge, it’s not means that he has early sports talents. The reasons for acrobatic exercises can be like in ordinary moods and digestive problems, and in increased intracranial pressure or hypertonicity of the muscles of the baby. Knows the exact diagnosis only a neurologist.
1-3 months ─ is the age when babies cry and bend from intestinal colic. Crying can last several hours. After 4 months there are no such signs. You can remove a similar reason dill water and a warm dry diaper in the form of a compress on the stomach.
If the children have heavy breathing, it is also accompanied sagging in the back and crying. Rinse your nose with a solution. salt, chamomile broth or pharmaceuticals, and unpleasant discomfort will disappear along with crying and bending.
If the baby is restless when feeding, with a sharp change in position body can damage back muscles. Therefore, such manifestations are necessary warn. The baby may be full, but walk away from the chest and he is in no hurry to stop communicating with his mother.
More serious reasons are possible: taste or volume of maternal milk. Mom’s diet determines the taste, and if it is lacking, it may not to overfill or not have time to suck out if there is an excess of milk.
A child can arch back without crying. If he just groans, then he is trying to roll on his stomach. Maybe he was interested some subject. In this case, it is necessary to change its position so that it was more convenient to consider.
According to the symptoms, these phenomena are different, and mothers need these signs take account of.
|High intracranial pressure||High muscle tone|
|The baby’s back is arched, he nervously throws back the head||The body is bent, the muscles in tension ─ like physical education|
|Crying loud, with a transition to a cry and a clear demonstration of pain sensations||The kid groans as if lifting a heavy load|
|Additional signs ─ nausea, vomiting, then a baby calms down||A gentle massage with stroking calms the baby, allowing him to give the body a normal position|
Parents need signs for first aid, and recognize the degree the difficulty of the problem can only be a doctor.
Consider several ways to eliminate a symptom such as arching the back and tilting the head back with the baby.
Massage and exercise therapy
High intracranial pressure is a consequence of dangerous diseases:
- Brain injuries;
- Brain abscesses;
- Metabolic disorders.
The reason for such acrobatic stunts will be eliminated only by adequate the course of treatment of the underlying disease.
Increased tone is treated at home. To check the degree of stress muscle corset of the neck and back, you need to test your child. This procedure can be performed from the age of three months.
The baby is placed on the tummy and carefully watched. When muscle tension is high, the baby’s head will be thrown back, shoulders are raised, handles are not involved. If on the one hand the problem more pronounced, the body bends in this direction, the head turns, the baby falls involuntarily onto his back.
By biomechanics of movement, active rotation on the back with an arbitrary holding the head should be distinguished from involuntary rollover. Most children first learn stomach flips, but in 5% the opposite picture is observed. Active gymnastics, subject to age, you can start after eliminating muscle tension.
If you put the baby on the back and pull the handles, he will not be able to group, and the head will tilt.
To check the neck, place a palm under the back of the head and carefully lift it above the table. Trying to pull to the chest chin, you need to feel muscle resistance. Help fix defects relaxing massage and exercise therapy.
Assigning a massage course by a pediatrician does not necessarily imply participation of a professional massage therapist.
Parents can also master a relaxing massage.
Young children react differently to bodily contact with by strangers, and mother’s hands always feel their child. TO besides, it’s also a budget option, as the recovery process long, one course expensive professional massage will be few.
Muscle tone correction
Initial the result is that the baby will stop toppling over back and hold your head. Active movements will be hindered by declining muscle tension. After the first stage, you can proceed to training and muscle strengthening, the development of motor skills.
If the baby does not reach the chest with the chin, then the muscles the backs, which should bend the neck, are tense. When stimulating massage is contraindicated, recommend relaxing:
- The baby is on the stomach, the arms must be bent at the elbows and brought to chest level. When stroking the massage therapist’s palm moves from the nape to the shoulders, including the neck. Then iron the shoulders in direction from neck to shoulder joint. The movements are repeated 4-5 time.
- Then you can perform gentle stretching techniques for a problem muscle group, for which one hand must be held the back of the head, and the other, at a slow pace, from the neck along the shoulder, stopping for a couple of seconds. Gentle stretches are also repeated. 4-5 times.
- Finish work with the cervical stroking and transition to back.
When choosing techniques, they are guided by the test results. If the voltage was pronounced, first perform relaxing movements — stroking and rubbing. If there is no severe spasm, but the baby holds his head poorly, preferably rubbing, stretching is not applied at all.
- The first stroking is carried out along the vertebrae using brushes hands moving up and down. Repeat 3-5 times.
- Then stroking is performed with the fingertips in the direction sideways from the vertebrae. Repeat 2-3 times, symmetrically.
- To relieve tension, perform stretching for the problematic muscle groups.
- Complete the massage by stroking.
Muscle Exercise Exercises
After massage, add exercises that strengthen and stretch muscles neck and back.
- The baby is placed on the changing table, under the shoulders and head should be a small pillow. From the back they grab the shoulders of the baby and lift them up a bit, pause for a second, waiting until the child will try to raise his head. Lay crumbs on pillow and give him the opportunity to relax. Repeat 5-7 times.
- If the baby is not able to lift the head himself, he can help by placing a palm under the back of the head. First such a position just fix for 3-5 seconds., Then you can increase the time. Repeat fixation 5-7 times.
- To raise the head and body at an angle of 30 °, it is necessary put a pillow on the child. The hands of the masseur are on the shoulders and neck behind. Slowly lifting the body part above the table for a moment hold it and put it carefully. Repeat several times, achieving a feeling of disappeared muscle resistance.
- The previous exercise can be complicated by stimulating active holding the head at the time of lifting the body. Why in the raised fingers are removed from the neck for a second. If baby head keeps moving on to the next exercise.
- Raising the back, the head is no longer held. If the child manages to group, the pillow must be removed and continue to rise with the table.
As tonus normalizes, activity increases. flexor muscles of the neck. Now you can proceed to the exercises on independent control of the position of the head. For rolling on belly and roller in all directions, “flights” and other exercises use a gym ball. Find out the exact information at what age the newborn begins to crawl.
Very interesting information about when the baby begins to roll over.
Practical exercises – how cramps occur in infants.
When arching your back due to muscle hypertonicity or neurological abnormalities in the absence of adequate treatment results may affect future child health. AT in adolescence, this is manifested by causeless headaches pains, problems with memory and attention, osteochondrosis, cerebrovascular disorders. Therefore if aged 2 weeks – 4 months, parents have some doubts, why does the baby bend his back and throw his head back, must undergo a medical examination.