Update: October 2018
Ibuprofen is a non-steroid drug that has three
effects: anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic,
indiscriminate enzyme blocker TsOG1 and TsOG2. Is one of
propionic acid derivatives. Ibuprofen is actively used in
pediatrics, starting at three months of age. Distinctive
characteristics of drugs in this group:
- do not cause addiction and development of resistance;
- affect the speed of the psychomotor reaction and do not depress
- have a wide range of appointments with a variety of
Pharmacological group: NSAIDs.
Composition, physico-chemical characteristics, price
Ibuprofen is available in several dosage forms that
intended for both oral and skin use
and rectal administration.
|Main substance||Excipients||Physicochemical properties|
10 tab. in cellular packages. 2-5 packs per pack
200 or 400 mg ibuprofen
|Magnesium stearate, potato starch, silica, vanillin,
beeswax, dye azorubine, food gelatin, magnesium
hydroxycarbonate, wheat flour, low molecular weight povidone,
titanium dioxide, sucrose
|Pills светло-розовые или розовые, с оболочкой,
biconvex, bilayer with transverse section
Suspension Ibuprofen Children’s Day (syrup)
In a glass bottle of 100 ml with a measuring spoon, in a cardboard
100 mg ibuprofen in 5 ml suspension
| Glycerol, Polysorbate, Sorbitol, Citric Acid,
sodium saccharinate, xanthan gum, acid solution
hydrochloric and sodium hydroxide, methyl parahydroxybenzoate,
propyl parahydroxybenzoate, fruit flavor, purified
| Homogeneous suspension having almost white color
viscous, fruit flavored
On 5 suppositories in planimetric packing, in a cardboard pack on 2
60 mg ibuprofen in 1 suppositories
|Solid fat|| Torpedo-shaped suppositories of white or almost white
colors with a smooth surface
On 100, 50, 30, 20 g in an aluminum tuba, in a pack cardboard
50 mg ibuprofen in 1 g of gel
| Ethanol, dimexide propylene glycol, carbomer,
methyl parahydroxybenzoate, triethanolamine, neroli oil,
лавандовое масло, water очищенная
| Colorless or with a yellowish sheen transparent gel,
having a peculiar smell
On 15 and 25 g in an aluminum tuba, in a pack cardboard
50 mg ibuprofen and 100 mg dimethyl sulfoxide in 1 g
|Macrogol 1500 and 400||White ointment with peculiar smell|
Provides analgesic, antipyretic and anti-inflammatory
action by indiscriminately blocking cyclooxygenase (1 and
2) and inhibiting the synthesis of prostaglandins (mediators
inflammatory reactions). The analgesic effect is more pronounced with
pain associated with inflammatory reactions. As for others
NSAIDs, antiplatelet activity is characteristic of ibuprofen
(inhibits the aggregation of blood cells – platelets). With long
treatment may have a desensitizing effect.
With outdoor use also has an active
analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. Normalizes
vascular permeability reduces the liberation of inflammatory mediators.
Диметилсульфоксид, второй активный компонент ointment, оказывает
local non-specific anti-inflammatory effect and enhances
ibuprofen penetration into affected tissues.
With internal use of the drug is almost completely
absorbed from the digestive tract, but at the same time eating speed
suction slows down. When taken on an empty stomach, the maximum concentration in
blood is reached after 45 minutes, and after eating – in 90-150
Metabolism is carried out in the liver (up to 90%). After absorption
approximately 60% of the inactive R-form of the active substance
transformed into an S-form, which has pharmacological
activity. Excreted in the urine as inactive metabolites (up to 80
%), the rest is excreted by the intestines.
When applied externally does not penetrate into the system
blood flow. When released into the cavity of the joints accumulates in
Indications for use
- Inflammatory diseases of the spine and joints, including
ankylosing spondylitis, sciatica, rheumatoid arthritis, disease
Ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, gouty arthritis.
- Pain syndrome of moderate severity
of origin: migraine, headache, neuralgia, toothache,
postoperative and traumatic pains, algomenorrhea
- Fever accompanying infectious and colds
- Symptomatic treatment of diseases (reduction of pain and
inflammation), not affecting the progression
- Dosage forms for external use are shown when
lumbago, myalgia, tendinitis, bursitis, injuries occurring without
tissue integrity disorders.
In pediatrics, the drug is used as an effective
antipyretic to help eliminate febrile
flu syndrome, childhood infections, acute respiratory infections, post-vaccination
reactions and other infectious and inflammatory changes. Effective in
as an anesthetic medicine for pain symptoms (moderate
and weak): headache, sore throat and ears, and toothache and
- Hypersensitivity to any component in the composition
ibuprofen dosage forms.
- Hypersensitivity to other drugs from the group of NSAIDs
(attacks of bronchial obstruction, urticaria, bronchial asthma and
- Diseases of the digestive tract with ulcerative tissue in the stage
exacerbations (ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer,
Crohn’s disease and others).
- Inflammatory bowel changes.
- Bleeding disorders, including hemophilia,
- The recovery period after coronary artery
- Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, intracranial hemorrhage.
- Hepatic insufficiency, acute
- Progressive kidney disease.
- Severe renal failure, with clearance
creatinine less than 30 ml / min and confirmed hyperkalemia.
- Ibuprofen is contraindicated in children under the age of 3 months (suspension,
suppositories), up to 6 years (tablets, gel), and up to 14 years (ointment).
- Violation of the integrity of the skin (for external forms).
С осторожностью назначают для treatment следующих групп пациентов
and in the presence of pathologies:
- Elderly age;
- Bad habits (smoking, alcohol);
- Hypertension, heart failure and coronary artery disease;
- Cerebrovascular diseases;
- Diabetes, dyslipidemia;
- Peripheral artery disease;
- Liver cirrhosis with portal-type hypertension;
- Nephrotic syndrome;
- Insufficiency of liver or kidney function with creatinine clearance
less than 60 ml / min;
- Peptic ulcer disease (in remission);
- H. pylori infection;
- Gastropathy, enteritis, colitis;
- Blood pathologies of unknown origin (anemia,
- Long-term treatment with drugs from the group of NSAIDs;
- Simultaneous treatment with hormonal drugs (contraceptives,
prednisone), anticoagulants (warfarin inclusive),
antiplatelet agents (clopidogrel, aspirin), selective inhibitors
serotonin reuptake (paroxetine, citalopram,
- Severe somatic diseases;
- Lactation period.
- Pills — в инструкция по применению таблеток ибупрофена
It is indicated that the morning dose is taken before meals with water.
The rest of the dose – after eating, drinking water.
- Suspension – applied orally, after meals. Before taking
Shake it carefully. The required amount of drug
measured with a measuring spoon or syringe.
- Suppositories — лекарственная форма применяется ректально,
gently inserting the suppository into the anus.
- Gel – a strip of gel 4-10 cm is applied to the problem area and
carefully rubbed. When used in children from 6 to 12 liters (older than
equal to adults) a strip of gel 2-4 cm applied to the skin in
affected area and rubbed.
- Мазь — небольшую полоску ointment (до 5-10 см) наносят на
problem area and carefully rubbed until completely absorbed in
||Children 6 (more than 20 kg) -12 l: 200 mg three times or four times
The intervals between receptions for adults and children over 12 l – not
Course – no more than 5 days.
Дети 3-6 мес (5-7.5 кг): по 2.5 мл два раза в day.
The interval between receptions – 6 hours.
The course in the treatment of pain – no more than 5 days., Fever
| Vaccine reactions:
||Elimination of pain and fever. Single dose: 5-10 mg
per 1 kg of body weight of a child with a frequency of three to four times a day.
Максимальная доза — не более 30 мг на 1 кг веса в day.
|The interval between injections is 6-8 hours.|
Gel and ointment
|Adults and children from 12 liters use the drug up to four times
сутки, дети 6-12 л – трижды в day.
The interval between application – 4 hours
В инструкции к ointment и гелю Ибупрофен указан курс применения 2-3
- Gastrointestinal tract: the phenomenon of gastropathy, expressed abdominal pain,
dry mouth, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite,
diarrhea, flatulence, constipation. Occasionally ulceration occurs
mucous membrane of the stomach and intestines, with a possible, extremely rare
complication in the form of bleeding and perforation, as well as pancreatitis
(these reactions are most likely with long-term treatment). With
side of the liver may develop hepatitis.
- Respiratory: bronchospachm, shortness of breath.
- Sense organs: hearing loss, ringing or tinnitus, unclear
eyesight, double vision, dry cornea, eyelid edema and
- Central and peripheral NS: dizziness, headache,
sleep disturbance, irritability, confusion, depression,
psychomotor agitation. In rare cases, people with autoimmune
pathology develops aseptic meningitis.
- Cardiovascular system: hypertension, cardiac
- Excretory system: allergic type jade, acute
renal failure, edema, cystitis, polyuria.
- Allergic reactions that are also characteristic of external forms:
skin rash on the type of erythema and urticaria, tingling, angioedema,
itchy skin. Rarely – anaphylactic shock, erythema multiforme
exudative type, bronchospasm, allergic rhinitis,
- Blood system: anemia, agranulocytosis,
thrombocytopenic purpura, thrombocytopenia and leukopenia.
- Other reactions – increased sweating.
- Increase: bleeding time, creatinine concentration
serum, activity of “liver” transaminases.
- Decrease: concentrations of glucose, hemoglobin, hematocrit,
With a significant excess of doses of the drug for internal use
The following symptoms develop: epigastric pain, drowsiness,
vomiting, headache, tinnitus, metabolic acidosis, coma,
pressure drop, tachycardia, atrial fibrillation. Treatment
- Ibuprofen not recommended for simultaneous treatment
- When prescribed with anticoagulants increases the risk
- When interacting with serotonin reuptake blockers
increases the risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- With simultaneous treatment with cephalosporins, the frequency increases.
hypoprothrombinemia, increases the risk of nephrotoxic and hepatotoxic
- When treated with inducers of microsomal oxidation
the risk of intoxication increases;
- Barbiturates and preparations with ethanol increase the concentration
ibuprofen in blood plasma;
- Reduces the effect of vasodilators, furosemide and
- Increases antiplatelet activity, indirect
anticoagulants, fibrinolitikov, hypoglycemic drugs and
insulin, sulfonylurea derivatives;
- Kolestiramin and antacids reduce the absorption of ibuprofen;
- Caffeine enhances the analgesic effect of ibuprofen.
Nurofen (tablets, gel, suppositories suspension), Nurofen Forte,
Mig 400, Dolgit, Advil, Ibufen.
|Nurofen 200-300 rubles.||Миг 400 80 руб.||Long 100 rubles.||Paspik 120 rub.||Ibufen|
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог