Update: October 2018
Зверобой относится к роду цветковых растений и
семейству Hypericaceae или Зверобойные. Grows in the North
hemispheres in temperate climates, in southern areas under
tropics, especially the Mediterranean. Favorite places – glades,
deforestation, dry meadows.
The plant has a tetrahedral stem up to 70 cm,
entire sessile or short stalks leaves, single
or numerous flowers collected in the half-umbrellas and inflorescences.
The fruit is a leathery box that splits into
3-5 parts after ripening. Flowering will fall in June-August.
Numerous seeds are small, oval or cylindrical.
AT медицине используют два вида растения: зверобой продырявленный
and tetrahedral. Hypericum extract is an integral component
лекарственных препаратов официальной медицины, таких как Negrustin,
Deprim and others used to treat depressive conditions. AT
traditional medicine described many effective recipes with
a plant. In this case, we must not forget that the beneficial properties of Hypericum
may be harmful if you have contraindications
this herbal remedy.
The beneficial properties of Hypericum due to its chemical
- flavone compounds (quercetin, rutin and others), have
antioxidant and anti-aging effect;
- vitamins: nicotinic and ascorbic acid, essential for
normal functioning of the heart, nervous and immune system. ATитамин С
protects against malignant cell degeneration;
- saponins – increase the secretion of glands, have diuretic and
hypocholesterolemic effect. Work as adaptogens;
- tocopherols (vitamin E) – protect against free radicals;
- carotene – ensures the proper functioning of the organs of vision
skin cell regeneration, protection against viruses and bacteria;
- rutin – strengthens the vascular walls;
- choline – has membrane-protective and
- hyperforin and hypericin – antidepressant substances
- volatile, possessing a pronounced antimicrobial and
- tannins – clean wounds from infectious contents,
relieve inflammation, promote regeneration.
Also in the plant there is an essential oil, resinous substances.
Healing properties of herb St. John’s wort
- sedative, antidepressant
- wound healing
- choleretic, diuretic
- pain killer
- anthelmintic (anthelmintic).
Indications for use of Hypericum herb
- Heart disease (see the causes of pain in the heart);
- Rheumatism (see rheumatoid arthritis);
- Muscle and joint pain (see pain relief injections);
- Грипп и ОРATИ;
- Diseases of the digestive tract, especially the liver and stomach;
- Pathology of the bladder, urinary incontinence;
- Hemorrhoids (see candles for hemorrhoids);
- ATоспалительные процессы женских половых органов;
- Depressive states (see antidepressants);
- Fading skin, flabbiness of the skin, dry skin;
- Seborrhea, oily skin (see seborrheic
- Acne (see how to get rid of acne);
- Alopecia (see hair loss treatment);
- Cracks in the skin (see cracks in the hands).
Recipes of traditional medicine
St. John’s wort is used in the form of tincture, infusion, decoction and tea, and
also oils that are easy to prepare at home. Raw material
favored dried herb bought from a pharmacy or
harvested by yourself.
To prepare it, take 30 grams of fresh ground
Hypericum or 15 grams of dry raw material, pour 200 ml of boiling water and
incubated for 4 hours in the dark, filtered.
- Take 15 ml before meals three times a day for gastritis,
increased acidity of gastric juice, cystitis, colitis, JCB,
hypotension, menstrual pain and diseases of the female genital
- For the treatment of diseases of the liver and gallbladder daily in
within 7 days take 0.5 glass of infusion on an empty stomach. Breakfast
can be in half an hour. Then during the day take 2 tbsp.
infusion after each meal.
- For the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity spend
rinse infusion of Hypericum.
- To eliminate inflammation on the skin, vitiligo is done daily.
lotion with infusion.
- Acne treatment involves daily, morning and
evening wash infusion.
- For the treatment of alopecia take one-third cup of infusion
10 minutes before meals twice a day for 14 days.
- Skin non-communicable diseases in children pass away faster
If you bathe children in the bath with the infusion of Hypericum.
One and a half tablespoons of herb St. John’s wort is poured with a glass of hot
water and heat the mixture in a water bath for about half an hour, stirring
then filter. The scheme and scope of application is similar to that of
- Decoction, помимо указанных выше патологий, помогает в комплексной
therapy of intestinal infections.
- Applied для лечения гайморита в качестве жидкости для
washing the nasal sinuses at least 3 times a day.
- For the treatment of cracks on the heels, make fifteen minute foot
baths from calculating 1 liter of broth for 3 liters of water.
- To improve skin tone, eliminate small wrinkles decoction
freeze the decoction in ice tins and make tonic
rub in the morning and evening before applying the basic care.
- Used to treat chronic alcoholism if desired.
rights to get rid of craving for alcohol. Strong broth – 4 tbsp.
400 ml of boiling water is poured over the dry Hypericum and insist for half an hour on
water bath, cooled. Take 2 tbsp. morning and evening before
meal not less than 14 days.
One part of dry grass is poured with seven parts of vodka or
diluted medical alcohol, leave for three days in the dark
place Apply in a mixture with water: 1 tsp. tinctures diluted in 50 ml
water. Scope of application: rinsing of an oral cavity, inhalation,
In the usual teapot pour no more than 1 tsp. dry grass
and pour 1 cup boiling water. To improve the taste can
add dry berries, lime blossom, confiture or honey. Applied
tea as a prophylactic as well as strengthening
immunity during its seasonal decline or after suffering
There are several recipes for making butter:
- With inflammations of the oral mucosa
Dried grass in a ratio of 1: 1.5 insist on vegetable
oil about 5 days. The finished product is used to treat
diseases of the oral mucosa, including bacterial infections
(gingivitis, stomatitis, sore throat).
- In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
Fresh flowers of Hypericum (30 g) crushed in a mortar, pour 2
glasses of olive oil, stir and pour into a container of
light glass, leave it for 5 days in a warm place without closing
(for fermentation), occasionally stirring the contents. Then cover
cover and 5 weeks left in the sun. By week 6 oil should
get a bright red color. The water layer should be separated and
Pour into a container of dark glass. Is taken orally for 1 hour.
spoon in the morning and in the evening
gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, gastric ulcer and 2 duodenal ulcer
- For external use
One part of dry flowers is drawn in two parts.
vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, almond) in
for 3 weeks. The finished oil is used for cooking
oil compresses for healing, ulcers, burns or wounds on the stage
regeneration, with lumbago (shot), rheumatoid arthritis,
insect bites, as well as for the rejuvenation of aging skin in
as a weekly care.
One part evaporated extract or dry powder of Hypericum
mixed with two parts of vaseline. Used for grinding with
treatment of sprains, bruises, myalgias.
Treatment with St. John’s Wort – official medicine
Зверобой используется в качестве фитопрепарата из dry grass
plants, and also acts as a component of drugs. AT
показаниях к применению dry grass зверобоя указаны следующие
- diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary ducts (dyskinesia, increased
gas formation, hepatitis, cholecystitis, diarrhea);
- inflammation of the oral mucosa (pharyngitis,
angina, stomatitis, gingivitis);
- depressive states – in numerous studies
high and more persistent drug efficacy confirmed
Hypericum for treating depressive disorders versus
action of traditional antidepressants synthetic
origin (Imipramine, Amitriptyline).
Bada, herbal remedies based on raw materials Hypericum for treatment
depression and anxiety disorders improve mood
and eliminate anxiety without causing drowsiness and lethargy, i.e.
can be used when precision work and control is needed
|Negrustin||Helarium Hypericum||Deprim, Deprim Forte 170-200 rub.||Optimistin 150 rub.||Neuroplant 250 rub.||Doppelgerts Nervotonic 400 rub.|
Contraindications for Hypericum
- Pregnancy and lactation – strictly prohibited to use
plant for internal use. Moreover, during these periods it is permissible
local or external use of plant preparations.
- Photosensitization – avoid UV radiation (staying on
sun, solarium, UV lamps) for 2 weeks (see allergy to
- Organ transplantation – can not be used and planning
transplant, and transferred it.
- Reception of oral contraceptives (see for and against
- Serious mental illness, including severe
- Severe hypertension.
- Children age – up to 12 years.
Any medicinal plant has a complex chemical composition,
contains microdoses of toxic and harmful substances, negatively
affecting the liver and the body as a whole, therefore overdose
and prolonged treatment is not acceptable. ATозможно развитие следующих
- Allergic reactions: rash, itchy skin, eczema, increases
sensitization to animal hair, skin pigmentation,
- From the side of the central nervous system: headaches,
- Digestive system: abdominal pain, nausea, dryness
mouth, constipation or diarrhea, loss of appetite, anorexia.
- Organs of blood formation: iron deficiency anemia.
- Despite the weak toxicity of Hypericum preparations, long-term
use (more than 1 month) can lead to pain in the liver and
bitterness in the mouth.
- Also, St. John’s wort negatively affects the potency in men and leads
to reduce it with prolonged use.
- Antidepressants – when combined with citalopram,
fluoxetine, sertraline, paroxetine aggravates hemolytic
reactions, as well as serotonin syndrome – (irritability,
anxiety, nausea, tremor, sweating, dizziness,
headache), leading to an exacerbation of the clinic, migraine,
hallucinations convulsions up to coma. Therefore, the interval between
these preparations and hunters should be more than 2
- Antibiotics – accelerated removal of the drug from the body and
weakening of the antimicrobial effect.
- Anticoagulants – reduced action, increases the risk
- Cyclosporine – reduces its concentration in the blood.
- Cardiac glycosides – impaired effectiveness, reduces
digoxin blood concentration.
- The drug “Indinavir” used for therapy
ATИЧ-инфицированных – снижение концентрации в крови в 2 раза.
- Anesthetics – increases or decreases their effect.
Shortens sleep caused by barbiturates and lengthens
sleep caused by narcotic analgesics and drugs for general
- Theophylline – increases the rate of theophylline metabolism.
- Hypericum enhances the photosensitizing effect of such
drugs like quinolones, thiazide diuretics, tetracyclines,
sulfonamides, piroxicam, etc.
Thus, combine the Hypericum with the specified groups
drugs can not be.
Harvesting and storage of Hypericum
The optimal time of harvesting raw materials – the very beginning of flowering.
The stems are cut close to the ground, tied into small bunches and dried.
in limbo in the shadows. Keep St. John’s wort can be in cardboard
boxes or bags of paper or cloth up to 24 months.
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог