Update: December 2018
The most common off-season diseases are orz (ARVI),
flu, often called colds. This trinity in the autumn and spring
time causes malaise in 90% of the population from mild to severe
clinical manifestations with complications. Since Orvi and Flu
are viral infections, they have many common symptoms and
- ARVI is the common name for any respiratory viral infection, and
flu is only one of these representatives.
- With influenza, outbreaks of epidemics and pandemics usually occur, and
Harvi only slightly increases the incidence.
- Influenza, unlike orz, is more severe with frequent
Orvi includes the following diseases:
- Rhinovirus and adenovirus infection
- Respiratory syncytial disease
What is the difference between flu and cold? The most important difference in
that after a cold, in a week the person is completely
restores and begins to maintain its normal rhythm of life, not
remembering the recent ailment.
After the flu, the recovery period is delayed by
for a long time, over the next month a person may
to experience the effects of a postponed flu, the body is much
suffers more, the immune system takes longer to
Asthenic syndrome or simply loss of power may occur in
recover from the flu in the form of blood pressure drops,
dizziness, loss of appetite, a person quickly gets tired,
feels weak. Tips on how to recover from the flu
read our article.
Differences between ARVI and influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus infection and
What is called a cold in everyday life is the same
viral infections or bacterial complications that
flare up on the background of hypothermia and the fall of the local and general
immunity. So no one will take a cold from ORVI.
A person with good immunity has flu in the lungs or
moderate severity. The most severe flu is flowing
toddlers and elderly people whose immune system is underdeveloped
or depressed. For these groups, the characteristic abrasion of the main
symptoms, for example, the absence of a bright temperature reaction.
- Flu характеризуется выраженной интоксикацией (ломотой в
muscles and joints, headaches, pain in the eyeballs,
sometimes – nausea and vomiting, chills, weakness).
- Flu temperatures can range from subfebrile (to
37.5) to pyretic (up to 41). Средняя продолжительност
fever from 2 to 7 days.
- Against the background of high temperature, children may have febrile
- The characteristic manifestations of the flu is laryngotracheitis (
throat, his hoarseness, dry strong cough, soreness when coughing
sternum) and runny nose with mucous discharge.
- In the future, may join the clinic of bronchitis (wet
cough with clear sputum that may turn yellow or
green when joining a bacterial infection).
- In debilitated patients, the flu may be complicated by inflammation.
легких или сердечно-легочно
й недостаточностью .
Parainfluenza назван так из-за сходных с гриппом проявления. All that
intoxication. Temperature rises, laryngotracheitis clinic and
runny nose At the same time, after a period of mucous discharge from the eyes
microbial flora may join, and conjunctivitis will become
Parainfluenza — его протекание не так ярко как при гриппе,
body temperature is usually not more than 38C, and lasting 1-2
day, in patients with a strong immune system, the temperature may
to be subfebrile 37-37.5C. Dry cough and sore throat
characteristic of influenza and parainfluenza, can also be observed
hoarseness or lack of voice.
- Acute onset is the same as with the flu, the temperature can be
up to 39C lasting up to 7 days.
- Intense rhinitis and sore throat like a flu from the very
the onset of the disease.
- Rezi and pain in the eyes may appear on day 4 – so begins
adenoviral conjunctivitis. However, after a period of mucous
microbial flora may come off the eye, and
conjunctivitis станет purulent.
- Throughout the disease, lymph nodes are enlarged, also
possible violation of the gastrointestinal tract, the most formidable complication –
Интересный факт: в воздухе вирус гриппа живет 2-9 часов,
on glass 10 days, on fabrics 10 hours, on paper products 12
hours, on human skin 15 minutes, on plastic and metal
items 1-2 days in sputum (if the flu virus was in it)
lasts 7-14 days.
What is the difference between flu and Orvi
Многие из нас не знают как отличить грипп от colds. In the table
A list of symptoms that occur with these
diseases to varying degrees, so everyone can try
самостоятельно отличить грипп от орви или colds.
|Onset of the disease||Very sharp, acute beginning, literally in an hour a person loses
forces him to become ill from a sharp rise in temperature
|Gradually, symptoms appear within 1-2 days.|
|Body temperature||Within 1-2 hours the temperature rises to 39 ° C and 40 ° C,
it lasts at least 3 days, it is difficult to reduce
antipyretic drugs (for children)
|When Orvi temperature does not happen above 38 -38.5 C, for 2-3
days it decreases (see whether to churn the temperature of the child)
|Other common symptoms||Severe headache, especially in the temples, muscle pain, aches
throughout the body, increased sweating, chills,
photosensitivity, pain when moving eyes
|Brokenness, weakness, but without pronounced pain|
|Nasal congestion, runny nose||Nasal congestion does not occur, only in people with chronic
diseases of the nasopharynx, sinusitis, sinusitis, perhaps their
aggravation. In other cases, as a rule, a runny nose passes.
in 2 days. There may also be sneezing (less often) and viral
|Often lays the nose, swelling nasal mucosa,
tearing is very high, severe runny nose and intense
|Throat condition||The back of the throat and the soft palate turn red and swell.||Red and loose throat all the time of illness.|
|The state of the mucous membranes – raids||Can not be||May be|
|Cough, chest pain||After 2 days, a dry cough appears, which then becomes
wet (see dry cough without temperature in adults – causes). With
swine flu dry strong cough can start from the first hours
|A dry, hacking cough from the onset of the disease may be
weak, and perhaps pronounced (see why a dry cough does not
|Swollen lymph nodes||Usually does not happen||May be|
|Red eyes||It happens often||Rarely, with concomitant bacterial infection|
|Disorders of the digestive tract||In children, often the flu is accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea, in adults
there may also be nausea, more rarely diarrhea.
|Vomiting and bowel problems are rarely|
|Duration of illness||High temperature lasts up to 4-5 days. Usually within 7-10
days the flu goes away, even after the temperature has fallen
experiencing ailments, headaches, weakness, for 14-21
day after suffering the flu.
|Orvi usually does not last more than a week, and after fatigue disease,
broken people usually do not feel weakness
How to help cope with the flu, orvi or cold
Now it becomes clear how the flu differs from HIV,
или банальной colds. But, it’s not easier, Orvi, flu and 90%
colds — это вирусные заболевания и тяжесть протекания болезни
directly depends on the body’s defenses, the immune response to
specific pathogen. To alleviate the inevitable disease,
should follow the basic rules of therapy for the virus and
- The pharmaceutical industry is full of all kinds
immunomodulators, antiviral drugs for ARVI and flu,
which today may be dummies or means
which have significant side effects that not taking them
not only effective, but not safe.
- Rimantadine and Tamiflu – effectiveness with the flu of these drugs
considered proven. Therefore, in the period of the epidemic during the first
symptoms of influenza (including swine flu) should be taken by adults:
Rimantadine (influenza A) or Tamiflu (influenza A and B), children: Orvirem
(rimantadine), Tamiflu (over 8 years old).
- If the temperature is up to 38 ° C and can be tolerated, then it’s best not
knock it down because at this time the body produces antibodies
against the causative agents of the virus, and it is very important to further
the virus could not lead to complications.
- To relieve symptoms of intoxication, you should drink as much as possible.
more warm liquid. It sounds trite, but precisely
plenty of hot drink with the virus, is able to quickly remove
toxins from the body and recovery occurs faster. You can drink
weakly brewed tea with raspberries, honey, herbal teas, rosehip broth
and so forth
- Gargling with sore throat and flu are no different, therefore
should as often as possible gargle with various decoctions and
finished medicinal compositions, as well as various useful
inhalations that help prevent the development of complications
lower respiratory tract – inhalation with bronchitis and
- Strengthen the body’s defenses
natural vitamin therapy – black currant, raspberry, lemon,
шиповник, клюква and so forth
- Withем антибиотиков при вирусных инфекциях, конечно же, не
advisable (see 11 rules on how to take antibiotics correctly).
However, if within 3-4 days a person is not relieved,
or the temperature after falling again rose to high numbers,
a doctor should be called as this may indicate development
complications and joining of bacterial infection – sore throat,
воспаление легких, гайморит and so forth
- About how to properly treat colds in a child, as well as about
antibiotics for colds, read our articles.
- What to eat and drink if sick? There is no
�“Antiviral” drinks or food, but activate the immune
- fruit drinks (cranberries, currants, raspberries, lingonberries), but not sweet,
because excess sugar interferes with the removal of the virus
- natural dairy products (better than homemade
yogurt production, sour milk)
- citrus (oranges, lemon, lime, grapefruit), as well as kiwi.
Витамин С и пектины, которыми они богаты, снижают риск
stagnation and help phlegm from the lungs.
- easily digestible proteins – fish, rabbit, turkey, chicken breast,
- fruit drinks (cranberries, currants, raspberries, lingonberries), but not sweet,
- It is not necessary to have strict bed rest with the flu,
enough “house arrest”. Moreover, prolonged lying may
harm because the ventilation of the bronchi and lungs is reduced and
possible stagnation. Of course, if weakness or
dizziness, better lie down. Infection tends to drop
top to bottom of the airway so the risk of pneumonia and bronchitis
higher for those who “sit out” the flu without getting out of bed.
The flu virus is contagious for approximately 7 days after infection,
so even if there is no coughing and you do not sneeze, you should not appear on
work, crooked children should also be at home
week, until full recovery.
Immediate help should be called if:
- Body temperature above 40C
- Fever lasts more than 3 days
- There is no improvement after 7-10 days of illness, especially if it was
slight relief, a drop in temperature, and then a new wave
fever, cough, etc.
- If you have shortness of breath and severe chest pain when breathing
- Disorientation, loss of consciousness or impairment of consciousness
- Seizures that have developed for the first time or seizures on the background
- Rash on legs or buttocks in the form of fresh purple bruises
(meningococcus under the guise of SARS)
- Persistent vomiting and diarrhea, especially it is dangerous in children (see all
medication for diarrhea)
- Intense pain in the face and severe headaches (see
causes of headache in the forehead)
- Persons over 60, people with chronic kidney disease,
liver, heart, diabetes, blood disorders,
autoimmune or immunodeficiency states.
Flu and Orvi Prevention
- During the epidemic, avoid places of large concentrations of people in
indoor areas (children’s parties, cinemas, theaters,
- After the street, travel by public transport wash thoroughly
hands with soap, wash your face, wash your nose (you can spray with sea water
water and salts). Wash your hands or wipe your hands as often as possible.
antibacterial wet wipes.
- Do not forget to disinfect mobile phones and other
wearable devices and gadgets. Many people forget about it or not
think, and after all the cell phone during the day very often
is in the hands.
- Before going outside, lubricate the nasal mucosa
leukinferon or oxolinic ointment, which creates additional
barrier to viruses.
- Influenza (any, not only swine) is one of the 5 most contagious
diseases in the world. Take care of yourself and your loved ones, as well as colleagues
-переносите встречи, не ходите на работу, в гости, если
- Gauze dressings do not protect 100%, viruses are so small
that through the smallest pores they are able to penetrate. But masks are good
as an additional tool if you have to communicate a lot and
move. Because the outdoors risk of infection
minimal, do not torture yourself, walking in a park in a mask, wear
it is only in a place where people gather or in transport.
- Ventilate the room (apartment, office) for 10-15 minutes 2-3
p / day, despite the cold. The flu does not like the cold for him
optimally – dry air, heat, lack of ventilation.