Parents are often interested in how much their children should
sleep. An adult feels like he slept, can count
the approximate time of your sleep, determine for yourself when it is time
go to bed to be vigorous in the morning. But what about
Each person’s sleep is individual, like the others.
physiological processes. Each child has his own
sleep and wakefulness. So make the child go to bed and
get up at a certain time, which is considered the “norm” –
useless and even cruel. Nevertheless, doctors have calculated quite
specific bedtime that children need to be healthy. AT
reality, these figures differ from the statistical slightly –
plus or minus 1 hour
Sleep rate for children depending on age
Newborns can sleep up to 20 hours a day. The fact is that in
during the first month of life in the body crumbs occur complex
processes that require a lot of strength and energy.
Sleep rate changes as you get older
- 1 month – 15-18 hours (8-10 hours at night and 6-9 hours during the day, daytime dreams –
3-4 or more);
- 2 months – 15–17 h (8-10 h at night and 6-7 h during the day, 3-4 days
- 3 months – 14–16 hours (9–11 hours at night and 5 hours during the day, 3–4 days
- 4-5 months – 15 hours (10 hours at night and 4-5 hours during the day, 3 days
- 6-8 months – 14.5 hours (11 hours at night and 3.5 hours during the day, 2-3 days
- 9-12 months – 13.5–14 hours (11 hours at night and 2-3.5 hours during the day, 2
- 1-1.5 years – 13.5 hours (11-11.5 hours at night and 2-2.5 hours during the day, 1-2
- 1.5-2 years – 12.5–13 hours (10.5–11 hours at night and 1.5-2.5 hours during the day, 1
- 2.5-3 years – 12 hours (10.5 hours at night and 1.5 hours during the day, 1 day
- 4 years – 11.5 hours, baby’s sleep is not necessary anymore;
- 5-6 years old – 11 hours; the baby does not have to sleep during the day;
- 7-8 years – 10.5 hours of night sleep;
- 9-10 years old – 9.5-10 hours of night sleep;
- 11-12 years old – 9.5-10 hours of night sleep;
- from 12 years old – 9-9.5 hours of night sleep.
Calculate how much your baby sleeps is easy. Notice time
his sleep for several days (without taking into account the time of lying in
crib and feedings). Then calculate the average daily
As the baby matures, the duration of his healthy
sleep at night decreases. ATзрослым для хорошего самочувствия
enough sleep about 8 hours a day.
How to understand that the baby is not getting enough sleep?
Until the age of 6 months, children fall asleep on walks, during
feedings, in wheelchairs – anywhere, when they want to take a nap.
After six months, some facts may already indicate that
the child is not getting enough sleep:
- the baby falls asleep in the car or stroller immediately after the start of the movement
(such a dream is not healthy and of high quality – it is superficial and
caused only by overwork, and after stopping transport
- in the mornings, the child gets up later than 7.30 (in children, biological
the clocks are arranged so that it is best for them to wake up from 6 to
7.30 – in this case they will be sleepy and with good
- pussy wakes up regularly before 6 am (this also indicates
problems with sleep and overwork, so it makes no sense to send
children in bed later, so they got up later);
- the baby constantly falls asleep and wakes up in tears (this is another
evidence that the child is sent to the crib and is not awakened
when he needs).
Signs of lack of sleep are the same for young children and teenagers.
They become irritable, show aggression and often
are naughty. Also there is chronic fatigue if the child
may suddenly fall asleep or lie down in the afternoon and sleep until the next
in the morning.
Remember that a healthy sleep of the right length is not important.
only for the good mood of your child. He also contributes
strengthening of immunity, harmonious development, improvement of physical
abilities and intelligence.
We also read:
- When kids start sleeping all night
- Why a child under one year does not sleep well at night: how to fix a dream
- Why does a newborn baby shudder in his sleep?
- how to put the baby to sleep without tears and whims