- What it is?
- What is the duration of the show
glucose tolerance test?
- Consequences of pregnant diabetes
- How to prepare for glucose tolerance test?
- How is the glucose tolerance test?
- Research results
- Treatment of gestational diabetes
All women preparing to become a mom, spend
glucose tolerance test during pregnancy. Sugar content
or deviations from it indicate the sensitivity of the organism
to glucose. With the help of the test, you can even diagnose a hidden form.
diabetes and take timely measures for treatment.
What it is?
The glucose tolerance test (sugar load) is a study
крови на толерантность to glucose. Why spend GTT at
pregnancy? During this period, the body experiences increased loads.
on all organs and systems. As a result, the future mother can
exacerbate the diseases already present and manifest hidden.
Such pathology is gestational diabetes (so-called
pregnant diabetes), which is diagnosed in 15% of pregnant women.
During pregnancy, the pancreas should produce
more insulin than usual. It is necessary for normal
fetal development. In gestational diabetes, insulin is produced in
smaller quantities so the level of sugar in the body
Women are wondering: the required glucose tolerance test
or not? Not everyone wants to expose the body to additional
load. Ideally, every pregnant woman should be screened for
Mandatory glucose tolerance test prescribed
- Have excess weight.
- Have relatives with diabetes.
- Faced with an increase in sugar in the previous
- Strongly gain weight during pregnancy.
- We gave birth to children weighing more than 4.5 kg.
- Sugar is found in urine.
- Blood sugar level exceeds 5 m / mol.
- Diagnosed polyhydramnios.
to content ↑
What is the duration of the show глюкозотолерантного
For women at risk, glucose tolerance test
prescribed for a period of 16-18 weeks. Then repeat at 24-25 week and
no later than 32 weeks. Since the late conduct represents
serious danger to the child.
The remaining pregnant women are shown a study on
glucose tolerance between 24 and 28 weeks.
Contraindications to conduct are:
- Surgery on the stomach.
- Strong toxicosis.
- Risk of miscarriage.
- Exacerbation of pancreatitis.
- The acute period of an infectious disease.
- Inflammatory processes in the acute phase.
Article in topic: Top 12 products containing folic acid
Consequences of pregnant diabetes
Glucotest is considered an important research method, because the hidden
diabetes poses a serious danger to the unborn baby and for
- Early diabetes can cause a miscarriage or
improper development of the vital organs of the child: heart,
- In the later period, the disease becomes the cause of increased growth and
great weight baby.
- After birth, the baby will have low sugar levels.
- The child will manifest diabetic fetopathy. Signs of her
are: disproportionate body, large weight, jaundice, violation
- There is a risk of obesity of the child.
- Your baby may have diabetes.
A woman’s high sugar levels may persist after
childbirth. Then there is the risk of developing true diabetes.
to content ↑
How to prepare for glucose tolerance test?
To ensure accurate results can be provided
proper preparation for glucose tolerance test:
- Avoid stressful situations and physical
нагрузок за несколько дней до теста.
- Не курить накануне исследования
- За сутки исключить употребление сладких
сиропов, кортикостероидных средств.
- Накануне употреблять обычную пищу с нормальным
- За 10 часов не употреблять никакую пищу и
напитки. It is allowed to drink clean water.
to content ↑
How is the glucose tolerance test?
The glucose tolerance test is performed early in the morning on an empty stomach. For this
делают забор венозной blood.
- 1 этап. Fasting blood to determine
sugar levels. If its level is elevated, further research is not
held. The test is transferred to another day.
- Stage 2 Woman drinks glucose solution (80
grams of glucose per 250 ml of water).
- 3 этап. Repeated blood collection in an hour.
- 4 stage. Blood sampling after 2 hours.
If necessary, blood is taken even after 3 hours. All this time
the woman must be in the laboratory, do not expose themselves
to content ↑
The following norms of glucose tolerance test are accepted:
- On an empty stomach in the first portion of blood – no more than 6 m / mol.
- When re-sampling – no more than 10 m / mol.
- After 2 hours – no more than 8.5 m / mol.
- After 3 hours – no more than 7 m / mol.
In other words, after taking a large amount of sugar, it
the blood level rises sharply, and after two hours
bounces back. It is natural the reaction of a healthy organism.
If there are problems, the sugar level will remain
Article in the topic: The norm of glycated hemoglobin in sugar
diabetes. What do the test results mean?
The diagnosis of gestational diabetes is made by the following indicators
sugars in venous plasma:
- fasting – more than 7m / mol;
- after 2 hours – above 8.8 m / mol;
- in three hours – more than 10 m / mol.
False positive results of the glucose tolerance test may
to be fixed in case of improper preparation for
Repeat the test to validate the diagnosis.
in 15-20 days. If results are also enhanced, then
diabetes pregnant confirmed.
However, not all cases increase glucose
свидетельствует о сахарном diabetes. This may be a sign.
the following disorders in the body:
- increased secretion of the pancreas;
- increased secretion of adrenal hormones;
- thyroid pathology;
- long-term use of glucocorticosteroid drugs.
Sugar level too low (hypoglycemia) is rare and
может быть связан с превышением дозы инсулина при diabetes.
to content ↑