2-3 years is the period of replacing infant hair with more
adults who are scientifically called “intermedial.” These
intermediate hair due to its fine structure and fragility
require proper care. We read below what and how to wash your hair
Adult terminal hair begins to grow in adolescence
a period when hormonal changes occur in a child’s body
(during puberty of the child under the influence of sexual
hormones). Simultaneously with the change of hair on the head begins
hair growth of armpits and pubis. A little later
teenage boys making their first light down chin
and above the upper lip.
How to choose baby shampoo
Since children’s intermediate hairs are too thin and brittle, and
the skin on the child’s head is sensitive to the choice of the child’s
shampoo should be treated very carefully. Before you buy in
shampoo store, you need to remember that one tagging “children
shampoo is not enough. You need to carefully read the composition
shampoo Doctors-trichologists (hair specialists) upon purchase
It is advised first to pay attention to the following:
- Indicators of acid-base balance (PH). In baby shampoo
they range from 4.5 to 5.5 – this is a mild acidic environment;
- Baby hair should be washed only hypoallergenic.
- Useful additives in children’s shampoos: nettle, calendula,
daisy, a series. Extracts from these herbs are anti-inflammatory.
properties. Shampoo manufacturers also add extracts from
lavender, sea buckthorn or peach;
- Shampoos on soapy are considered ideal for children’s hair.
basis, but such funds on sale are less common. Most often in
The composition of the means for washing hair are Surface Active
Substances (surfactants) that adversely affect the delicate skin of babies.
You can determine the amount of surfactants by the way the shampoo foams. Than
more foam when washing, the more harmful substances. Shampoo with
the minimum number of surfactants or without them foams very much
- Surfactants in the shampoo: laureth sulfate (sodium laureth
sulfate), lauryl, cocamidopropyl betaine, cocoate glycerate and
- The composition of the baby shampoo should not include emulsifiers,
denoted PEG-8, PEG-80, PEG-150. They are considered carcinogenic and
dangerous to the health of the child, as they can provoke the development
- Some manufacturers instead of artificial surfactants add to
natural emulsifiers shampoos: beeswax, candelilla wax,
jojoba. These shampoos price is more expensive, but they can be safely
buy for kids;
- Glycerin is also a safe supplement. But it is worth having in
mind that when the humidity in the room is less than 60-65%
lead to dry skin.
When choosing a shampoo for a child, you should consider his age. Before
three years for him to buy shampoos for babies. From 3 to 14 years
Suitable baby shampoos with herbal and vitamin supplements.
Adult shampoos, especially those that are anti-dandruff, are harmful to
children’s hair, so their use is prohibited.
To strengthen the baby’s hair, make it strong and shiny,
after washing children’s hair with shampoo, you can rinse them with decoction
chamomile, nettle, hypericum, burdock or oregano.
Instead of industrial shampoos, you can use natural
means, such as egg yolk with various additives.
How to wash your hair
Children’s hair is washed almost the same as adults, but at the same time
need to follow some rules. The whole process should
happen like this:
- Wet the child’s hair with warm water;
- Apply a small amount of shampoo to your palm and lather.
him by adding some water;
- Apply foam on the head of the child massage circular
movements, moving from forehead to back of the head;
- Rinse the shampoo with a jet of warm water from the shower. rinse need
- After using the shampoo, it is helpful to rinse the baby’s hair.
decoction of herbs: chamomile, nettle, burdock root (it strengthens the roots
hair). It will strengthen and heal hair. Keep in mind if the child
blond, chamomile decoction can make hair yellow;
- Washed hair slightly squeeze and not wiping wrap your head
- Do not use a dryer for drying children’s hair – this leads to their
drying and brittleness;
- In order not to wash off the child’s natural grease of hair, do not
should often wash his head. Once or twice a week is quite
We also read:
- How to wash your hair ребенку без слез и капризов: 11 советов + видео
- My head with pleasure: 7 sure ways to persuade
baby wash your hair without tears
- What means and how often should a baby’s head be washed before
of the year
- Top 10 products to care for your baby
Lyudmila Sharov – Lessons for moms. How to wash your hair
новорожденному to kid. How to wash the head of a newborn
so that the child does not cry and is not afraid of this procedure.