Update: November 2018
Rhodiola rosea (pink, golden root) – grassy
perennial plant of the Crassula family. Has a distinctive
Feature: root and rhizome of bronze or old gilding with
noticeable pearl luster, thanks to which it received its
the second “precious” name. The plant is listed in the Red Book
It is found in regions with a temperate and cold climate, including
Great Britain, North America and Ireland, growing well on
Alpine mountain meadows (in the Pyrenees, Alps, Carpathians), found
in Kazakhstan, grown in China, Bulgaria, India. In Russian
The Federation is found in the Altai and the Urals, in the mountainous regions of the Far
East, Eastern and Western Siberia, in the polar regions of Yakutia,
on the coasts of the Barents and White seas. Plant is undemanding
light and heat, but needs abundant moisture. Growing on the rocks
and rocky placers in the plain of the tundra, on the banks of mountain rivers and
It has long been used in folk and official medicine in
as an effective adaptogen that increases resistance to
adverse environmental factors as well as stimulant work
CNS. Included in the group of adaptogens, combines and competes with
eleutherococcus and ginseng.
Rhizome horizontal, powerful, covered with cork brown
(Bronze) color, has thin adventitious roots. On a break
the root is white, has a bitter-astringent taste, is distinguished by a special
aroma, similar to the smell of roses.
Most often the plant has several (10-15 pieces) not branched.
upright stems, height 10-40 cm, rarely there is only one
stem. The leaves are alternate, sit on the stems, have
oblong-ovate, elliptical or pointed shape with
solid or serrate-toothed top.
Flowering occurs in June-July, the fruits reach maturity in
July-August. The inflorescence is many-flowered, has a corymboid shape.
Flowers yellow same-sex, four-, less often five-membered. Fruit
are erect mnogolistvki green.
Propagated by seeds and vegetatively.
Collection, harvesting and reproduction
For the future, harvest the root of Rhodiola Rose (plant age 3-4
of the year). Do it in the period from late July to September. The roots
scooped up, carefully washed from the ground particles in cool water,
clear of brown cork and rotten, dry areas. Cut through
rhizome into pieces, each 10 cm long and dried them at T
50 degrees in the dryer.
The finished raw material on a fracture has a pinkish or white color. If
on the break root of brown shade – it is unsuitable for use,
because it loses its beneficial properties. Store dry raw materials in
холщовых мешочках, в темном place Shelf life – 3 years.
Most often the plant is propagated by seed: planted at the end
fall or winter in a crate with nutrient soil, ensuring good
ventilation (expanded clay is placed on the bottom). Soil pre
moistened with a weak solution of potassium permanganate, slightly compacted. Seeds
evenly spread over the surface and slightly pressed, fall asleep
soil (layer of 2 mm), cover with a film and put on the balcony. In March
transfer the box to a warm, lighted place, and after a couple of days
seedlings will appear. They can be transplanted when two real ones appear.
You can multiply the plant (which is at least 2 years old)
dividing the rhizome into 2 parts, which are planted in prepared
humus wells, compost is also laid on top, leaving kidneys
renewals on the surface.
At the root of the plant contains more than 140 useful elements
which determine the complex positive action.
- Phenols and their derivatives: tyrosol, salidroside. Strengthened
the circulatory system protects the vessels from constriction. Obstructed
- Carbohydrates: glucose, fructose, sedoheptulose, sucrose. Participate
in the energy exchange;
- Organic acids:
- oxalic (stimulates gastric secretion and work
- malic (normalizes digestion, improves the condition of blood vessels,
improves vision and is involved in metabolism)
- amber (neutralizes free radicals, reduces the level
uric acid, restores joint mobility, stimulates
- lemon (increases appetite, stimulates cell renewal,
- oxalic (stimulates gastric secretion and work
- Terpenoids: Rosiridin, Rosiridol. Повышают резистентность
- Flavonoids: kaempferol, astragalin, 7-rhamnoside kaempferol,
Rhodioline, Tricine, Rhodionine, 5-Glucoside and Tricine 7-Glucoside,
Rhodiosin, Acetylrodalgin, 8-methylgerbacetin. Reduce permeability
blood vessels, normalize blood pressure and heart rate, reduce
intraocular pressure, are involved in the process of bile formation,
stimulate the function of the adrenal cortex and regulate the production of
- Glycosides. Characterized by cumulative and cardiotonic
свойствами, нормализуют работу сердечно-сосудистой system.
Оказывают успокаивающее и диуретическое act;
- Trace elements: silver, copper, manganese, zinc, participating in
vital important processes;
- Anthraquinones. Strengthen immunity, participate in the formation of
immune cells. Have a laxative effect;
- Coumarins. They have anticancer, anticoagulant and
anticoagulant effects. Affect the genetic apparatus
tumors, thereby inhibiting the ability of cells to
- Essential oil. Possesses bactericidal, antiseptic,
anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, wound healing,
- Tannins. Change the structure of proteins and participate in
forming a protective albuminous film possessing
bactericidal or bacteriostatic action. Render astringent
- Alkaloids. They have antispasmodic, hemostatic,
analgesic, sedative and hypotensive action;
- Sterols. Reduce cholesterol, strengthen
cardiovascular system, increase immunity, affect the quality
and the number of helper cells that protect against the development of autoimmune
- Aromatic compounds: Rosavin, Rosin, Rosarin, Cinnamon
alcohol. Improve the work of the central nervous system.
Aliphatic alcohols with
straight chain and monoterpene hydrocarbons. The composition of the essential oil
varies depending on the place of plant growth.
The aboveground part of the plant is saturated with organic acids.
(apple, lemon, sorrel, amber), phenols and their
derivatives, phenol carboxylic acids (gallic, caffeic),
coumarins, tannins, flavonoids.
Golden root (Rhodiola) is characterized by many beneficial
- is a powerful antioxidant and adaptogen;
- protects the body against the development of cancer and
prevents tumor metastasis;
- increases blood pressure;
- improves heart function;
- fights pathogens;
- has anti-inflammatory effects;
- promotes biliary excretion;
- stops bleeding;
- restores the body after overwork, well
- has a tonic effect and increases resistance
organism to the influence of adverse environmental factors;
- possesses neuroprotective action;
- stimulates the central nervous system;
- keeps high the energy potential of the head
- improves cognitive function;
- accelerates the course of oxidative processes;
- accelerates wound healing.
The beginning of scientific research was laid in the 60s of the 20th century.
In 1961 an expedition led by G. Krylov was conducted, in
During which scientists managed to find a plant in the mountain taiga
Altai. According to the research results, the plant was introduced into the scientific
medicine and began to be used in the form of a liquid extract,
possess adaptogenic and stimulating properties.
Numerous studies have been conducted to study
plant effects on the central nervous system. Plant preparations change
brain bioelectrical activity and improve cognitive
functions: due to increased resistance to stress factors
improves memory and the ability to memorize information.
It is reported about the positive effect of plant preparations for
eliminate the side effects of psychotropic therapy for schizophrenia.
A number of studies have proven that roseola rosea is capable
improve physical performance. In an experiment conducted
on animals (white rats), reduced speed
glycolysis, the amount of lactic acid in the muscles, preservation
high levels of phospholipids in muscles and liver, as well as sugars in
blood after 2 hours of swimming in individuals treated with the drug
The possibility of using plant preparations is also being considered.
as hepatoprotectors. On animals has been proven
effectiveness of use as a therapeutic and prophylactic
remedies for liver organ-induced lesions
Rhodiola rosea – a powerful adaptogen that has a visible
the effect after the first use of the drug! But daily
taking plant preparations without reason is impossible. Permanent
stimulation of the body, even with herbal preparations,
may lead to the opposite effect.
Rhodiola is used in many diseases and pathological
conditions, and is characterized by a range of pharmacological
properties. The most common indications for the use of drugs
- poor appetite;
- disruption of metabolic processes;
- physical and mental fatigue;
- asthenic condition after prolonged illness;
- inflammatory processes;
- allergic reactions;
- radiation damage (acute and chronic);
- reduced visual acuity;
- poor hearing;
- pulmonary tuberculosis;
- oncological diseases;
- bone fracture;
- primary and secondary amenorrhea;
- gynecological diseases (adnexitis, polycystic ovary,
- early menopause;
- late puberty;
- wounds, skin lesions, rashes, boils.
Used frequently golden root for men and women: helps
with impotence and is indicated for many diseases of the female genital
system. Preparations of the plant enhance the work of the gonads,
stimulate the ovaries and are widely used in the treatment of early
menopause. The plant has a positive effect on potency and efficiency.
its higher than that of ginseng root.
It is proved that the plant enhances the effect of cytostatics, causing
necrosis of cancer cells: the membrane, nucleus and parts of the cell are destroyed,
which leads to her death.
The unique plant has found its application in cosmetology.
Golden root extract has a positive effect on
fading, sensitive skin, improves its overall condition.
Rich biologically active compound allows you to use
plant extracts in various creams to give them stimulating
and adaptogenic properties, slowing the aging process of the skin,
increase resilience to adverse environmental factors
Cosmetics with a golden root:
- normalize metabolic processes in the skin;
- improve energy metabolism in the cells;
- accelerates skin regeneration;
- minimizes transepidermal fluid loss;
- increase the barrier function of the skin;
- slow down the aging process;
- reduce the level of depression.
The most popular cosmetics with a golden root:
day cream for sensitive skin from “Natura Siberika” cream for
face “Pure Line”, day cream “Recipes grandmother Agafi.”
Pharmaceuticals with Rhodiola Rosea
Golden root has found application in official medicine –
many drugs and dietary supplements are actively used in the treatment of a number of
diseases. Consider the most popular.
Rhodiola Liquid Extract
The drug is indicated for fatigue, neurocirculatory
Supplements recommended to raise the tone, increase
Vis Rhodiola Rose Extract Capsules
Plant complex with golden root and vitamin C,
Dry vegetable raw materials that are used for
Also, the plant is part of various herbal teas and fees.
Folk recipes with Rhodiola rosea
Folk healers have long and successfully used the preparations of the plant when
many diseases. Duration of use is set
individually, but it is recommended to take no more than 5 days in a row,
then take a seven-day break.
Golden root tincture on vodka for hypotension
- Take 50 gr. dry plant root, chop up
powder consistency, pour 2 glasses of vodka. Insist in
dark for 14 days, shake occasionally. Ready
- Take 20-30 drops 3 times a day. 30 minutes before meals.
You can start taking with 5 drops, gradually bring the volume up to
Tincture on the golden root with cold and weakness of the heart,
Nervous diseases and pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract
- Take 10 grams. roots, chop and pour 1 cup boiling water.
Leave on for 4 hours to infuse and strain.
- Take half a cup 3 times a day. Outwardly used in
as an effective wound-healing agent for treating wounds,
cuts, for rinsing the mouth with angina.
- Improves the work of the heart, blood vessels, making them more durable.
It helps with diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, uterine bleeding, with
impotence, improves thyroid function and normalizes the level
blood sugar Eliminates headache and toothache. Can
used externally to wipe the skin.
- Take 20 grams. roots, chop and pour 500 ml of boiling water,
hold on low heat for 10 min. Leave to infuse until
cool, then strain.
- Take 50 ml 3 times a day.
- It has a strong stimulating effect on the central nervous system, which
surpasses the effect of black teas and coffee. Therefore, take it every
a day is not worth it, but only when necessary.
- Take 1 tsp. root (pre-crushed) and pour 1 l
water, boil for 10 minutes. and insist another 40 min. in the warm
- Take 2-3 cups during the day (no later than 4 hours before
bedtime), if desired, add sugar or honey to the drink.
Collection to strengthen the immune system
- Take 20 grams. the roots родиолы, плодов шиповника и the roots
zamanihi Add 15 gr. hawthorn fruit, 15 gr. dry nettle,
10 gr. herb Hypericum, mix. 1 tbsp. collection pour a glass
boiling water, put on 10 minutes on a small fire. Leave for 4 hours
Infuse under the lid and strain. The diluted volume is diluted.
200 ml of boiling water.
- Take 70 ml 3 times a day.
Tincture from anemia and diseases of the female reproductive system
- It also helps with age-related breakdown, impotence,
pulmonary tuberculosis, liver pathologies and diabetes mellitus.
- Take 100 grams. измельченных the roots и залить их 400 мл хорошей
vodka. Put in a dark place for 7 days.
- Take 30-40 drops 3 times a day. 30 minutes before
Collection from colds and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
- Take in equal parts Rhodiola Rosea, Badan, blackberry leaves,
strawberries, raspberries, black currants, shrub flowers,
Hypericum flowers and thyme, mix everything. Take 3 tbsp. dry
collection and pour them 1 liter of boiling water, insist 60 minutes. Add to taste
honey or sugar.
- Take 1-2 cups per day.
- Hypertensive crisis.
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular and central nervous
- Post-influenza encephalitis.
- Children’s age up to 12 years.
- Severe excitability.
- Increased temperature.
- Individual intolerance.
It is very important to observe the dosage described in recipes or
prescribed by a doctor is a guarantee that side effects are not
will arise. Preparations are taken no later than 4 hours before departure.
go to sleep
In rare cases, the following undesirable
- discomfort in the heart;
In patients who suffer from hypotension caused by menopause,
VSD or diencephalitis, plant preparations can lead to a sharp
increase or decrease pressure, which leads to deterioration
feeling in general.
With the development of any side effects of treatment immediately
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог