Update: October 2018
Very many people do not like to take pills, not without reason
considering them harmful to the liver, kidneys, stomach and pancreas
glands. Tablets nasty chew hard to swallow, it is not clear what and
in what quantities to drink.
Then they are taken before meals, then after. Whether it’s a drop. Dripped
pipette or vial and live with a feeling made for health
Drops are a unique dosage form that, by its
the structure fits perfectly with the physiological needs of the eye
in constant cleansing and moisturizing.
In parallel, they bring in a different conjunctival sac.
medicinal substances that are simply absorbed here
and penetrate to virtually any of the eye structures and membranes.
About eye drops with broad-spectrum antibiotics and
antiseptics used to treat bacterial inflammation of the eyes
we will tell further.
How to drip eyes
- Prepare two sterile wipes.
- Thoroughly wash your hands or treat them with an antiseptic.
- Shake the vial with drops several times.
- Open drops.
- Head thrown back.
- Lower eyelid pull down.
- Turn the medicine bottle vertically downwards with the other hand.
and drip the required number of drops into the conjunctival sac behind the lower
eyelids, gently pressing with your fingers on the bottom of the bottle.
- Release the eyelid, close the eye.
- Put a sterile cloth on the closed eye.
- Gently press the inner corner of the eye with your finger and hold
a few minutes.
- Repeat the procedure for the other eye.
- Close the vial.
- In case of accidental excess of drops, you can wash
- During the course of treatment, soft lenses are not recommended.
- Lenses can be put on, fifteen minutes after
- Within half an hour after the procedure it is not recommended to sit at
steering wheel or work with increased danger equipment.
Types of drops
Eye drops for antibiotic eye inflammation are more commonly used.
for the treatment of bacterial infections, less often – for combined
viral-bacterial or fungal. Antibiotic eye drops
with antimicrobial action are called antiseptics.
All variety of antibacterial drops is divided into:
- Drugs with a narrow action (affect a specific group
- Drug broad-spectrum (universal in relation to
several infectious agents),
- Combined (combinations of antibiotic and, for example,
- Universal (for example, antiseptics).
For children, the drugs of choice are
- Sulfacyl sodium (Albucid) – a universal remedy, with small
side effects, cheap and effective.
- Vitabact and Okomistin are not antibiotics, but antiseptics, more
sparing and do not cause allergies.
- Fuzzitalmik — полициклический антибиотик, достаточно
- Tobrex is an antibiotic aminoglycoside, not expensive, only
prescribed by a doctor.
- As for eye drops with fluoroquinolone antibiotics
(Normaks, Tsiprolet, Vigomax, etc.), the question of their application in
pediatrics is not straightforward. Up to 12 years is not advisable to use.
children, although in some cases the ENT may assign them to a child even
after a year.
Drugs with one type of antibiotic
Fuzzitalmik (510 руб.) — это
These eye drops contain 2.5 mg.
Active ingredient – antibiotic fluoroquinolone moxifloxacin
Blocks the enzymatic activity of the bacteria,
When instillation of eye drops in the conjunctival sac preparation
Aminoglycoside, suitable for the treatment of bacterial
Contraindicated in case of intolerance to the active substance.
Treats, like mofloxacin, to
Indicated for the treatment of superficial infections of the eye and
Like Levofloxacin, these are eye drops.
Aminoglycoside in 5 ml vial. Breaks synthesis
Эффективность: действует на кокки, в том числе,
- Ориприм-П (Полимиксин AT и Триметоприм),
- Colbiocin (Tetracycline with Chloramphenicol and Colistimetatom
Antibiotics supplemented with glucocorticoid
- Макситрол (Полимиксин AT, Неомицин и Дексаметазон),
- Dexone (Neomycin with Dexomethasone),
- Tobradex (Tobramycin and Dexomethasone),
- Garazon (combination of Gentamicin and Betamethasone),
- Dexagamtamycin (Gentamicin + Dexamethasone),
- WITHофрадекс (Грамицидин WITH + Дексаметазон + Фрамицетин).
Price about 450 rubles. This combination of 3 mg Tobramycin and 1 mg
The universal tool of a broad spectrum is
Albucidum (sodium sulfacyl)
If the question arose: Which drops in the eye are cheaper, faster and
safer ?, – feel free to choose albumin.
Sulfacyl Sodium (Albucid)
20-50 rub. The drug in vials or pipettes is easy to use,
In persons over 65, prolonged use of albucide may result
The active ingredient of the drug is 20% or 30% sulfacetamide,
Albucidum should not be prescribed in patients receiving
The task of antiseptics is the physical elimination
infections in order to: prevent infection from penetrating deep into
organism. Antiseptic handles wounds, burns and mucous membranes
shell, including the eyes. Antiseptic drug destroys
almost all types of microorganisms:
- bacterial infection
- most viruses
- fungal infection
- and the simplest.
The advantage of this group of funds is that they do not
have a systemic effect and a little allergenic, which in turn
leads to a small number of contraindications. Since antiseptics
only have a local effect, you can use them
pregnant and lactating women, newborns. But how
known, not without its disadvantages, which is
that drugs have high local aggressiveness, which is essential
narrows their range of use.
The following antiseptics are most widely used for the eyes:
Окомистин и ATитабакт
Indications: Антисептические глазные препараты используются в
Contraindications to this drug is an allergic
Indications for treatment with antibiotics
This is an inflammation of the outer lining of the eye, accompanied by
redness, tearing, feeling of sand in the eye, photophobia
most often has an infectious nature. With бактериальном процессе
most often there is purulent discharge from the eyes (yellow or
green). Withмерами бактериального конъюнктивита становятся
staphylococcal processes, gonococcal conjunctivitis.
If conjunctivitis is viral (measles, rubella,
adenovirus infection, herpes, etc.), then discharge
слизистое и показаны противовирусные средства. Allergic
conjunctivitis requires anti-allergic drops.
AT комплексной терапии, когда присоединяется инфекция, при данных
diseases also show local antimicrobials and
Edematous forms of keratitis are often associated with gram-negative
microflora, often complicate the misuse of lenses.
Creeping corneal ulcers are associated with injuries to the shell and
secondary infection. Pathology is characterized by pain in
eyes, photophobia, eyelid spasm, reduced visual acuity, clouding
eyes, corneal ulceration. With глубоких кератитах могут
remain cicatricial changes with a persistent drop in sharpness
Speaking of uveitis, mean choroid inflammation.
eyes. AT зависимости от того, какой отдел сосудистого тракта
- Iridocyclitis is called the lesion of the anterior segment (rainbow
shell and ciliary body),
- Peripheral uveitis affects choroid, retina, ciliary
and vitreous body.
- Rear uveitis – choroiditis (inflammation of the choroid) or
chorioretinitis (inflammation of the choroid and retina).
To manifest such pathologies will become pain in the eye, photophobia,
lacrimation. reduced visual acuity or swimming dark spots
before your eyes. The basic principles of uveitis treatment coincide with such
Автор: Кривега Мария WITHалаватовна врач-реаниматолог