Update: October 2018
De-nol – an effective drug from the group of anti-ulcer
drugs that enhances the protective function of the mucous
shell of the digestive tract and helps to restore it
damage. A feature of the drug is directed
antimicrobial action against a specific ulcerative pathogen
diseases and gastritis – Helicobacter pylori.
De-nol is prescribed as a combination therapy drug.
with other antimicrobial drugs that provides high
the degree of purification of the body from bacteria (up to 95%). It is important that when
prolonged and repeated therapy does not develop resistance
microorganism to this drug.
Фармгруппа: препарат, оказывающий защитное действие на
De-nol or Novobysmol?
Novobisimol is a domestic analogue of De-nol, respectively
cheaper and affordable. Both drugs contain the same
active ingredient, have an identical mechanism of action and
intended for the treatment of gastritis and gastric ulcers.
What is the reason for the high cost of De-nol? Auxiliary
drug components that also enter the body and can
exert undesirable effects, are purified higher
degrees, which means they are safer.
Physical and chemical properties, composition, price
The drug is produced in the form of white-cream tablets without
smell (say light ammonia smell) for oral administration.
The tablets have a round biconvex shape and branded engraving:
on one side there is an inscription “gbr 152”, and on the other side
depicts a graphic pattern – a square with rounded corners and
One 120 mg tablet contains:
- 304.6 mg tri-potassium bismuth dicitrate, which is active
- auxiliary components: 23.6 mg potassium polyacrylate, 6 mg
macrogol 6000, 70.6 mg of corn starch, 17.7 mg of povidone K30,
2 mg of magnesium stearate;
- opadry OY-S-7366, which is included in the shell.
Packaging: in a blister of 8 tablets, 7 and 14 blisters in
branded cardboard packs.
Price: 56 tablets – 490-600 rubles, 112 tablets – 890-940 rubles.
Anti-ulcer drug leads to direct death.
microorganisms, i.e. bactericidal effect on bacteria
Helicobacter pylori. De-nol is also characterized by astringent and
In acidic gastric contents, insoluble bismuth compounds
citrate and oxychloride are deposited on the mucous membrane. On a surface
erosive and ulcerative lesions form a protective film in the form of
chelate compounds with protein molecules.
Taking De-nola stimulates the activity of the mechanisms
protecting cells, and enhancing the resistance of the gastric mucosa to
negative effects of hydrochloric acid, proteolytic enzyme
pepsin, as well as enzymes and bile salts. Data effects
due to the activation of the synthesis of prostaglandin E, bicarbonate and
The treatment reduces the activity of pepsinogen proferment and
Bismuth compounds from the gastrointestinal tract are very bad.
are absorbed, i.e. enter the systemic circulation at the minimum
quantity. Almost completely removed with feces, only
a small amount of bismuth is excreted by the kidneys.
Indications for use De-nola
- Exacerbation of gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer (including
caused by Helicobacter pylori);
- Exacerbation of chronic gastroduodenitis;
- Exacerbation of chronic gastritis (including
- Irritable bowel syndrome, in which of the symptoms
loose chair prevails;
- Functional dyspepsia, not related to
organic pathology of the digestive tract.
- Decompensated renal failure;
- Breastfeeding period;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Younger children up to 4 years.
- The drug is prescribed for no more than 8 weeks;
- De-nol can only be drunk with clean water;
- It is impossible to independently exceed the daily doses specified in
De-nol instructions for use;
- De-nol cannot be combined with other medicines.
- After completing the course of treatment, the concentration of bismuth in the blood
should not exceed 3-58 mcg / l. Intoxication occurs only when
plasma bismuth concentration of more than 100 µg / l;
- During therapy, fecal staining is likely to be black due to
образования сульфида bismuth;
- Perhaps darkening of the surface of the tongue during the period of treatment;
- Data on the effect of the drug on driving ability
car and control of complex mechanisms are absent.
Can De-nol be taken with alcohol?
Alcohol has no direct effect on performance.
bismuth preparations, but, being an aggressive medium for the gastrointestinal tract,
more destroys its protective barrier, which is highly undesirable when
treatment of diseases for which De-nol is indicated.
Thus, De-nol contributes to the restoration of the mucous
the lining of the digestive tract, and alcohol destroys it, reducing the effect of reception
medication. Alcohol splitting occurs in the liver cells. AT
as a result of alcohol decomposition reactions, some
intermediate toxic substances that can enhance the side
эффекты от reception Де-нола.
How to take de-nol?
During eradication of H.pilory, the drug is prescribed in combination with other
antibacterial agents that have activity against
- ATзрослые и дети от 12 лет: по 1 tab. four times a day. до reception
food (for 30 minutes) and before going to bed at night or 2 tab. twice a day.
за полчаса до reception food.
- Children 8-12 years: 1 tab. twice a day., за 30 мин до reception
- Children 4-8 years: 1-2 tab. in days in 30 minutes on food (at a dose of 2
tab. разделить на 2 reception) из расчета на 1 кг массы тела — 8 мг
Therapy course: 4-8 weeks. After completing the course can not
Take bismuth containing drugs for 8 weeks.
- ATозможно возникновение тошноты и рвоты, а также запора либо
diarrhea. Data effects временные и не представляют опасности для
- Sometimes allergic reactions occur – itching and rashes on the skin
- On the part of the central nervous system against the background of prolonged therapy in high doses
encephalopathy, which is associated with the accumulation of
bismuth in brain tissue.
With an uncontrolled increase in recommended doses possible
development of impaired renal function, which without consequences
takes place with the abolition of symptomatic therapy.
With the simultaneous reception of any drugs, as well as liquids and
food, such as fruit juices, milk, fruit, may change
pharmacological efficacy of de-nol. Therefore, the drug is prescribed
before meals. AT сочетании с тетрациклинами уменьшается их всасывание в
- Новобисмол — цена 270-300 руб. for 56 tablets of 120 mg.
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог