- When to introduce mashed potato
- Baby Potato Mashed Potatoes Recipe
A growing body needs starch and carbohydrates, so a certain age, potatoes become a must in menu of babies.
Pediatricians and nutritionists recommend this particular vegetable to parents to introduce one of the first in the child’s diet. Like other lure, potatoes for the baby should be cooked in mashed potatoes.
Cooking technology is not much different from recipes. other mashed vegetables, however, it has its own characteristics, which it will be useful for young mothers to know.
When to introduce mashed potato
Inexperienced parents often wonder when to give mashed potatoes for babies. Moms and dads are advised to start feed the baby with this indispensable vegetable after 3-6 months.
Among its invaluable useful qualities is the supply of the growing body substances that are often not enough small children:
- Helps make up for the lack of iron;
- It is a source of essential minerals and trace elements;
- Contains a complex of vitamins.
The timing when this dish is for infants is individual for every child. A number of important factors are taken into account:
- How the baby grows;
- How to gain weight;
- What is his appetite;
- Is there any meat and other vegetables in the regular diet.
Be sure to read what you can eat the child after intestinal infections.
Together with breast milk and other products, the baby receives a lot of nutrients. Therefore there is no need to feed the baby potatoes several times a day. Enough to give her in the afternoon instead of porridge to diversify the diet.
In some cases, six-month-old children are given not only food boiled but also fried potatoes. It happens when the baby switches to three meals a day.
It takes 5-6 hours between feeding when you can give mashed potato to the baby, and it manages to be digested and learn by the time of the next meal.
Beginning feed mashed potatoes to babies, parents wonder not only how many months can I give it to my child, but also in what quantities. Here are the recommendations:
- Potatoes are gradually introduced into the diet at the same time as others, already familiar to the baby, vegetables – zucchini, cauliflower;
- At three to four months of age, the baby is first given several teaspoons of mashed potatoes;
- The baby may refuse a new dish, it may be due to the fact that it turned out to be too sticky or thick.
When potato mashed potatoes are introduced on the menu, it’s important remember that the stomach of children under one year old is still difficult digests starch. The dose of such food should be strictly control.
Too much can provoke such unpleasant phenomena like:
- Food allergy;
- Abdominal pain;
- The accumulation of gases in the intestines;
Therefore, do not overfeed babies. From such food the body gets enough energy already.
Baby Potato Mashed Potatoes Recipe
The recipe for making mashed potatoes for babies, quite simple and easy to remember. It’s important that it works out. homogeneous and without lumps, and during feeding it was warm. To prepare, you will need:
- 1 large potato;
- A small bunch of greenery;
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil;
- A quarter cup of milk.
To make mashed potatoes, it’s not necessary to buy special the dishes. Highlight a separate saucepan, plate and cutlery appliances. It is undesirable to use common kitchen utensils for baby and other family members.
How to make mashed potatoes for babies:
- Tuber choose ripe, without green spots and signs of spoilage;
- Take so much to cook one serving – re-warm food for the child is not recommended;
- Before peeling, wash potatoes with peel by wiping with a brush or a hard sponge;
- Peel is removed with a thin layer – it is under it the greatest amount of nutrients;
- Soak the peeled vegetables in water for a day to remove from excess tuber starch;
- Heat an enameled pan of water, do not salt;
- Cut the potatoes into medium-sized cubes and put in boiling water, cover the pan with a lid;
- Bring to a boil over low heat, cook for 25-30 minutes;
- Finely chop the greens and add to the pan;
- Drain the water into a container and chop vegetables with a blender or wipe through a sieve;
- Dilute the mashed mass with a potato broth with milk;
- Add vegetable oil to the finished puree.
Before starting feeding, we reveal what the child is allergic to.
Learn here how to make pumpkin puree for babies. When the child is not familiar with potatoes yet, mashed potatoes can mix with products already known to babies. Healthy dish there will be a mix of mashed zucchini, cauliflower, parsley root.
To make this smoothie, take a small parsley root (the size of a small potato). A large number of such an ingredient can make food unnecessarily spicy for a baby or too sweet. Parsley is washed, peeled and cut thin slices.
If the house uses a double boiler, vegetables can be brought to readiness in it instead of boiling. Cooking time – about 30 minutes.
Soft vegetables are crushed until a homogeneous mass is formed. Need to, to make mashed potatoes liquid. To do this, add a little butter and boiled milk.
Remember some more helpful cooking tips. mashed potatoes for the baby:
- Its consistency should be more fluid than for adults – it’s easier to swallow food;
- It is better to use bottled or purified water, as the broth is useful for breeding mashed potatoes;
- From 7 months of age, mashed yolk is added hard boiled eggs;
- The first reception of mashed potatoes is limited to one teaspoon, in further, the portion for the baby is increased to 200 g;
- A pinch can be added to a 9-month-old baby salt.
That’s all the simple rules, adhering to which your baby will receive such tasty and healthy food as potato mashed potatoes for babies.