Intestinal colic is one of the most urgent problems in the first months.
baby’s life. Intestinal colic is called abdominal pain associated
with increased flatulence in the intestines of a child. It’s connected with
adaptation of the gastrointestinal tract to the new conditions
post-uterine development. The child begins to show anxiety,
which usually ends with unrestrained, prolonged crying.
The first colic in infants may appear in 2 – 4
weeks after birth and usually go to 3 months.
Колики случаются у совершенно здоровых children, которые имеют
good appetite and normal development.
The content of the article
- 1 Symptoms of colic
- 2 Causes
- 2.1 Products causing colic
- 3 Help with colic
- 3.1 When will it pass?
- 4 Massage against colic or how you can help the child
- 5 Videos: Massage with colic
- 6 Video: how to help a child with colic?
Tatyana Prokofieva (pediatrician, candidate of medical
sciences, mother of three children), tells about intestinal
Symptoms of colic
- Unreasonable concern of the child;
- The baby presses the legs to the tummy, which speaks of cutting,
cramping pains in the stomach or intestines;
- Screaming for hours, almost always
in the late afternoon, although the child had a good day
appetite and he is healthy;
- Sometimes it releases gases;
- Pallor may appear;
- Crying and anxious baby begin soon after.
- A sign of food intolerance is frequent green.
mucus stools (or, conversely, constipation).
- Incorrect feeding technique when baby is together
with milk swallows air. (how to breastfeed)
- If the baby is bottle-fed, bottle
must be at an angle of up to 45 ° so that air accumulates around her
- Overfeeding. Consumption of large amounts of milk can
to cause gas in the stomach and regurgitation. In this case,
It is better to feed the baby more often, but in small portions.
- Unsuitable mixture (See how to choose the mixture correctly).
- Wrong diet nursing mom.
- Colic is more common in children if the nursing mother smokes.
ВНИМАНИЕ, если кормящая мама при ГВ пьет чаи
containing fennel, cumin, lemon balm, anise, then colic in infants
can be avoided altogether! Keep this in mind!
Products causing colic
Breastfeeding mother who feeds the baby better
exclude from your diet:
- Spicy dishes;
- Cow’s milk and some dairy products;
- Products containing caffeine;
(См статью о питании и что можно кушать кормящей
женщине — читать статью)
If the occurrence of colic is associated with the listed products, then
после их исключения из рациона мамы колики проходят
1-2 days after their exclusion.
Help with colic
При коликах новорожденному ребенку помогут ниже
перечисленные способы, которыми родители могут заниматься в
home conditions independently without recourse to
- Before each feeding the child should be laid out on a firm
flat surface on the tummy;
- Hold the baby upright after feeding and wait for it to
- Make a warm compress with ironed diapers.
Heat the diaper with an iron and bind her baby belly. This grandma
the method is very effective during acute attacks of colic in
- Also moms can put a hot diaper on their belly, and
from above, on the heated diaper belly put down the baby.
IMPORTANT! The diaper should not be piping hot, but
then you just hurt the baby;
- Clockwise massage the tummy with light movements.
- Press his belly to his chest;
- When the baby has colic, put the baby on
back and hold your palm to his tummy;
- After feeding, give dill water;
- You can give the child tea with fennel (teas can be given starting from
- Remove the gases by the vapor tube;
- If intestinal colic bother babies on artificial
feeding, we recommend trying to replace the mixture;
- Use medications prescribed by a doctor (list
medicines for colic).
- Massage your baby’s tummy.
When will it be?
Despite anxiety and concern, parents should understand that
колики и газики — обычное явление у новорожденных,
и к 3 — 4 месяцам это пройдет, т.к. to that
времени ЖКТ ребенка будет развит уже достаточно хорошо.
We also read:
- Gazikah in infants
- Why does the baby have a tummy ache?
- Special warming belt from colic for newborns
Massage against colic or how you can help the child