- Why are joints in a baby crunching
- Is it worth it to worry?
- What to do?
- Healthy lifestyle
The long-awaited baby brings so much joy to the house. And so much worries!
From morning to night and new-born moms there are new reasons for concern: not so sniffing, not sleeping in that position, not so agooking, few or many to eat. Another such occasion is a crunch. joints in the baby.
You can hear it when you take the baby in your arms, do him a massage. Moreover, any part of the body can crunch: hips, knees, elbows, hands, forearms, back, neck. Such a crunch leads to unpleasant thoughts.
Why are joints in a baby crunching
The causes of crunch in the joints are many. In most cases, they absolutely harmless. However, sometimes such sounds in the joints indicate problems with the musculoskeletal system. Consider the main reasons for the appearance of a crunch:
- Physiological, that is, a crunch in children under one year old is a phenomenon normal. It occurs due to the immaturity of the muscle apparatus and disappears as a little man grows up.
- Growth surges and lack of joint fluid. Due to the fact that children under the age of five grow very fast, it can happen such a situation when the joints have grown, but the body has not had time to develop the necessary amount of fluid. Therefore, it sounds characteristic crunch.
- Features of the anatomical structure of the baby, genetic predisposition to late and uneven maturation articular apparatus.
- A lack of calcium and vitamin D, as a result – rickets.
- Excessive mobility of the hip joints – dysplasia.
- The inflammatory process in the joints.
Is it worth it to worry?
In children under 1-1.5 years old, a crunch in joints are the norm. But there are times when it’s worth showing anxiety and seek medical attention:
- A characteristic crunch is heard only in one arm or leg or in another part of the body;
- A crunch is heard constantly, no matter what part of the body is moving kid;
- With a crunch, the baby is naughty, crying;
- The skin in the area of the crunch turned red or swollen;
- If a crunch is heard when the baby is lying supine legs bent at the knees are bred to the sides.
What to do?
- First of all, no matter what doubts you have, do not let go the situation is “no” and visit the orthopedic surgeon.
- With rickets, 2-3 drops of vitamin D are usually prescribed, solar baths and proper diet.
- To recognize arthritis and rheumatism, you need to make special analyzes: ultrasound of the heart and blood biochemistry (donate blood to rheumatoid factor, alkaline phosphatase, C-reactive protein, total protein and creatine kinases).
- If you hear a characteristic crunch in your hip area joints – dysplasia is possible (underdevelopment of the hip joints, violation of their correct position). Immediately see your doctor to get this disease under control. The older the child, the more difficult it is to cure the disease.
The consequences of dysplasia:
- Pelvic pain;
- Impaired gait, lameness, leg tingling;
- Deformation of the legs (different lengths, different degrees mobility).
We recommend asking why the child crosses. legs.
It would also be helpful to read the storytelling because of why there are bumps on the legs of a child.
Only here you can find out what the consequences may be for child falling from the couch.
If you exclude all the diseases, but the crunch is still present, adjust the baby’s nutrition, add more products containing calcium, phosphorus and other vitamins:
- Milk products;
- Hard cheese
- Cottage cheese;
- Beans, peas;
- Dried fruits (especially raisins and dried apricots);
- Sea fish;
- Beef liver;
- Sea kale;
Also give the baby enough water. Water is responsible for the production of interarticular fluid.
And do gymnastics with your baby, do stretching exercises, you can hold it upside down (children usually delighted). Swimming also plays a good role. for the development of joints.
As you can see, you should not worry in vain. Joint Crunch babies up to a certain age are the norm of development.
However, be careful. If something bothers you, it’s better to check your child’s doctor when the joints crack baby, because the baby’s health is above all!