Breast-feeding укрепляет эмоциональную связь
between mother and baby, provides the newborn with necessary
substances forms immunity. Therefore, many women are determined
breastfeed your baby as long as possible. But often when
the emergence of lactation in young mothers there is a lot
1. Can I breastfeed my baby?
The answer is simple: succeed! Every healthy woman is capable
It is natural to feed the baby, regardless of breast size,
physique, age. For this you need the desire of the mother herself. If a
you doubt your abilities, you need to familiarize yourself with the main
breastfeeding practices, breastfeeding, and
the formation of lactation will be successful.
2. If a в первые дни не приходит молоко, нужно ли
feed the mixture? Do not feed the newborn.
In the early days of the mother colostrum is released, it has a high
nutritional value. Therefore, even a few drops
Newborn enough for satiation. In addition, when supplementing
decreases the number of attachments to the chest, which delays
the arrival of milk from the mother. Прикладывайте грудничка к груди и
as often as possible on demand and milk will arrive soon.
3. The kid loses weight – it means, is not fed up?
At discharge from the hospital, all babies weigh less than at birth.
It does not depend on the amount of milk that consumes.
newborn. Weight loss is associated with the following reasons:
- Excretion of fluid through the skin;
- Urine release;
- Discharge of original feces (meconium);
- Stress of a newborn: from a warm cozy tummy he got into
a huge unknown world.
It is considered normal to reduce weight to 10% of body weight with
birth, usually after returning home baby quickly pick up
4. How often to give the breast to the newborn?
Feed your baby on demand: offer the breast when it manifests
anxiety. In the early days, a pussy may need a breast through
every 30 minutes. When milk comes, the gaps between
feedings become longer, but not immediately regular, or
equal to 3 hours (as some believe). Feeding on demand
will provide the necessary amount of milk for the child.
5. Do I need to express milk between feedings?
When feeding on demand, additional pumping is not required.
At first, there may be more milk than the baby needs, but
over time, this will normalize. Decant milk need to
- When the crumb does not take the breast, or for health reasons
separately with the mother;
- When there is too much milk, and the milking has occurred.
glands, lactostasis or mastitis begins;
- When there are deep painful cracks in the nipples;
- When a mother takes medications that are contraindicated in breast
6. How long should the baby suck?
The baby will suckle as much as he needs. Time
sucking can range from 5 minutes to 2 hours. In one case
baby wants to eat, in the other – to drink, in the third he is just
Mom’s warmth needed.
7. Do I need to wash my breasts before feeding? Of this
do not. It is enough to take a daily shower with the usual
baby soap. Do not use deodorized and antibacterial
means: they often cause allergies in babies and neutralize
beneficial bacteria. In case of sweating or excessive “leakage”
milk you can just rinse your breasts with warm water directly
8. Do I need to give the baby a pacifier? Not,
this should not be done. Satisfying the sucking reflex with
nipples, the baby will be less likely to take the breast. Accordingly, the mother
the amount of breast milk will decrease. Using dummy also
can lead to improper capture and even failure of the breast.
Читаем также: как отучить ребенка от пустышки
9. Do I need to solder the newborn with water?
Not, новорожденный не нуждается в воде, ведь грудное молоко состоит
of it by 90%. Even colostrum can completely satisfy thirst.
baby Water has no calories, so it can cause additional
weight loss or insufficient weight gain.
10. Does the baby have enough milk? About it you can
learn in two simple ways:
- The amount of urination. They have an infant in a day should
be 12 or more. Urine with colorless or pale yellow, without
smell. This criterion is true if the child is not drank water and
- Weight gain. Healthy baby gains weight at least 120 g per
week (excluding the time of stay in the maternity hospital), monthly increase
can vary from 0.5 to 2 kg (read also: normal increase
Maternal breast is not only a means of saturation.
baby, but also a way to communicate with the world, to meet the needs
in love, affection and tenderness. Breastfeed your baby and get
from this pleasure!
Читаем также: фундаментальные советы кормящей
mother about gv