- Determine the size
- How to choose shoes for a child up to a year?
- Choosing winter shoes for a one-year-old child
- We choose winter shoes for a child in 2 years
- We buy winter shoes for a child
With the onset of the first cold weather, many mothers begin to wonder the question is how to choose the right winter shoes for the child. the urgent issue of choosing the first children’s shoes becomes winter, when the baby begins to walk and it is very important that the child’s leg is not only comfortable, but also warm.
Determine the size
It is important that the little legs in the new shoes be comfortable, so you need to choose the right size. Often mom acquires shoes “for growth”, trying to save. It is fundamentally incorrect since:
- Compensating for the large size, more than one pair often dresses socks, which leads to the absence of an air layer at the foot, heat preserving;
- The baby may fall;
- The arch support moves and does not fulfill its function.
To correctly determine the size of shoes for the baby, it’s worth focus on three main indicators: foot length, rise and fullness.
In order to correctly determine the length of the foot child, you need to put his legs on thick paper, making sure that he fully relied on them, and his fingers were straightened out. After you need to outline the foot and measure the distance from thumb up to the middle of the heel.
The number that turned out in the end is the length of the foot of the child. To determine the optimal size of winter shoes, you need to add one – one and a half centimeter to the resulting value.
Lifting is the place where the foot goes into the lower leg. Distinguish between high (when this transition is smooth) and low (when it more pronounced) rise. This is an important point in the selection the size of children’s shoes, since a high-rise foot will freeze in a narrow boot and will be squeezed, and the leg with a low rise in shoes that are too wide will be unstable. Ideal for crumbs will be shoes that do not restrict movement and tight covering the foot.
Shoes for children vary in three categories of completeness: narrow, medium and wide. The completeness is measured with a flexible centimeter according to circle below the fingers on the most protruding points to the connection centimeter tape.
This criterion also means a lot when choosing children’s shoes, because if the foot is pinched, it can deform joints, and obstruct circulation. Also, the foot in a similar shoes will always freeze. Meanwhile, one should not choose too spacious shoes – the load on the foot is distributed in it not right, and the effect of heat conservation is generally absent.
Materials for sewing children’s winter shoes can be various:
- Genuine leather is the most common plastic material providing the necessary fit, capable of let air in and not retain moisture;
- Artificial leather is less versatile because it is not capable adapt to the shape of the legs, creates the effect of a greenhouse, deforms in severe frost;
- Textiles meet all hygiene requirements, they waterproof thanks to special impregnation, breathable, not wears out over time.
Materials for the manufacture of soles of winter children’s shoes more often Total speakers:
- Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) – considered waterproof, but frost-resistant, and often low strength;
- Thermoelastoplast (TEP) – not slippery, it is considered quite flexible, lightweight and durable;
- Polyurethane (PU) – such a sole due to low temperatures and moisture easily destroyed, therefore thermopoleuritan is most often used (TPU). The soles of it are weightless and porous.
An important element of winter children’s shoes is the insole. She removable and non-removable, with or without arch support. Thanks to the comfortable insole, the load is evenly distributed on leg. The advantage of a removable insole is that it can be easily reach and dry. At the same time, the fixed insole does not deliver problems while wearing and changing shoes.
The presence of an arch support is mandatory for children’s shoes, since it serves to support the arch of the foot and prevents flat feet formation. In some models of winter shoes, he missing, so in addition it’s worth buying a tough orthopedic insole – arch support is always present in it.
The presence of a high hard back in shoes is also desirable, since it helps to keep the foot in good condition and helps to avoid injuries when walking. Quality shoes for the convenience of walking and preventing chafing always has a soft pad on the upper edge of the backdrop.
In general, orthopedic winter shoes for a child represents the presence of insoles with arch support, high tight back and fasteners (laces, Velcro) that regulate covering foots with shoes. There is also a medical orthopedic shoes, the manufacture of which takes into account individual specificity of the foot of the child. The need to wear similar shoes only an orthopedic surgeon will detect.
The main types of insulation are most often:
- Natural fur is the most popular insulation, most often used tsigeyka or muton – in such the child’s shoes will definitely not be cold;
- Climatic membrane. It’s thin microporous fluoroplastic film. There are several types membranes (sympathex, gortex, ricotex, etc.) The principle of their action simple: water particles converted to steam penetrate outward, and they don’t get inside the shoes. The foot does not get wet by maintaining the necessary microclimate inside the boot;
- Synthetic materials (synthetic winterizer, tinsulate). Thinsulate is now the most popular, because it combines in air-tight and heat-saving properties. He is excellent protects heat and allows excess moisture to evaporate easily.
How to choose shoes for a child up to a year?
If the child is not yet walking, ideal for winters will become fur booties. Usually they are made of suede or textile insulated with sheepskin, fleece or polyester. Such soft, warm, weightless shoe heats perfectly and is comfortable in use: easy to put on and take off using a cord or Velcro. The only caveat is that at temperatures below + 5C the baby’s legs must be wrapped in a warm blanket.
A great option for kids spending more time in the stroller, will be felt boots made of felt and insulated by fur. They are quite warm (can be worn at -18C), lightweight and comfortable. The only negative – they are not suitable for wet weather.
It is undesirable to buy shoes in advance if the child is not yet stomping, but supposedly should start going to winter. In children this age, the leg grows up pretty quickly, and in a couple of months acquired boots may become small.
Choosing winter shoes for a one-year-old child
When the baby is just starting to take its first steps, an excellent option for the first winter shoes will be bitino leather with a sheepskin inside. They are very comfortable, lightweight and beautiful. When worn on a warm toe, the leg in such shoes does not freezes to -10 C.
As an option for extra shoes, you can use snow boots, made of textile with impregnation and insulated with fur. Bottom such The shoe is a rubber galosh. Snowboats are pretty warm and light, suitable for almost any climb.
When buying shoes, it is advisable to try it on a child, but in such he simply cannot say whether he’s comfortable or not, often can start to cry just because he fears a new things. In this case, just the right way, you will have to cut out child’s foot paper (taking into account the additional one – one and a half centimeters) with which you should contact the seller – to the consultant.
Do not forget about such parameters as completeness and climb. If you can still try on the shoes, try placing your finger between the back of the shoe and the heel of the baby: if it’s like once placed in this interval – the size is selected correctly.
We choose winter shoes for a child in 2 years
Children at 2 years old can already say it is comfortable for them in shoes, or no. At this age, when choosing winter shoes is required fitting, after which the baby should be like. If the size too big, it will immediately become noticeable: the child will drag feet, or tripping. If the shoes are small, he will be able to say that fingers crush.
At the age of two, children are already quite mobile, therefore the choice of winter shoes is expanding. Two-year-old can already be picked up membrane shoes, undesirable for children up to a year and toddlers, who move a little on the street. It fits any leg, not water permeable, durable and comfortable. When putting on a thermosock, such shoes are easy to wear even at -15 C.
We buy winter shoes for a child
Before you purchase a selected pair of shoes, you must carefully inspect the details:
- The sole should be fairly tight, but flexible, firmly fastened to shoes without gaps and glue residues;
- The seams on the material from which the shoes are made must be smooth, without protruding threads, symmetrical;
- The fur should be uniform in density throughout the boot, untreated protrusions and rough seams are unacceptable;
- All fasteners (velcro, lace or zipper) must be firmly Attached to shoes and easy to fasten.
Today, the selection of children’s winter shoes is huge. But it’s very important to choose the right pair among this variety, which is right for your child: warm, light, comfortable, wear resistant. And most importantly, to both you and the baby she I liked it!