Update: October 2018
See also: Causes of swelling under the eyes
The skin around the eyes is the most delicate and thin, it is 4 times thinner than the skin.
on other parts of the human body. For this reason, it is more
is subject to rapid aging and reacts more strongly to various
chemical irritants, causing an allergic reaction. Special
often eye allergy begins in the fall and spring when
immunity is subject to seasonal adjustment and is more vulnerable to
exposure to allergens.
Allergies around the eyes, on the eyelids: causes and symptoms
Symptoms of eyelid allergy may be as follows:
- Swelling of the eyelids, itching
- Increased tearing
- Redness of the skin around the eyes
- Dry skin around the eyes
- Skin peeling
- Rarely, but discharge from the eyes is possible.
However, it is necessary to differentiate allergic reactions with
inflammatory swelling, conjunctivitis. For this recommended
be examined by an allergist, pass tests:
- allergen skin tests
- conjunctival scraping
- the study of tear fluid to determine the number
- determine visual acuity
- conduct biomicroscopy – the cornea, eyelashes, eyelid margins,
Most commonly allergic to eyelids
the eye is observed in people who already have any other manifestations
allergies, it could be a seasonal allergy to pollen,
food allergies, perfume allergies, etc. Causes of allergies to
skin around the eyes:
- cosmetics, creams, gels, decorative cosmetics,
even nail polish (see harmful substances in cosmetics, creams)
- unhealthy diet, food allergies
- subcutaneous mites that may be rimmed old
- sun allergy
- very often sensitive skin around the eyes reacts to
ordinary tap water (see which water is best to drink), so for
determine the cause of allergies try to eliminate contact with water,
and only remove cosmetics with hypoallergenic creams.
- eyelid allergy is often associated with
disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, with dysbacteriosis
To clarify the cause of allergies should ask for
консультацией к следующим врачам: дерматолог,
Gastroenterologist, allergist, endocrinologist.
Eye allergy treatment
First you need to identify the allergen, then try it
eliminate. If it is cosmetic or medicinal
drugs, it is enough to cancel their use and stop
the course of allergy around the eyes with antihistamines,
and further try to avoid their repeated use. If a
allergy is very severe, the doctor may prescribe
hormonal drugs to relieve itching, and if joins
bacterial infection, antibiotics are indicated.
Antihistamine medicines for oral administration:
- Cetirizine – 1 tablet 1 time per day, Price 40-60 rubles., Drops
for oral administration 240 rubles.
- Chloropyramine – injections. Price 80 rub. for 5 ampoules
- Tsetrin – 1 tab. a day, with a light current can be every other day.
Price 150-160 rubles.
- Тавегил — и в табл. and in ampoules, the price is 150 -180 rubles.
- Супрастин — цена 130-140 rub.
- Zyrtec – tablets, price 240-250 rubles.
- Levocetirizine – tablets, price 170-300 rubles.
Read more about the best selection of allergy pills for a list.
Кремы при аллергии на skin around the eyes:
- Advantam – hormonal ointment, cream (price 360-390 rubles) – applied
Once a day on the affected area with a thin layer. it
non-halogenated synthetic glucocorticosteroid,
which should be used with caution, not long
only prescribed by a doctor.
- Celestoderm – cream (price 270-280 rubles) is also a glucocorticosteroid,
has a quick effect, but with frequent and prolonged use
any hormonal drug causes side effects such as
эффект привыкания, расширение сосудов в месте обработки,
skin atrophy, the appearance of rosacea. Should use such
drugs short courses and in extreme cases. Full list of all
hormonal ointments for skin diseases, psoriasis and their side
действия в our article. Allergy creams for children.
Additional means to eliminate allergies on the skin:
- Nagipol – (price 80 rub) beer yeast tablets or any
brewer’s yeast with zinc, they help to improve the condition of the skin in
- Herbal lotions – to soothe the skin and reduce
allergies under the eyes, you can put cotton pads soaked in
infusions of chamomile, sage, succession to the area of allergic
lesions. To prepare the infusion should: 1 tablespoon
medicinal herbs pour a glass of boiling water, let it brew for
30 minutes. Then wet cotton pads in the infusion and apply to
for centuries, every 2-3 minutes additionally moisten the discs and so
continue for 20 minutes.
Eye drops for allergic conjunctivitis:
In case allergy to the skin is also attached
conjunctivitis then eye drops from
conjunctivitis. Allergy eye drops are prescribed only.
- Опатанол – в составе олопатадин, в
- Аллергодил – в составе азеластин, цена 310-330
- Кромогексал – disodium salt, price 100
- Лекролин – кромоглициевая кислота, цена
The most common allergies on the skin around the eyes are caused by cosmetics, in
the composition of which includes protein molecules, phospholipids or
polysaccharides, as well as their combinations. it может быть и тушь для
eyelashes, and cream, nail polish and even powder. Always new cosmetics
must be tested, for this you need to apply on the skin of the forearm
cosmetic, wait for the reaction for 10 minutes,
only then apply on face.
If a в составе косметического средства есть этилендиамин
(stabilizer used in creams), imidazolidinyl urea
(preservative), n-phenylenediamine (in hair dye), parabens and
formaldehyde – do not risk, avoid such products
its use is fraught with the occurrence of allergic contact
dermatitis. It is ideal to use medical cosmetics without additives and
preservatives. It can be achieved and therapeutic effect, and decorative –
cleansing, moisturizing and nourishing to the skin.
Автор: Мельникова Светлана Георгиевна врач-дерматолог