Update: November 2018
Universal allergization of the population of Russia, and not only ours
country scares its aggressive spread. Nowadays
It’s hard to find someone who hasn’t experienced any
allergic reaction – food, dust, allergy to wool
animals, flowering plants, medicines, household and
cosmetic and perfume chemistry, alcohol, sun and even
Allergy can manifest itself on human skin, and
affect the functions of the respiratory system, the digestive
tract, manifest as a runny nose and allergic conjunctivitis.
Allergy treatment is a difficult task because the mechanism
the onset of allergies is complex, medicine cannot yet fix
changes in the immune system and is only capable
relieve symptoms of its occurrence. So, how to treat allergic
- Allergic conjunctivitis is one of the allergic variants.
body reactions to external stimuli.
- In allergic conjunctivitis, the symptoms may be: seasonal
or permanent (year round). Disease can be acute,
subacute or chronic.
- In allergic conjunctivitis, the treatment has 3 main
- allergen isolation
- treatment with eye drops – mast cell stabilizers,
antihistamine, in very severe cases of corticosteroids in
каплях (см. список всех капель в глаза от аллергии)
- Antihistamines – pills for allergies.
- Аллергические конъюнктивит у children and adults могут протекать в
- Pollinous conjunctivitis
- Medicinal conjunctivitis
- Spring keratoconjunctivitis
- Chronic allergic conjunctivitis
- У взрослых — Atopic keratoconjunctivitis.
Symptoms аллергического конъюнктивита у детей
Upon contact with an allergen, the severity of symptoms of an allergic
conjunctivitis is directly dependent on the concentration of the allergen and on
body reactions. Therefore, the reaction is immediate – within
half an hour or slowed down 1-2 days.
- Most often, allergic conjunctivitis occurs together with
аллергическим ринитом, то there is насморк, чиханье дополняет
- There is excessive tearing, burning in the eyes, under
for centuries, itching.
- Children constantly scratching eyes, thus provoking joining
secondary infection, which is why ophthalmologists often recommend and
antimicrobial ointments, and drops with a long course
allergic conjunctivitis in children.
- Зуд может быть настолько intense, что вынуждает ребенка или
взрослого бесконечно растирать eyes.
- Small follicles may appear on the mucous membrane of the eye or
- Discharge from the eyes most often clear, mucous, less often.
- When joining a secondary infection purulent discharge
found in the corners of the eyes, especially after sleep.
- Also, the child complains about the dryness of the mucous eyes, feeling
sand in the eyes, photophobia appears.
- As tear production decreases and atrophies
conjunctiva (especially in adults and the elderly), there are pains and
cutting discomfort with eye movement.
- Sometimes in children, on the contrary, an increase in secretion production occurs.
tears, usually at the onset of the disease.
- У children and adults возникает утомляемость глаз, покраснение
With круглогодичном аллергическом конъюнктивите
the child or adult is constantly confronted with an allergen, more often
all this is household chemicals, house dust (see dust allergy) or
pet hair – cats, dogs, rabbits, rodents, feather
parrots. With периодическом, сезонном
allergic conjunctivitis, symptoms appear only in
certain time – periods of flowering plants. With
контактном конъюнктивите развитие заболевания
provoked by contact lens solutions as well
using creams, ointments, cosmetics by girls and
Before starting a specific treatment, you should accurately
установить аллерген, не всегда это легкая задача.
And often only one ophthalmologist cannot help the patient,
therefore, you should also contact a dermatologist and an allergist for
method of determining the allergen that has become the causative agent of inadequate reaction
The table below shows the types of allergic conjunctivitis,
symptoms characteristic of each species, age category
patients prone to conjunctivitis.
|Types of allergic conjunctivitis||Seasonal change||Age||Itchy eyes||Inflammation of the eyelids, corneas||Discharge from the eyes||Tearing|
|Allergic conjunctivitis – pollinous, chronic (if
Lasts a year, six months)
|Seasonal disease, often accompanied by allergic
runny nose when weeds bloom, flowers, trees
|any age||strong||not||mucous discharge||there is и значительное|
|Drug||not||any age||there is||eyelid skin, cornea, choroid, retina, optic
|there is||there is|
|Spring keratoconjunctivitis||summer and spring aggravation||more often after 14 years, but it happens in children from 3 years||there is||cornea is affected||viscous discharge||may be absent intense|
|Atopic keratoconjunctivitis||not||over 40 years old||there is||there is||different||+ –|
Treatment of allergic conjunctivitis
As we have said, the most accurate and reliable method of treatment
allergic conjunctivitis – an exception to the allergen that k
Unfortunately, it is not always possible. Further damage is local (when
mild cases) and systemic antihistamine therapy, the doctor also
may prescribe specific immunotherapy and symptomatic
drug therapy, with a protracted prophylactic process
prescribe antimicrobial agents.
Pills and drops from allergic conjunctivitis
- For allergic conjunctivitis, an appointment is made.
antihistamine drugs inside – Loratadine, Claritin, Cetrin,
Zyrtec, Telfast. Not all antihistamines can be taken.
children – allergy pills for children and adults.
- Drops from the group of membrane stabilizing agents – Lekrolin
(Kromoheksal), Zaditen (ketotifen), prices for eye drops from
- Drops from the group of histamine receptor blockers – Opatanol,
Histimette (not for children under 12), Allergodil (Azelastine), Vizin
- It is necessary to use eye drops from allergic
conjunctivitis, mast cell stabilizers, these are derivatives
cromoglycic acid, they contribute to blocking the production
histamine, among such drops from allergic conjunctivitis can
highlight – High-chrome (children under 4 can not) Kromoheksal, Lekrolin,
Crom-Allerg, Lodoxamide (Alomid, not for children under 2 years old)
- Elderly people may develop dry syndrome.
eyes when for physiological reasons the production of tears
reduced or terminated altogether. In this case, when
allergic conjunctivitis, treatment is indicated by tear replacement
– Hyphenosis (40 rubles), Inox, Oxial, Oftolik, Vidisik, Oftogel,
Vizin is a clean tear, Sustain, a natural tear. If in progress
inflammation is involved and the cornea is then prescribed and eye drops with
vitamins – Katahrom, Taufon, Emoksipin, Quinax, Catalin,
Vita-Yodurol, Khrustalin, Udzhala, as well as with dexpanthenol.
- For very severe forms of allergic conjunctivitis, a doctor
may prescribe corticosteroid eye drops, ointment, in the composition
which include dexamethasone or hydrocortisone. Similar treatment
should always be avoided because hormone therapy is the last
крайний случай, когда not уже других вариантов терапии. Is always
be very careful when treating corticosteroids
hormonal agents, to observe the dosages prescribed by the doctor and
treatment, drug withdrawal should be gradual.
- The doctor may also prescribe topical nonsteroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs – eye drops with diclofenac.
- If a patient has a persistent recurrence of allergic
conjunctivitis, the doctor may consider options for
Treatment of seasonal conjunctivitis – pollinosis
Avoid flowering of weeds, grass plants, practically
of all trees is unrealistic, therefore both in children and adults most often
Pollinous conjunctivitis begins acutely with burning, photophobia,
itching and tearing. What to do than to treat allergic
conjunctivitis? The treatment is as follows:
- Instilling eye drops Allergodil and Spersallerg. Already through
15 minutes of relief of the symptoms, especially in Spersallerg,
поскольку в его составе there is и сосудосуживающий препарат.
- At the beginning of an allergy 3-4 p / day, then 2 p / day drip. If a
allergy is very strong, oral administration is possible
- With such conjunctivitis subacute or chronic course
Also, the doctor prescribed drops from allergic conjunctivitis,
such as Kromoheksal and Alomid 3-4 p / day.
- Vasoconstrictor drops – Vizin Alerji,
Treatment of chronic allergic conjunctivitis
This is the most frequent variant of the development of conjunctivitis, because if
пациента there is склонность к аллергическим реакциям, он везде найдет
�”Your allergen”. In a chronic process, the symptoms are not so bright.
expressed, but burning and itching of the eyelids, tearing is also observed.
- Common causes are food allergies, plant pollen,
animal dander, fish food, medicine, and household chemicals; and
- The doctor may prescribe drops Alomid, Kromoheksal 2-3 p / day, and
also Spersallerg 1-2 p / day, drops with dexamethasone.
Treatment of spring keratoconjunctivitis
Most often this disease occurs in children 3-7 years old, in boys
more common, chronic conjunctivitis, affects both
eyes. A distinctive feature is the papillary growth of cartilage.
века на конъюнктиве eyes. Most often the nipples are small, however
there are also large, leading to the deformation of the century. Symptoms
allergic keratoconjunctivitis are intensified in spring, and by the fall
- Standard drops for allergic conjunctivitis – Cromohexal
and Alomid help effectively, but doctors sometimes prescribe them along with
dexamethasone – maxidex.
- If a проявляются роговичные изменения — эрозии, эпителиопатия,
infiltrates, keratitis, then you should use alomid 2-3 / day
- In acute allergic manifestations can be used Allergodil
2p / day simultaneously with Maxidex drops.
- For complex system action you can connect
oral antihistamines – Cetrin, Claritin, Zodak and
etc., as well as immunotherapy in the form of a course of 6-10 injections
Treatment of allergic reactions in infectious
Numerous studies by ophthalmologists claim that with
любых инфекционных и вирусных conjunctivitis — герпетическом,
adenoviral, chlamydial, fungal, acute bacterial,
allergy manifests itself in the clinical picture of any of these
diseases. Moreover, it is believed that all chronic
conjunctivitis are allergic in nature.
- For any bacterial or viral conjunctivitis therapy
a mass of antibiotics, antiseptics, antiviral agents creates
powerful toxic background in the conjunctiva and in the body as a whole.
- Therefore, any antibiotic therapy of infectious or other
conjunctivitis – adenoviral, chlamydial, herpetic,
should be supplemented with antihistamine eye drops.
- In acute infectious conjunctivitis, Allergodil and Spersallerg
2-3 p / day, with chronic Alomid or Cromohexal 2 p / day.
Treatment of drug allergic conjunctivitis
Often all the medicines that a person treats
a lot of diseases – essentially alien, hostile
agents for the immune system and its natural response is justified.
30% of all allergic conjunctivitis are caused by taking
various drugs. Even with the local use of creams, ointments,
gels, and we melt more when used internally, development is possible
- Allergies can cause eye drops and ointments, and not only
conjunctiva, but also the cornea, skin of the eyelids. Allergy develops and on
preservative, included in eye drops, and it may appear
only 2-4 weeks later when provocative
- Treat this condition with the initial elimination
provoking drugs. Urgently prescribed oral
antihistamine drug inside -Cetrin, Loratadin, Claritin 1
p / day and eye drops Allergodil, Spersallerg 2-3 p / day, with no
acute and chronic allergic conjunctivitis
Cromohexal 2-3 p / day.