Update: October 2018
Acupuncture is a popular medical technique, a type of
reflexology, allowing to get rid of many ailments and
diseases. During the procedure, external
irritants – needles that act on an extremely small
the surface area of the skin, and more specifically the nerve endings located
in the tissues. However, any medical procedure (acupuncture is not
exception), has a number of contraindications and should not be used
without the testimony of the attending physician.
AT основе данного лечебного метода находится практический опыт
Ancient Oriental Medicine – Chinese Acupuncture
practiced before the BC. and popular in the country so far. WITH
over time, the possibilities of the technique have expanded, more and more
more diseases and symptoms can be cured with
The uniqueness of acupuncture needles lies in the launch of different
variants of reflex reactions that depend on the method and
the depths of their productions. Reflex reactions can change
the functional state of all parts of the nervous system and influence
WITHущность иглоукалывания – теории, объясняющие терапевтический
WITHуществует несколько теорий, объясняющих лечебное действие
- Changing the electrical discharge locally at
Setting the needle to a point affects the body’s electrical discharge.
The potential of the acupuncture point spreads through the channel and
additionally annoying other reflex points.
- Bioelectric currents create resonance, which provides
therapeutic effect. With the coincidence of the oscillation frequency and length
waves of biocurrents with the same indications of altered tissue
происходит положительный лечебный Effect;
- Electrical theory
- Theory of histamine alignment. Normalization of histidine levels
and histamine formed in the affected organs on the reflex
level, through the impact of needles on certain segments
симпатической ЦНWITH и спинного мозга. This leads to normalization.
metabolism and capillary blood flow.
- The theory of normalization of blood flow in the capillaries. ATоздействие
needles leads to the normalization of blood flow in the capillaries, which
приводит к вторичному Effectу – устранению патологических изменений
определенного органа или system.
- Theory of tissue therapy. It is believed that the therapeutic effect
have protein degradation products and necrohormones produced in
the place of the needle in case of tissue injury.
- The theory of normalization of blood flow in the capillaries. ATоздействие
- Thermoelectric concept. The needle is peculiar
thermal probe and affects thermal homeostasis. When immersing the needle in
electrolyte medium on it there is an electric potential,
optimal for effects on the nervous system. It is celebrated
two-phase temperatures: excitation is accompanied by local
increased temperature due to increased blood flow;
braking is accompanied by a local decrease in temperature. Needles
of gold have lower thermal conductivity and act
возбуждающе, тогда как серебряные иглы помогают достичь Effectа
- Theory of hypnosis. Hypnosis is a special state of consciousness, with
which is possible directional change in perception and memory.
Acupuncture blood pressure rises to
level, as in the reaction to pain stimuli (read about the norm
blood pressure), but analgesia is significantly higher than during
normal hypnosis time. AT отличие от психотерапевтических приемов,
acupuncture works with somatic receptor irritation
нервных волокон и периферической нервной system.
Acupuncture Reflex Mechanisms
Reflex principle of operation
considered generally accepted and recognized as official medicine, explaining
use of acupuncture. The reflex response is carried out with
the involvement of humoral and nervous mechanisms and the participation of the majority
brain structures. Knowing somatotopic and visceral innervation,
can be directed to influence a certain function or human organ
through external reflex effects.
ATыбор акупунктурных точек (точки иглоукалывания) и глубины их
reference is carried out on the basis of the structure of irritated tissues and
impact zones. The response is realized through the nervous
the system. WITHтимуляция определенной рефлекторной точки вызывает самую
strong reaction within that metamera or spinal segment,
with which this point is most closely associated.
This principle is called “metameric reflexology.” On
today this mechanism of action has a proven
neuroanatomical rationale as to the spinal
segments include not only skin areas, but also muscles, ligaments,
bones, internal organs and vessels.
How does the needle
Anesthesia. The needle stimulates the “fast”
sensitive nerve fibers: a nerve impulse gets into faster
brain, rather than a painful impulse from a diseased organ that
walks along “slow” fibers. When a brain impulses from
needles activate inhibitory interneurons that block
brain areas perceiving pain from the affected organ.
Improved overall condition. There are nerve points at the acupuncture point.
endings that belong to the endorphinergic system (centers
This system is localized in the central gray matter and nuclear
brain seam). The excitation of these endings leads to
secretion of endorphins by the pituitary gland, providing relaxing and
analgesic effects comparable to opium preparations.
Activation of the blood supply and innervation. Through the reflex point
the needle activates the area of the brain that regulates the work of an individual
body. It is stimulated by its blood supply and innervation, which
significantly speeds up recovery.
The effect of acupuncture on the body
- Improving blood circulation;
- Normalization of metabolism;
- Improved mental state, which is expressed in
relaxation or stimulation of the CNS (depending on the points
- Elimination of edema;
- Immunity increase;
- Anti-inflammatory effect;
- Normalization of hormonal background;
- Improve skin condition.
Acupuncture treatment – indications
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system: arthritis,
osteochondrosis, periarthritis, arthrosis, myositis, sprain,
bursitis, fractures, heel spurs, scoliosis. Often acupuncture
prescribed for osteochondrosis – completely cured with needles
impossible but to significantly reduce unpleasant symptoms
really. Acupuncture is considered the most effective when
problems in the cervical spine.
- Pathology of the nervous system: vegetative dystonia, neuritis,
neuralgia, radiculitis, vertebral hernia, dizziness, migraine,
nocturnal enuresis, neurosis, hysteria, nervous tics.
- Respiratory diseases: chronic laryngitis, tracheitis,
bronchial asthma, bronchitis, chronic pneumonia is not
- Pathologies of the heart and blood vessels: heart block, arrhythmias,
hypotension, hypertension 1-2 tbsp.
- Diseases of the digestive system: gastralgia, nausea,
gastroduodenitis, gastrointestinal disorders of functional genesis, ulcerative
stomach and duodenal ulcer, cholestasis (bile stasis),
- Diseases of the genitourinary system: prostatitis, chronic cystitis,
- Diseases of the female sphere: infertility on the background of hormonal
imbalance, ovarian dysfunction, menopause, menstrual disorders
- Eye diseases: oculomotor disturbances, squint,
drop in visual acuity.
- Allergy: itchy skin, neurodermatitis, eczema, urticaria.
- Endocrine diseases: type 2 diabetes, hypothyroidism,
thyrotoxicosis and mild thyroiditis, hypothalamic
- Bad habits: alcoholism, smoking, drug addiction.
Acupuncture for smoking and other addictions gives a positive
the effect is only with persistent human motivation to get rid of harmful
- Obesity. Acupuncture for weight loss is especially recommended.
at crucial moments when the will and power of a person leaves
motivation to achieve normal weight.
It should be understood that acupuncture cannot be considered.
as monomethodics – it is used in complex treatment with
diet therapy, medication and other treatment. Most active
needles are positioned to treat the spine, but should not
expect miracles. For example, if a hernia is already indicated for the treatment of
surgery, acupuncture can not be regarded as the main
Contraindications for acupuncture
- children up to 12 months. Many are interested in whether
acupuncture for babies up to a year, especially with various pathologies
CNS, in which the procedure has a positive effect. Age 12
Month is considered an absolute contraindication because
risk of damage to thin skin and underlying structures;
- cancer and benign tumors –
activation of blood circulation accelerates tumor growth or
- blood diseases (leukemia, hemophilia) – deterioration
hematopoietic organs and blood;
- mental illness – even minor pain and discomfort
during the procedure can trigger an attack of excitement or
- alcohol or drug intoxication – also possible
inadequate response from the patient’s string;
- fever – violation of the mechanisms that provide therapeutic
action from the procedure;
- infectious diseases (hepatitis, venereal diseases,
purulent inflammatory diseases, AIDS, tuberculosis in the open
form) – the procedure may contribute to the spread
pathogen in the body;
- diseases of the immune system – the risk of autoimmune
- sharp pains of not clear genesis – it can be a manifestation
diseases in which the procedure is contraindicated;
- complicated pregnancy – the procedure stimulates reduction
uterus and can lead to miscarriage or premature birth.
Relative – the decision on the possibility of treatment is made
- pregnancy. In the second half of pregnancy is not recommended
this treatment even with its normal course;
- patient age over 70 years;
- multiple sclerosis;
- hypothalamic syndrome with trophic and neuroendocrine
- progressive muscular dystrophy;
- menstruation period in women;
- physical overwork, emotional overstrain.
- do not use acupuncture points on the front of the head and
face in children up to 7 years;
- skin lesions of any etiology at the place of needle placement;
- varicose veins (do not put needles in places
- scars, scars.
- Even official medicine recognizes that in order to be treated
was effective, you need to believe in success;
- You can not come to the procedure immediately after a meal or on an empty
stomach, as well as after intravenous injection;
- You should inform the doctor about all drugs that are taken.
before the procedure;
- Before the procedure, you can not visit the sauna or bath;
- During the entire course of treatment should refrain from taking
- During the procedure, the person should feel comfortable.
Supercooling is undesirable, as spasmodic muscles and
vessels reduce the effect of treatment.
How is a session of acupuncture
The acupuncture cabinet is equipped so that
the person was experiencing psychological comfort. If a
several patients are being taken at once – for each
an individual booth or fenced couch.
The procedure can be accompanied by light music, which is positive
affects the treatment of neurosis, hysteria and other pathologies of the nervous
After disinfection of the skin, the doctor with gentle movements
twists needles into specific biologically active points or
needle positioning is performed using a special apparatus.
Points are selected depending on the patient’s disease (for example, when
cervical osteochondrosis acupuncture points are located at the inner
edges of the scapula, etc.).
Usually on one session put 8-10 needles, which are located in
patient’s body 20-40 minutes. By the end of the procedure, some needles themselves
come out of the tissues either the doctor removes them painlessly for
Frequency and duration of treatment are determined individually, but
in any case, you should be ready for the course of 10-12 procedures,
which are held daily. For the treatment of newly emerged
pathologies in complex therapy is enough 1 course of acupuncture,
chronic pathologies require a course of treatment with needles 1 time per
Some patients report relief after the first session.
acupuncture, the other takes a few weeks after
complete the session so that the body responds with a positive effect. AT
In any case, the effect of the procedure is an individual indicator,
which depends on the state of the body.
What does the patient feel when setting the needles?
AT целом процедура переносится хорошо и не причиняет дискомфорта,
and the more pronounced pain. Feelings when setting needles
are individual and depend on individual threshold
The needles have a rounded edge, so they do not pierce the skin, but
pushing her. ATо время процедуры человек ощущает пульсацию и
slight pressure in acupuncture points. ATозможно чувство
slight tingling, itching and warmth. Some
patients note a feeling of heaviness, numbness, electric shock.
ATред иглоукалывания – побочные Effectы
Some patients may develop acupuncture.
- bruising and pain at the needle point (if damaged
- infection with blood borne diseases
(гепатиты WITH, AT, ATИЧ), которое связано с несоблюдением правил
- damage to underlying tissues as a result of poor qualifications
doctor and violation of needle setting techniques;
- malignancy of benign lesions in traumatizing them
needle (moles, keloid scars);
- drop in blood pressure, until fainting.
Автор: врач-гигиенист, эпидемиолог